Sign in to follow this  
ARMS

Why should we have eight hours' sleep?

I can't remember the last time I got 8 hours of sleep. I usually get about 5 hours.

Sleep deprivation is rampant in the US - apparently else where as well. I have read studies in the past where there is a link between hours of sleep and longevity - too much or too little is unhealthy.

If I'm lucky, I get about five hours a night. Most of the time, it's around four hours.

A good source of current information on what is known about need for sleep is the Division of Sleep of the Harvard School of Medicine.

http://sleep.med.harvard.edu/

According to Charles A. Czeisler, MD, Ph.D, of that Division, for example, some of what was formerly believed was based on biased studies, in which students were paid to participate and told researchers what they wanted to hear. But more controlled studies have shed new light on this. Another point is that young people can stay up late and make up for it by sleeping in the next day, whereas older people have trouble sleeping in after an all-nighter.

On a typical night I get about 4 hours sleep. I would like to get more, but it is really hard with all the sex I have.

I would think that all of that one-handed typing would put you to sleep in no time..... :P

Van Roy I'm sure I get more sex then you I'm a sex addict... You can ask Gary... We are always haveing sex and not at night... but when it is at night it goes ALL night muhahaha... Like I said I am a sex addict I love sex. I cant get enough of it... I cant get enough of my soon to be husband either... But on avrage I get about 2 hours a night if I'm lucky

I work midnights

get about mabe 4 to 5 a day

depending on the noise. :P

I get about 2-4 hours a week night, with sleeping tablets, usually none friday and saturday, 12 hours sunday morning.