Sign in to follow this  
poguemahone

[S] "The Crossing" 2.April

I posted this a bit early because this is the first new episode since the creation of this board, and a demonstration of the when discussing new ENT episodes. Also to get some thoughts going in. here's ST.com's episode page.

So any thoughts?

I will check it out tonight. I have no comments right now. But, after I see the episode, I will have something to say about it. :wow:I'll be back.

I'm not used to being home this early! I completely forgot to turn it on and now it's been on 30 minutes! &^@#!*& Oh well, I'll download it when it's over anyway lol

WOW!!! Good old skool Trek. Trip and Reed did well when they were over taken by the "wisp's". Didn't like the way Archer decided to stay for Malcolm saw that coming a mile away(writing wise). Hoshi got knocked around abit by Archer then the cat fight between her and Phlox (does Pholx remind you of Dr. Zoidberg from futurama, or is it just me). How many times have they reused that Catwalk? The part with the six switches reminds me of Jurassic Park, with the fences. Travis his clock cleaned by Trip. Alot of Action, not boring at all. No one dies, though. Sorry all the above was typed through out the episode as random thoughts i had, but all an all out of 10 i give it a nine :wow: So, what did you think?

Hi, I'm back. Phlox does not remind me of Futurama. Those Wisp characters do remind me of the criminals that took over Deana, O'brien and Data in the TNG episode. Anyhoo, it was not a bad episode but I will not put it on my list favorites. I am really looking forward to episode when they encounter the Borg.

Those Wisp characters do remind me of the criminals that took over Deana, O'brien and Data in the TNG episode.

Yeah, you're right i forgot about those guys :wow:

Ah..and with the return of new episodes, I shall return to posting. Great episode BTW...they had some great cinematography going on. And Phlox got to see some action! While this episode is reminiscent of "Singularity", it had a interesting ending. Archer has had to make some pretty tough command decisions this season.

I liked it, and it was about time we saw a new one.

You are right about the wisps looking like the ones in TNG, Data.

I loved the part were the big ship "eats" the Enterprise. That got a 'wow' out of me.

Trip and Malcolm gave me the bloody creeps. They do shine. Gosh, Reed is a sinister little nazi when everything is stripped away. That wisp had rape on his mind. Trip's seemed friendly at first, but wow..... :wow: I loved how Archer went into protective big brother mode over Trip. He didn't want to "understand" the aliens. Wow, blowing up their ship was very "un Picard." Hello....earlier era. :wow:

Overall, I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Not great, but good. The ending was a bit abrupt. UPN's extra add time really hurts ENT, I think. Billingsely, Keating, and Trinneer were the best. I love those three actors.

:wow: Great episode! I love the theory about the wisps being the same as in TNG (what was the title of that onedunno.gif) Also, the Calamarian<(SP) could be suspect’s.

When that maw opened to suck the ship in my mind raced with memories of TOS The Doomsday Machine, I know the two stories are not related but I like it when any Trek reminds me of the OS and especially if it happens on ENT. What else can I say, this one had a little bit of everything good about Trek I loved it!

The name of the TNG episode, with the criminals who took over Deana, O'Brien a was "Power Play". It was in ithe fifth season.

I think they looked more like the Calamarain from Deja Q. If they could evolve from corporeal beings then it is feasible that between the times of Enterprise and TNG that they were able to adapt to living in space.

LCalamarain.jpg

Forgot to say that I just watched the episode and it was great. I have been watching Enterprise more and more. Hopefully they are starting to hit their stride now too. Hopefully the ratings will improve too.

Guest Ktrek

I'm sorry to say that I didn't really like this alien possession story all that much. On a scale of 1 to 10 it would get a 6 in my book. On TNG there were two similiar episodes. One was called "Lonely Among Us" and the other was "Power Play". Rehashing story plots that have done before shouldn't really be done unless you can improve upon them and make them more interesting and I think B&B failed in that regard. I did like Phlox's role in this episode and without him it would have been a real dud. Looking at the episode plots for the rest of the season it looks like we could see some of the best ENT shows yet! Let's keep our fingers crossed! :wow:

Ktrek

I think they looked more like the Calamarain from Deja Q.  If they could evolve from corporeal beings then it is feasible that between the times of Enterprise and TNG that they were able to adapt to living in space.

LCalamarain.jpg

Forgot to say that I just watched the episode and it was great.  I have been watching Enterprise more and more.  Hopefully they are starting to hit their stride now too.  Hopefully the ratings will improve too.

:wow: Yeah, those guys too. :wow:

This is my first post here; so I'm still getting used to the format....

I liked this episode - but it did raise some questions for me. First the fact that Trip left his body while the wisp took over implies that humans are dual natured; ie we're both a body and a wisp. I wonder if they wanted to imply that. In other types of takeovers the "person" is just buried somewhere inside.

Second I don't follow that being an energy form necessarily means you can transcend space and time like Trip's wisp did. If they can do that why did they need a ship?

But I liked seeing more of the crew having actual parts.

i thought it was a great episode. it had everything. the wisps had great cgi. also, phlox had alot of action. he rock. he was even smiling all the way. lol. the ship eating enterprise reminded me of two James Bond movies: You Only Live Twice (where a terrorist space-craft keeps 'eating' american and soviet space-shuttles) and The Spy Who Loved Me (where a giant oil tanker 'eats' american and soviet submarines). wow. i just realized how close those two movies are. what a jip. lol. but, Bond rocks!

I thought it was a good episode, very interesting indeed. I would have liked to see the aliens be true explorers and what they presented themselves as, that storyline interested me, rather I guess I should say the storyline that I thought it was at first.

But over all I am satisfied with the episode.

I thought it was a good episode, very interesting indeed. I would have liked to see the aliens be true explorers and what they presented themselves as, that storyline interested me, rather I guess I should say the storyline that I thought it was at first.

But over all I am satisfied with the episode.

I agree, I wish the whisps would have been true explorers also. Whenever the Aliens say to Archer that he calls himself an explorer but he was refusing to recognize that there was a new life in front of him or whatever it was that they said, I think it would have been a great chance for Archer to learn a valuble lesson about himself. I was very disapointed in the end when we found out that Archer was right all along and they were just trying to take them over. I wish Archer was more deplomatic and not so fast to jump the gun on everything. This I believe is a major flaw in his character and I think the writers could do something really good with it but insted they just make him right all the time! Since he's niether as smart as Picard nor as sly as Kirk I would like to see him be wrong more often.

A really good episode indeed, not a dull moment, though the catwalk has been used a bit to much..

A thought.. if these aliens were so advanced, why could the Enterprise easily leave and then totally destroy it with only some torpedos..? seemed a bit to easy, not like star trek is supposed to be :) Otherwise a great episode.