I don't like horror movies, so I won't be seeing this movie.

Here's my question for those who do like horror movies:

Why do you like to see a movie about a evil, psycho killer, everyone dies but the hero, and then you found out the killer's not dead. Too much violence, too much gore, not enough substance. That's my take on horror movies.

What's yours? :borg: :innocent::laugh: :alien:

I don't like horror movies either, but I like to be frightened sometimes, just for the adrenaline :)

But I usually don't have to watch a movie, just visist a friend who seem to have dedicated his whole life to scaring people :laugh:

Edited by Alterego

i hope whats happened to the friday the 13th series isnt going to happen to star trek where TPTB will do anything to make a buck so they slap on a logo onto crap and hope that it can make them money simply off the endorsement of the logo....

I've been waiting for this film for almost 20-years.There is a pool amongst my friends and I as to which character walks away from this fight the king of slasher films.Basically the choices are Freddy wins,Jason wins,draw.I have picked Jason,for various reasons.For the most part,I find Jason scarier than Freddy,and I'm reasonably sure I could get the best of Kreuger in my dreams(I usually am aware that I am dreaming,when I am dreaming and have reasonably good control over my dreams...another odd little skill I seem to have).What are your thoughts on the matter?

Stardate:213605.6

Hmmmm looks like its gonna be interesting.Im gonna pick Jason to win this one.Freddy is just in your dreams and im pretty sure if he came into my dreams i could get out of it.I can wake up from scary dreams(and no not by tapping the back of my hand :laugh: ).Jason on the other hand is in the waking world and i think it would be harder to survive him.So I think Jason wins and as the commercial says"Kills all"

Why do you like to see a movie about a evil, psycho killer, everyone dies but the hero, and then you found out the killer's not dead.  Too much violence, too much gore, not enough substance.  That's my take on horror movies.

What's yours? :borg:  :laugh:  :dude:  :alien:

I'm not sure why I like them.I just like to be scared,I guess.Unfortunately modern horror films don't know how to scare you.They're too busy showing you all the beautiful young actors making out and showing gross-out FX.If you want a good scare you need to watch something with Vincent Price,Christopher Lee,Peter Cushing,Lon Chaney,etc.Now,those gentlemen were masters of the craft,and their films are legendary.The original Bela Lugosi Dracula is one of the finest films ever.I have a copy on DVD with a remastered score.Its just awesome.The only horror related things that still deliver good scares on demand are novels(the good ones,by the great spook authors).

I will have to go see this movie not because i like horror but i do like the elm street movies but I am thinking ether this movie is going to be great or really bad i don't think there will be a middle and i don't think ether of them are going to win they might get away but not win the people in the movie (the elm street kids i do beleve) will be the winners.

I will have to go see this movie not because i like horror but i do like the elm street movies but I am thinking ether this movie is going to be great or really bad i don't think there will be a middle and i don't think ether of them are going to win they might get away but not win the people in the movie (the elm street kids i do beleve) will be the winners.

Indeed, With A Movie Like This, It Can OnlY Be Extremely Good Or Extremely Bad.

Nowhere in between.

I'm Seeing It This Saturday Btw :laugh:

Indeed, With A Movie Like This, It Can OnlY Be Extremely Good Or Extremely Bad.

Nowhere in between.

I'm Seeing It This Saturday Btw B)

im betting on really bad.

the freddy and jason movies have gotten worse and worse over time. and thats bad because i always have hated them. not a fan of slashers.

i like horrors like the omen, evil dead. thats about it.

Why do you like to see a movie about a evil, psycho killer, everyone dies but the hero, and then you found out the killer's not dead.  Too much violence, too much gore, not enough substance.  That's my take on horror movies.

