Sign in to follow this  
armada

for shame

Should the Smilie be removed?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Smilie be removed?

• [img]http://www.startrekfans.net/html//emoticons/star-wars.gif[/img]No, it's a cool Smilie
    • Yes, This is Star Trek!
    • Just move it to the "Show All" section
    • I don't care

Did i actually see two smiley heads batteling with light sabers!?!?! on this dedicated and brilliantly put together Star Trek site!?!?! Tell me it aint so~~~

I in no way mean to be rude, but as a life long , serious, and very happy Star Trek fan and follower..( like most of us here i assume ), is it right to have this?

I know of many Star Trek colleagues of all age groups that would find this quite surreal and inappropriate behaviour to have such an icon, and totally unbefitting of Star Fleet command personnel.

It is my recommendation to the higher echelons of this Star Fleet Command, in view of how professional and well done this site is, and in the best interests of the future of the " Star Trek " federation and not the " Star Wars " federation, that this icon be dismissed from active duty from this Star Base effective immediately.

Make it so~~~

armada out~~~

Well, Sir, i will have to bow to the decisions made by my superior officers, especailly the Federation Vice president..( even more surprised am I ), but under objections.

But it's a pity really...great site, great graphics all in honour of the Star Trek legend and Star Trek Universe and to have the single most well known and recognisable Star Wars motife on such a site is an unfortunate command decision and is an obvious point of reference to a Star Universe so completely and utterly opposite from that which we all love so much. It doesn't actually bode well in the sence that the real Star Trek fans will be as surprised as I am to see it on this particular site.

You may choose to view this as a direct form of insubordination but i must firmly stand by my convictions. I am, in actuality, a little dissapointed to see it here. All imo only and meant in good taste.

Whats anyone else think?

make it so~~~

armada out~~~

I'm cool with it. I believe Star Trek and Star Wars can exist in the same Universe. We have a Stargate thread, too.

B):force:

ok Captain Indy~~~

Thanks for input. The collective inout of the fleet makes us stronger.

It was always my porsonnal understanding that each of three " universes " you mentioned are, by default and via their very natures, in sence of history and continuity, completely different universes and not to be inter-mingled nor in any way compared.

Long live the Star Trek Universe..:-)

make it so~~~

armada out~~~

~~~ a vice president, a captain and a commander~~~

Maybe Star Fleet HQ has indeed been successfully infiltrated by the enemy...lol

It's not that it isnt nice 'n fun..i'm sure it is.

It's that it doesn't have a proper place in the Star Trek Universe.

Hey, SF security just came to my door and i have been asked to desist...:-)

ahead warp 9~~~

make it so~~~

armada out~~~

ok Captain  Indy~~~

Thanks for input. The collective inout of the fleet makes us stronger.

It was always my porsonnal understanding that each of three " universes " you mentioned are, by default and via their very natures, in sence of history and continuity, completely different universes and not to be inter-mingled nor in any way compared.

Long live the Star Trek Universe..:-)

make it so~~~

armada out~~~

B) Well, like I said, I have no problem with it. Even if you live in one Universe, it's ok to acknowledge the existence of another one. Beside, inter-minglement can be fun. :(

I see no problem with it. Heck I have a category for Star Wars Forums on my own board that co-exist with the Star Trek Forums and it works fine. B)

Hey, why not?

I don't recall smilies at all being mentioned in any Star Trek series... B) ! Maybe phasers would be more appropriate, but I rather like the cut little fuzzballs cutting each other up with lightsabers.

And I don't seem to recall :( as being all THAT Trekkish.

It just seems to me that most star trek fans like star wars as well. That might not be so with everybody but you can say that star wars is star trek in a way as ILM has done most of the sfx for the movies. Just a thought. B) :(

Stardate:213622.9

I like this smilie :bow: .Although in most instances i belive the Star trek and Star Wars universes should be kept sepererate,i think its cool here that on this board we have all three universes(star trek,star wars,stargate)coexisting with each other. And besides isnt the Federations goal to achieve peace with other cultures?

...It was always my porsonnal understanding that each of three " universes " you mentioned are, ... completely different universes ...

Of course they are...I just flip the switch to alternate reality hyper drive and visit which ever I wish. Doesn't your ship have such a switch?

Oh, I have no problems with it at all...it is amusing actually...

hmmm, I am not a star wars fan in particular...my little brother is.

I think we can have both really :bow: :)

Leave the star wars smilie.I hate this whole star trek vs star wars thing.Its stupid.I like both.Whats next?Maybe someone will object to the batman smilie,or the ninja turtle.Lets not forget the american flag smilie(does the US still exist in Trek ?).I'm being sarcastic,but really,do not remove any of the smilies.None of them are objectionable.

Hey, why not?

I don't recall smilies at all being mentioned in any Star Trek series...  :bow: ! Maybe phasers would be more appropriate, but I rather like the cut little fuzzballs cutting each other up with lightsabers.

And I don't seem to recall  :) as being all THAT Trekkish.

Here's the only phaser-type smilie I've been able find if anyone wants to use it.

lazergun.gif

Takara, Everytime I Look At This Thread, Your Smilie Is Replaced With The White Box With The Red X In The Middle, followed by "user posted image"

Is It Just My Browser, Or Is The Image Messed Up?

I love this smilie! :bow: I love Star Trek and Star Wars equally. I'd be very dissapointed if the smilie were removed. IDIC

I don't understand why this would be a problem. after all. IDIC! :)

STAR WARS is just another combination.

i don't see why it is even an issue. :bow:

:bow: :) :bow: :) :lol: :) :bow::bow:

I'm sorry, when this smiley was put on I fell in love with it instantly!!!! I love SW as much, or a little more than ST, only because of Harrison Ford. :bow::bow: The original three not the newest ones, ewww, although they're okay, they're not my favorites. ST will always have a place in my heart because it was first.

MHO.

Katy :bow:

If you ask me, you're making much ado about nothing. I mean, where is it written that Star Trek fans must hate Star Wars and vice versa? I am a Trek fan through and through, but I did enjoy the first three Star Wars movies as well, and I don't feel like a "traitor" at all.

What? You don't think they've watched Star Wars during Movie Night on Enterprise? I'll bet it's one of Trip's favorite movies.

Plus, heading into the expanse, they're gonna need all the help from the force they can get.

:bow:

What?  You don't think they've watched Star Wars during Movie Night on Enterprise?  I'll bet it's one of Trip's favorite movies.

Plus, heading into the expanse, they're gonna need all the help from the force they can get.

:bow:

I've Been Hoping For An Episode Where They Watch It :)

From the wording of your second post, Armada, it sounds as if we can't be "real" Trek fans if we like SW. Or, God forbid, if we like that smilie. I admit, I was a little surprised the first time I saw it, but not offended at all. I think it's hilarious.

As to watching SW on "Enterprise," I think I'd tune it just to see that scene! Or even one of the other great sci-fi predecessors...