Sign in to follow this  
Hansman

Experiance the starfleet life

Hello All,

I'm Commodore Bertus Hansman, Commanding Officer of Medical Base One. I'm here to tell you a bit more about this wonderfull simulation.

Some General information

Medical Base One is an PBeM. For those of you who are new to simming, PBeM stands for Play By Email. In a simulation like this you contribute to the plotline by writing an email post and send that to a yahoo forward group address. That way all the members of the simulation, simm for short, will get your post and can write a contribiation of their own.

Back to the situation at hand. Medical Base is a new PBeM witch is not yet launched. I'm waiting for enough crew, at least a crew of 7 to 10. That's the minimal amount of members you need to realy be able to have a Starbase RPG run. At least, that's my opinion.

Some info on the In Character information

Medical Base One is an standard Starbase. But she is modified to act as an Hospital base, and as Starfleet Medical's HQ in deep space.

Admiral George Parel choose Bertus Hansman to command this base because in his previous experaince he know that Bertus is, firstly, a great medical officer with a lot of experiance and a heart for his pati?nts. Secondly Bertus is a fine CO with years of experiance as XO on the USS Firebreather.

What kind of members am I looking for?

This is a question I can reply to in one work. Everyone! I'm not going to accept you because yu have 5 years of simming experiance or because you are white. I'm not going to decline your application because you are black or because you have no experiance at all. I believe that everyone who likes it should be given the chance to simm.

There are some qualeties that would be helpfull during your time on MB1. Imagination and Knowledge of Star Trek are allways helpfull. Som basic knowledge or ranks and life aboard a starship or starbase is helpful too.

Don't worry if you don't have these qualeties. When I started simming in 2003 I was qompletely new to it too. All I knew about Star Trek was wht I saw in the series. And now, 4 years late, I've got a history of simming on 8 seperate RPG's. On 2 of them I had a command position (XO or CO).

If you want more information about the simm just visit the website www.med-base-one.com or email me at bertushansman@med-base-one.com.

yours,

Bernhard Flokstra

AKA

Commodore Bertus Hansman

Commanding Officer

Medical Base One

Edited by Hansman

I just went to your site and applied...let's see what happens when you get a professional sci-fi/fantasy author in the mix :P

I recieved your application and I've replied. Thank you for joining.

I just went to your site and applied...let's see what happens when you get a professional sci-fi/fantasy author in the mix :blink:

I recieved your application and I've replied. Thank you for joining.

I've been on board for less than two weeks and already love it! For those that join, I run the executive officer character on MB1, who also serves as Fighter Wing Commander, Fleet Captain Alysa Anne Sinclair. Join up so you can see our posts and become part of one of the greatest stories ever told about a starfleet crew and their adventures in neutral space!