What's yours? :borg:  :)  :)  :alien:

I'm not sure why I like them.I just like to be scared,I guess.Unfortunately modern horror films don't know how to scare you.They're too busy showing you all the beautiful young actors making out and showing gross-out FX.If you want a good scare you need to watch something with Vincent Price,Christopher Lee,Peter Cushing,Lon Chaney,etc.Now,those gentlemen were masters of the craft,and their films are legendary.The original Bela Lugosi Dracula is one of the finest films ever.I have a copy on DVD with a remastered score.Its just awesome.The only horror related things that still deliver good scares on demand are novels(the good ones,by the great spook authors).

I really do not like Horror Moives as well, I find them to make people not understand reality and fiction. It triggers the violent impulse in people to do something wrong. Freddy vs. Jason as example, two badtime villians seeking out to kill out many people in a town, but end up in a evil vs. evil battle. I think that the idea is very original, and twist the perspective of good vs. evil, but I just do not understand why they have to have a lot of violence for somehting to be considered as good.

Stardate:213633.2

I went and seen it yesterday.It was pretty good.Not quite as good as I expected but still worth watching.Oh and buy the way

[MAJOR SPOILER!]

Click for Spoiler:

I was right Jason WON!!!When it was all said and done.Jason walked away with Freddy's head in his hand.

Stardate:213633.2

I went and seen it yesterday.It was pretty good.Not quite as good as I expected but still worth watching.Oh and buy the way

[MAJOR SPOILER!]

Click for Spoiler:

I was right Jason WON!!!When it was all said and done.Jason walked away with Freddy's head in his hand.

Yeah but....

spoiler to the spoiler

Click for Spoiler:

Freddy's head winked at the audience and then he laughed at the end. I don't think it was a clear cut (excuse the pun) victory. Also we might be treated to Freddy Vs Jason II in the near future. By the way I liked this film, it was fun and retro....my friends and I also noted the many women who had implants through the entire film.

I've Seen A Few Of Them, But There's One Thing I'm Not Clear About.

Did He Posses Someone In Part II Or Something. Or A Body That Was Already Dead?

And Is He In The Same Body Each Movie?

I don't watch them but.....

I get that confused with Jason, and Michael Myers it's hard to remember which is which. I know you can't kill them because the keep coming back.....again, and again

Jason Wears A Hockey Mask.

Michael Myers Wears A William Shatner Mask, Painted White, With The Hair Frizzed Out  :lol:

Stardate:213633.9

Seriously!Thats a William Shatner Mask?!

Generally, I avoid crossoverish horror movies, but my bf's been trying to get me to see this with him. (Via cell phone, in the theater. We don't live close.) So, I might...

I'm not clear on that either, jason was a child at the end of part one (after being drowned and dead for what 20? years) and then a man at the the start of part two. Magic, evil magic. :lol:

*threads merged*

Neither can win that war, battles ok, but never the war.

Jason is impossible to kill, the only people who can kill him are his deceased relatives. So he cannot be eliminated.

Freddy was burned to death in reality, but fear kept him in the dream world, which he can be brought out of, so he can be killed again, but aslong as fear of him exists he can keep being reincarnated in the dream world over n over again.

and I'm reasonably sure I could get the best of Kreuger in my dreams(I usually am aware that I am dreaming,when I am dreaming and have reasonably good control over my dreams...another odd little skill I seem to have).What are your thoughts on the matter?

Click for Spoiler:

You may be aware your dreaming, but so did Mark, the expert on Freddy, and he died screaming "wake me up!!!"

Eh, I don't watch horror movies. I just don't see the point in watching a movie where some bad guy runs arround with a knife or whatever and kills everyone for 2 hours, only to be predictably killed by the dumb blonde or the guy everyone thought was killed or whatever.

Eh, I don't watch horror movies.  I just don't see the point in watching a movie where some bad guy runs arround with a knife or whatever and kills everyone for 2 hours, only to be predictably killed by the dumb blonde or the guy everyone thought was killed or whatever.

I disagree. Some times the girl is brunnette.

Edited by cyphrx