Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Where did everyone go?

I've noticed a lot of new people lately but it seems like some of the older members have disappeared. Maybe there's just too many people to keep up with and some don't post as often as others.

Has anyone heard from Sarah, Lollypop, Cassidy, something like NextGen220 - she changed it, shinzonfan and others I've forgotten to list?

I haven't seen Cassidy for a little while and I think TNGTrekker220 is at camp? Some of the others have said they'd be away as well. With summer ending I expect to see a lot of people returning soon. I'll e-mail some of them as we get closer to ENT Season 3.

I think she changed her name to Trekkergirl220, and she is away at camp. I think she'll be back next week.

It's summertime - a lot of folks take time off to go camping or on vacation or whatnot. Wait until Fall and then wintertime, everyone will see more posters on a lot of forums world-wide because then it's more fun to stay indoors instead of freezing in the winter. B)

I think she changed her name to Trekkergirl220, and she is away at camp.  I think she'll be back next week.

Wow Indy, I just noticed your Trivia rank! B)

It's summertime - a lot of folks take time off to go camping or on vacation or whatnot. Wait until Fall and then wintertime, everyone will see more posters on a lot of forums world-wide because then it's more fun to stay indoors instead of freezing in the winter. B)

Exactly, and I think we have a lot to look forward to in Enterprise this fall. I just wish DS9 were still being made. I miss the anticipation of a new season.

B) I believe the whole mod staff at my board are on vacation.. :(

I come and go... B)

Stardate:213619.9

Yeah most of them are.Myself included.Im in Boston right now.Luckily my Uncle had a computer so im still able to post.Weird though we didnt have any power outage today??I wonder why.

For a lot of people, myself included, this is just a hectic time of year. I'm so ready for winter! bedlam.gif

Yeah I've noticed Indy's trivia rank as well. I must say that I AM JEALOUS! Those ppl who've been here from nearly the beggining have a huge advantage on the trivia. But thats fine, it just for fun. STILL JEALOUS THOUGH!

Yeah I've noticed Indy's trivia rank as well.  I must say that I AM JEALOUS!  Those ppl who've been here from nearly the beggining have a huge advantage on the trivia.  But thats fine, it just for fun.  STILL JEALOUS THOUGH!

We will just have to work hard and catch up and enjoy it. I hope to see all these ppl when they return from vacation.

Wow Indy, I just noticed your Trivia rank!  B)

Thanks for noticing, everybody. Trivia is a lot of fun, especially the chatroom trivia that master_q does every other Saturday. I hope a lot more people can join in when everybody gets back from vacation!

For a lot of people, myself included, this is just a hectic time of year. I'm so ready for winter! bedlam.gif

Same for me for the past two weeks I've been trying to get evrything ready to have my new house built, but I've been trying to post as much as I can when I am at work or when I am not out looking at land for the house. I really can't wait to get everything done.

I've noticed a lot of new people lately but it seems like some of the older members have disappeared.  Maybe there's just too many people to keep up with and some don't post as often as others.

Has anyone heard from Sarah, Lollypop, Cassidy, something like NextGen220 - she changed it, shinzonfan and others I've forgotten to list?

I know I'm not really one of the older members yet :( But, I too have notice that I've missed seeing post from certain members.........Also speaking of members, I was looking in our member roster and noted we have a great many members. But some have never posted. And some have not posted in a very long time(months). How long can you remain a member without posting? B)

I have been around, not much lately though... for main reason is that I have spent a good deal of time at the hospital(my Physical therapy two days aweek, Dr.'s Appointments, soon I go to a neurologist to figure out how much nerve damage was done to my arm). Also, I have joined and been posting a lot at three other boards. One is actually devoted to Pokemon(no laughing, people B) ), the other two have nothing really to do with Trek at all. I have several big projects that I am working on. Helping my brother with his schoolwork(He's a Senior this year). Hanging out with my little sister(due to her injury she is unable to work..she has what is called RSD-reflex sympathetic dystrophy, a condition I am beginning to battle myself.), so she comes over to the house...I try to keep her spirits up. Chatting with my friends.....been very very busy lately/

Well, I am one of the "new" members, and I visit the board every day (sometimes two times a day) and I don't go on holidays. I am here, just for StarTrekFans.net B) :(

Mrs. Captain Picard

I've noticed a lot of new people lately but it seems like some of the older members have disappeared.  Maybe there's just too many people to keep up with and some don't post as often as others.

I know I'm not really one of the older members yet :( But, I too have notice that I've missed seeing post from certain members.........Also speaking of members, I was looking in our member roster and noted we have a great many members. But some have never posted. And some have not posted in a very long time(months). How long can you remain a member without posting? B)

There's no requirement to post, a lot of people enjoy reading the information yet don't wish to add to the discussion themselves. So far for the month of August we are averaging 667 seperate visits to the site per day (by seperate visits I mean from different IP addresses), for the full month of July it was 1089 per day. Obviously not all of them post nor do they register but they are reading what has been posted by other members.

I could deactivate a membership after X number of days if they don't post but I don't want to do that, someone may join and post a few times then forget about us till 2 months later. If that happens then their account will still be here waiting for them.

:) I believe the whole mod staff at my board are on vacation.. :bow:

I come and go... :bow:

Sorry about that :)

reason 1) It's summer, people go on vacation and camps

reason 2) at least for me it's been insane. All the bad stuff like deaths seems to happen in a short period of time before you can cope with it. For example: While I was away at camp I found out my grandfather died :lol:.

I've been adapting to my new 4X10 work schedule and helping my friends move on my days off. I'm getting used to the schedule now and my friends are getting settled in to their gorgeous new home. You should be hearing from me a bit more regularly now!