Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Kids are so funny.

Tonight, I officially started my 7 year old niece (8 in a few months) on Star Trek.

We watched the first episode to be aired on TV, which was of course "The Man Trap". During the teaser before the opening credits, she said "These people have as good a imagination as me." I thought that was pretty funny. She of course picked up o the fac that Nancy wasn't exactly what she appeared to be and a said "is she tricking them?" She even said William Shatner's name when it came up,lol. When she read the title, she said "Yep, she's tricking them." All through the episode, she kept talking about how Nancy was up to something and that she was a witch,lol She even asked a question about Spock. She said "Are his eyebrows always up like that?" She even attempted to to do it herself. :elephant: The best part though had to be that every time she saw an exterior shot she would say 'Stop looking like a Cartoon on the outside!! And stop showing the same thing!" :clap:

When the Salt-creature finally revealed itself she said "That's what it really looks like!"

She's a very smart kid and understood the episode completely. She even said the creature would make itself look like McCoy just before it did! :elephant:

Tomorrow we watch "Charlie X".

Oh and before we watched the DVD , she watched the last Half of "Regeneration" on Sci-Fi with me.

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

Well, no Star Trek tonight. She was otherwise occupied.

Spongue Bob???.......... :clap:

Well, no Star Trek tonight. She was otherwise occupied.

Spongue Bob???.......... :clap:

Hey! I like Sponge Bob!SpongeBob2.gif

Edited by Gummy

Just got done with "Charlie X". When he beamed aboard, my niece said "Is he gonna trick them too?"

And man, she was cutting down Charlie the whole episode ! :dude:

Some of my favorites...

"You're a Dork!"

"You don't need to learn things, you could just use your magic!"

"He's a dummy!"

"He's weird!"

She seemed to enjoy the episode...though she still thinks the Enterprise stock footage looks like a Cartoon.

Cutting down Charlie does show her intelligence! :dude:

My questions are: Has she learned to do the Vulcan greeting yet, and the raised eyebrow look?

Cutting down Charlie does show her intelligence! B)

My questions are: Has she learned to do the Vulcan greeting yet, and the raised eyebrow look?

I was going to ask the exact same thing. :dude:

Actually, I was trying to teach the Hand greeting to her today. I told her to just do what I did to learn it. Just hold your fingers on a wall in the shape of the greeting for several minutes..and make sure they don't move :dude:

Today we watched "Where No Man has gone Before" and "The Naked Time"

She enjoyed them both. Said that WNMHGB didn't have enough clues to figure it out though,lol And no, she didn't notice the Uniform differences.

After lunch, my nephew joined us for TNT. They both loved it, thought it was really funny. Kept yelling at Mitchell to stop singing :blink: They really loved the bit with Sulu chasing people with a sword. :(

My kids are discovering TOS via the remastered episodes. They're falling in love with it as I did back in 1966.

Today we watched "Where No Man has gone Before" and "The Naked Time"

After lunch, my nephew joined us for TNT. They both loved it, thought it was really funny. Kept yelling at Mitchell to stop singing :assimilated: They really loved the bit with Sulu chasing people with a sword. :)

The Naked Time is a great episode, later revisited in TNG.

Not to nitpick, but I believe it was Riley, played by Bruce Hyde, who locked himself in engineering and sang the same song over and over! :hug:

Sulu was hysterical as the crazed swordsman - I have an autographed picture of him in (or would it be out of) uniform with the fencing sword.

The scenes with Chappel and Nimoy were sad and touching. Nice job by the cast.