Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

E'sian

G'day and some questions

Hi all,

I'm a little lost by your site, it's uhh bigger than I'm used to.

So I hope I'm posting in the right spot, if not could one of the mods please move this (I hate getting flamed over small misunderstandins :hug: )

So I was interested in making a star trek (I've seen stargate ones before) music video but i wouldn't mind some information. :assimilated:

Do they get shown at cons?

How do you load/make the ones in quarks bar? When i right clicked save as all i got was a small file but opening it it played streaming kinda like youtube (no offence meant i just don't know the technicalities of how you did it so it was the only comparrison i could draw)

If I made a music video what sort of programs do you use and could i get it up here, i've never seen a wxv(?) file before?

other than that about me...

I'm a 27 yr old female from Australia and i really like sci-fi *shrugs* other than that I have no idea what to say :)

oh and I'll get around to makeing a sig and stuff... eventually

Welcome aboard. :assimilated:

You'll find that there are posters here from all over the world. While we're Star Trek fans, we also have varied other interests. I think that you will have a great time here and hope that you post early and often.

another aussie, another female and another trekkie, what more could i ask for. welcome aboard. oh and careful of van roy, he is obsessed with our toilets.

btw i am 22 female and aussie

At the '06 Vegas con, they had a fan video competition. It was really good. I believe they're having another this year. If you check the websites for different cons they prob. state what/if type of competition they're having.

Hi all,

I'm a little lost by your site, it's uhh bigger than I'm used to.

So I hope I'm posting in the right spot, if not could one of the mods please move this (I hate getting flamed over small misunderstandins :P )

So I was interested in making a star trek (I've seen stargate ones before) music video but i wouldn't mind some information. :P

Do they get shown at cons?

How do you load/make the ones in quarks bar? When i right clicked save as all i got was a small file but opening it it played streaming kinda like youtube (no offence meant i just don't know the technicalities of how you did it so it was the only comparrison i could draw)

If I made a music video what sort of programs do you use and could i get it up here, i've never seen a wxv(?) file before?

other than that about me...

I'm a 27 yr old female from Australia and i really like sci-fi *shrugs* other than that I have no idea what to say :dude:

oh and I'll get around to makeing a sig and stuff... eventually

Hello and welcome. I made most of the videos that are here at STF, it's been a few years since I made them but if I remember correctly I used Windows Movie Maker to actually put them together with music. There's several other types of programs out there that you could use but WMM is probably the easiest to learn.

WVX is just a small text file that tells the web server where to find the associated video. If you download one of the wvx files just right click on it and click "open with" and then tell it to open with something like Notepad or Word. With that you will see a series of commands and a web location that points to where the actual video is located on the internet.

ahh sorry i've been busy wit work.

Thanks all, I'll get around to making that video soon i think :hug: