who is the best captain?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. vote for the best captain

• Kirk
    • Picard
    • Janeway
    • Sisko
    • Archer

If that's true then sure, but, why did Shat say he's not in it?

For the record, I voted Kirk.

I know there isn't anything to back up what im about to say, but when shat was offered to play kirk in generations, he said it would be the last time because the producers were finally would not only have two captains from 80 year time period come together, but at the time he got tired of the fame for being kirk. he wanted to be taken more seriously as an actor.

he wanted to be taken more seriously as an actor.

Yet he's playing goofball Denny Crane........

This is no doubt a calculated move by Shatner. He wants a lot of money to be in this movie. He's circulating the story that he really wants to be in the movie but they won't let him so that the public will take up the cause and put pressure on the producers. Its a negotiating tactic, thats all. I'm pretty sure we will end up seeing him in the movie.

Look at Leslie Nielson of the Naked Gun and such movies. For years he wanted to taken more seriously, but when you get old how serious can you be taken? My wife hasn't taken me serious for years :)

well for once i didn't like the fact data was the one to be killed in nemisis...(stupid producers...) but i understand why shather didn't want to keep playing kirk. i mean take a look at Star Trek: Of Gods and Men. it takes place 12 years after he's swept into the nexus. but there is some people that doesn't want him coming back to reprise his role as kirk.

Captain James.T.Kirk...who else!!

Kudos for the green women thing..lol :)

I picked Picard, TNG got me sooo intersted in Star Trek. Archer is my second favorite andI'm really happy to se so many Ent fans again

archer was a good captain...then again he manged to make more enemies in four seasons than janeway did.

Edited by tj_hawk

Johnathan Archer was the best. Everything he did was recorded down for our other captains to disseminate and learn from. Where else would Kirk and the others learn how to deal with virtual unknowns? the answer would be from studying the intrepid voyages of Captain Archer. Archer was a trailblazer and pioneer in the archives of Starfleet history and has earned my vote for best captain. :yahoo:

It was tough for me because i like both Sisko and Picard but in the end i went with Picard more or less because he was Captain longer the Sisko has been..and also i love that CoOOl english accent!!

:yahoo:

I voted for Picard. I haven't watched a whole lot of the other series as much as TNG so really I am more familiar with Captain Picard.

Picard certainly had his moments. I thought he was great in "The Inner Light". :nono:

I voted for Kirk but Picard would be a real close second. The biggest reason I didn't vote for Picard is because he seemed to have a tendency to be more of a father figure than a gung-ho man of action like Kirk. Also, and I'm not really sure why, but since "Generations" I've always liked the potential for Harriman too.

I voted for Kirk but Picard would be a real close second. The biggest reason I didn't vote for Picard is because he seemed to have a tendency to be more of a father figure than a gung-ho man of action like Kirk. Also, and I'm not really sure why, but since "Generations" I've always liked the potential for Harriman too.

John Harriman seems like a wuss to me. Maybe my opinion of him will change once "Of Gods and Men" finally makes it to Cyberspace.

archer was a good captain...then again he manged to make more enemies in four seasons than janeway did.

yeah but janeway kept moving on!!

but she's no longer a captain, she's a admiral. then again it's better than what the others did...just stay a captain. well then again kirk was a admiral for 5 years until they decided to demote him permenatlytto captain for disobeying orders and several other charges.

I've always thought of Harriman as a wuss too. I don't know how an indecisive guy like that would be placed in charge of the Federation flagship.

I've always thought of Harriman as a wuss too. I don't know how an indecisive guy like that would be placed in charge of the Federation flagship.

Maybe he was a buttkisser that got his own command?

Harriman was also given, essentially half a ship and, what seemed like, an inexperienced crew. I know he was no Kirk and Kirk would kick butt with less than that, but I'd like to find out how Harriman would grow as a Captain. He feel responsible for Kirk's death and that would change anyone.

There are a couple of books out there that show Harriman later on in his career as a more experienced and competent captain.

As much as I am a fan of TOS I had to vote for Picard. Look at what the poor guy had to put up with , Data (shut up Data!!!), Wesley "want shove him out an airlock naked" Crusher, a ship with children. He handled crisis with more thought than Kirk but still could kick butt when needed. He was turned into a Borg and came out of it with most of his marbles.

Kirk is a very very close second, he would kick butt then think about the consequences later and if he had to ever put up with a ship full of children they would probably all have been calling him Captain Daddy. :hug:

Edited by statstarter

Janeway is the best. She takes risks that only Picard or Kirk could dream of. Even kirk said in Generations 'Risk is part of the game if you want to sit in that cahir.'

Picard defined "captain." Janeway was too mothery, which made having a female captain predictable. Kirk was...eh...a playboy. Sisko was too much of a family man.

I like my captains cool and aloof.

Picard defined "captain." Janeway was too mothery, which made having a female captain predictable. Kirk was...eh...a playboy. Sisko was too much of a family man.

I like my captains cool and aloof.

What about Archer?