Sign in to follow this  
gul_nodrog

You want your DVD's early?

Look, you might pay a little more ($95), but if you pre-order these DVD sets through Amazon.com they seem to be shipping about 1-2 weeks ahead of the release date (at least thus far).

It's wonderful! Season 1 and Season 2 were delivered on my doorstep and we've been in seventh heaven. We're just finishing up season 1 and WOW. I had forgotten how truly awesome this show was from the very beginning. Except for a few clunker eps, the episodes have all been top-notch. There's not another ST series that can say that ... TNG took 2 whole seasons to get DS9's season 1 level!

That episode "Duet" we watched last night was so well-acted and scripted, it was just amazing that it was a season 1 show. Kira is already mellowing into the fantastic character she's going to become, Odo was way cool from the beginning, Sisko, Quark, just everybody on the show really clicking as a cohesive group.

I can't wait to start watching Season 2. Some of these shows I am seeing for the first time ... I guess when DS9 was on I didn't realize how poorly it was going to be treated by Paramount or I would have watched more diligently on its first run. TNG hasn't been off the air since it started, I just assumed DS9 would be the same. We haven't seen it on our local cable programming since it's 6th season.

I was also totally DS9-deprived until I got my Season 1 set. I have missed it desperately. I LOVE all the characters.

You didn't mention one of my favorite characters - Dr. Bashir. It was nice seeing him mellow from a gung-ho, fresh out of school medical officer to a competent, confident station doctor. He still remains one of my favorites from that show. I enjoy the interaction between him and Garak and also his infatuation with Jadzia and how she is just slightly amused at his attentions.

i havent got my dvds yet but i cant wait till i do. as soon as i found a station that was showing DS9 it was on at 200am and then we lost that channel a couple a weeks later anyway. and i agree he wasnt my favorite but i liked inuendo between BASHIR, and JADZIA DAX. (check spelling).

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER