Sign in to follow this  
Validus

The Original Series

I think so. Next Generation had too little conflict. DS9 had too much conflict and stole shamelessly from Babylon-5. Voyager was usually boring, except for 7's tight outfits. Enterprise proved (as is always the case) that prequels are always a waste of time.

The original crew had it all...dynamism, charisma, humor, wit, and more then a little intelligence.

TNG and DS9 are my faves, but TOS is very, very close. I love the increased number of races in both TNG and DS9 and the arc of stories in TNG but especially DS9, plus the character development over 7 years. However, neither of these series would exist without TOS, so it is crucial and beloved by me. The stories, many by top science fiction writers, are wonderful, and they had many excellent guest star performances. As stated above the humor, wit and dynamism were impressive.

I've been a Trek Fan since TOD first aired back in the 60's.

They say that you always love your first car the best. And that your first girlfriend is always the most memorable. To me, TOS is my first love.

I have to go with TNG. As I'm watching TOS, I find a lot of the same recycled storylines and solutions within the series, plus a lot of silly-looking machismo. Plus, a lot of it is just too predictable, insulting to the audience's intellect at times.

Original Star Trek by a mile, followed by TNG and then Enterprise. I'm not all that keen on DS9 (too much conflict and silly humour) and Voyager (too bland for me).

I never cared for a starship named for a mini-van.

But Seven's outfits were spectacular!

jeriryan.jpg