Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Have Things Changed?

What episodes do you like now, that you didn't like when you originally watched it? On the other hand, what episodes did you used to like but don't like anymore?

For me, it is the TOS episode "The Devil in the Dark". I don't know why, but I didn't like the episode when I originally watched it, but now I consider it one of my favorite episodes. I guess it just took time for me to like the story, don't know :wow:

Honestly, the one episode I liked, but now I find tedious is The Trouble with Tribbles. To me, it's just a space filling episode, trying to get comedy. It's almost like Star Trek V

For me, it's the entire show of DS9. The first time I tried to watch it was when it first aired, but after watching it on Spike, I like it and actually understand it. I still haven't seen all of the episodes or even all of the seasons, but I love what I've seen.

Honestly, the one episode I liked, but now I find tedious is The Trouble with Tribbles. To me, it's just a space filling episode, trying to get comedy. It's almost like Star Trek V

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who thinks negative of the episode. It is good, but not as good as the others

Well, you're not alone with the estimation of Tribbles. I said much of the same thing on my official episode review, and that was just after one viewing.

I used to love the Wesley Crusher episodes, now I find myself wishing Worf would have just broken out the bat'leth.

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker

For me, it's the entire show of DS9. The first time I tried to watch it was when it first aired, but after watching it on Spike, I like it and actually understand it. I still haven't seen all of the episodes or even all of the seasons, but I love what I've seen.

I still haven't watched that series. Whenever I came in on it for an episode or two, it confused me. And Sisko irritated me. Eventually I will watch it, of course, and I may love it! Who knows?!

I've always liked the TOS Episodes for the most part, but the remastered versions have really made them better for me. I love good SFX. Which might explain why I like the Director's Cut of TMP better than the original.

I still haven't watched that series. Whenever I came in on it for an episode or two, it confused me. And Sisko irritated me. Eventually I will watch it, of course, and I may love it! Who knows?!

I really urge you to watch DS9, especially the later years. I think its the best Trek series except for TOS and I think Sisko is the best Captain in Trek, except for Kirk of course.

Definitely DS9 for me as well. The first time I watched it I kinda cut in on the middle, and I did not understand the plot at all, so I thought it was pretty dumb. But later, I watched the series all the way through, every episode, and it's definitely my fave now (even with Avery Brooks' insane overacting). BTW Vulcan_lover, I <3 your sig!!

i watched it from the beginning to the end in one weekend. to me it was not only an stepping stone for TNG fans to enjoy, but it gave yo a better understand what was the prophets, the wormhole, the orbs, and why sisko was chosen in the first place.

The first time I saw "Caretaker" I thought it was a bad omen for Voyager. But now, I can see how it set the tone for the whole series. I'm especially glad they introduced "The Doctor."

I didn't used to like the TOS episodes where Kirk and company would arrive at a planet and destroy some "god"-like idol to free the poor stupid savages. That always seemed to much like what the Catholic missionaries did to the native peoples of Polynesia and the America's to me. And I used to just grind my teeth, and think "Who the heck do these jerks from Earth think they are? And what about the Prime Directive?"

Now, I just let it pass, since I found out those episodes were basically Gene trying to make some point about "religion bad, my forcing my opinion on you good" :hug:

So I enjoy TOS more today.