who is the best captain?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. vote for the best captain

• Kirk
    • Picard
    • Janeway
    • Sisko
    • Archer

Picard hands down. He's the captain I grew up with him as the captain. Sisko would be a close second. Picard was a great character. Patrick Stewart is a great actor. Picard could handle the tough situations, he had the respect of the crew, he knew when to get close and when to be distant with his crew and he got how diplomacy and politics works.

I voted for Kirk. But (IMO) Archer is a close second.

Ditto for me

I voted for Kirk. But (IMO) Archer is a close second.

Same Here Gummy

I said Archer as a close second because he was the trailblazer. He led the way for all those who followed after him. I think that what the writers had in mind when they wrote the character. He was first, so they let him make mistakes. This made him a Human Hero, of sorts.

Picard hands down. He's the captain I grew up with him as the captain. Sisko would be a close second. Picard was a great character. Patrick Stewart is a great actor. Picard could handle the tough situations, he had the respect of the crew, he knew when to get close and when to be distant with his crew and he got how diplomacy and politics works.

I think that Picard is too cold, he is always distant from the crew and he seems to not care particularly about the feelings of other officials.

I had a school director who resembled a lot to him and he criticed always all I made. :blink:

If I had to serve under one of the officer's listed it would be Picard. He's a thinking commander, and rarely allows his emotions to run away with his common sense when dealing with a threat or some crisis. Sisko and Archer are both good choices as well. Kirk, in my opinion was often much too reckless. And Janeway was not a favorite character of mine. She came across to me too often as hypocritical, dressing down her subordinates for some perceived breach of conduct or protocol and then doing the exact same thing herself.

Picard, without a doubt. He was a philosopher-king, and for that I applaud him. His ethics were beyond reproach, and I like a man with strong ethics. :hug:

I did like Janeway, though. (With one bizarre exception: her unreasonable confinement of Paris to the brig in "Thirty Days".) I appreciated that she was usually able to be strong and decisive in her leadership position--without being too terribly removed from her crew on an interpersonal level. I do, however, wish that more had been made of this golden opportunity to explore gender issues.

Picard. Kirk would be second because of his devotion to his ship and his crew, but Picard had a more even keel about him.

Picard, without a doubt. He was a philosopher-king, and for that I applaud him. His ethics were beyond reproach, and I like a man with strong ethics. :)

Picard, for the reasons stated above, and also that Stewart is a great actor. Kirk would be next. And though she wasn't on the list, I really liked what I saw of Captain Rachel Garrett of Enterprise C.

*pops in and votes for Jean-Luc*

Best. Captain. Ever. Love the way he handles things. :)

Janeway and Kirk Tie for first, all the rest are very good. That's my thoughts right now, a few hundred reruns later I will probably have a different favorite

*pops in and votes for Jean-Luc*

Best. Captain. Ever. Love the way he handles things.

gee, wonder why...then again he was too busy flirting with crusher...hehe.

I hope that the new kirk will be great as the original one. In my opinion, if the original Spock can play in the next movie, also the original kirk should play too.

I don't think the 'story', (according to the rumors) will allow it Rose since Kirk died in Generations and Shat cannot play a 'young' Kirk.

Star Rose, I'm surprised you didn't say Data in command of the Sutherland. :)

I think Sisko was the best captain because he actually was real and made mistakes, and he punched out Q.

I don't think the 'story', (according to the rumors) will allow it Rose since Kirk died in Generations and Shat cannot play a 'young' Kirk.

Who's to say that Kirk and Spock reminicing about the past couldn't have happened before "Generations"?

Star Rose, I'm surprised you didn't say Data in command of the Sutherland. :)

I think Sisko was the best captain because he actually was real and made mistakes, and he punched out Q.

I voted Kirk because he was the best captain of all the series, the original one!

Data was not included in the possibilities of this poll, however, I think that Data has had too many problems with his emotional chip to be a great captain.

you are right, but also Brent Spiner played as the ancistor of the father of Data in ENT. Therefore, Shatner could play as a member of the family of Kirk. :eek: