Sign in to follow this  
Guest Garzo

Spock, Sela & Shinzon

Guest Garzo

Now that I'm catching up on my future history, I gotta ask, what the hell's going on on Romulus these days? Whatever happened to Commander Sela? Was it ever explained? Did I miss a TNG episode somewhere? And what about Spock? Is he still on Romulus trying to convince dissidents to support unification with Vulcan? And then there's the whole Shinzon mess. I still haven't seen Nemesis, but I gather Romulus was left in quite a state at the end of the film. Seems to me this would be the perfect time for Spock to make his move and become the first elected Chancellor of Romulus and unify the empire with Vulcan. Has anyone mentioned this yet? Or did I miss a TNG episode which Spock died or fell into a Nexus or something? Maybe Leonard can still salvage the movie franchise and come back in Star Trek XI - The Fall of the Neutral Zone. Or did that happen at the end of Nemesis?

Nope, you didn't miss anything. A lot of fans have been complaining about this (maybe they can make up for it in the next movie, hint hint!!)

John Logan had wanted to use Sela but as the story moved more towards the Remans he wasn't able to work her into the story. As for Spock, that will be but a dream I guess now that Leonard Nimoy has retired from acting. At the end of Nemesis Riker was leaving to lead a task force to discuss peace.

And he could meet up witj spock. Then they have to come to the enterprise with major news (or at least join with the enterprise). Sela is making trouble and leads the romulans who still don't want piece. They solve everything and then use one fo our many ideas to bring Data back and everyone's happy. the end. (come on, anything!)

Now that I'm catching up on my future history, I gotta ask, what the hell's going on on Romulus these days? Whatever happened to Commander Sela? Was it ever explained? Did I miss a TNG episode somewhere? And what about Spock? Is he still on Romulus trying to convince dissidents to support unification with Vulcan? And then there's the whole Shinzon mess. Has anyone mentioned this yet? Or did I miss a TNG episode which Spock died or fell into a Nexus or something? Maybe Leonard can still salvage the movie franchise and come back in Star Trek XI - The Fall of the Neutral Zone. Or did that happen at the end of Nemesis?

Although not considered canon, the answers to these questions will in all likelihood eventually be found in novels. For me, this has always been the best thing about Trek novels; they OFTEN tie up loose ends left lying around.

That is quite true. I know there were times when my head gets corrupted with stuff i have read in the novels and this facts there seem so CORRECT

that i forget they are not canon.

That's right Lessa, if it were not for novels there would be Hugh gaps of Trek history in my mind. If something does come along which contradicts canon, I chose which version works best for me and that becomes my official canon version (hey, it's more personal that way :wow:.)

Unless I am really desperate for Trek reading I try to stick to only reading HARDCOVERS. Seems to me Paramount must think rather highly of those stories to be chosen as hard covers in the first place so even less chance of future contradictions to occur than with paperbacks.

And it would be a great way to end the series - making peice with a nw race.

I think it would be a great way to end the series. However if might need to be set several years in the future, but it would be great to see spocks dream come true.

Reading books always confuses me - I hear and see everything in my mind, so I keep on seeing things on TV and thinking "That never happened" or "But what about that episode..." , and it takes me forever to reaslize that there WAS no episode. (on the plus side, I get to see and hear Data in my head)

It may be confusing, but they are such goooood brain candy!

I brough the second book in the Kahn series to read will i am away from home...hope it is as great as the first and it rocked!