Sign in to follow this  
Vic

New Star Trek Comic From IDW Arrives

IDW to Publish New Star Trek Comics

post-2-1169512117.jpg

Star Trek comics return to the shelves this week as new licensee IDW Publishing launches the first issue of a five-part Star Trek: The Next Generation series.

IDW Publishing, now the source for all-new Star Trek comic book adventures, have big plans for the franchise, some of which we will see unfold over the next few months. The first Star Trek miniseries, debuting this week, is in conjunction with the 20th anniversary of Star Trek: The Next Generation. "The Space Between" sees Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the Enterprise NCC-1701-D return with an all-new adventure that spans the TNG timeline. The six-issue miniseries begins by setting the scene during the first year of their mission. At the helm of this first venture is writer David Tischman ("Bite Club"), who is joined by artist Casey Maloney ("Children of the Grave"). Artists Dennis Calero (X-Factor) and Zach Howard ("Shaun of the Dead") will provide 50/50 covers for the first issue.

"I couldn't be happier to be shepherding Star Trek comics in the 21st century," said IDW's Publisher/Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryall. "Not only is this one of the most storied franchises in all of entertainment, but its history in comics is a long one, too. And yet, despite the abundance of different Star Trek comics that have come along in the past, we've hit on some unique ways to bring new vibrancy and creativity to the line. I look forward to building on the legacy that stretches back to the Gold Key comics I read as a kid and moving the franchise forward into the future. Well, further into the future, that is. Can't wait to let the fans know more of what we have in mind."

"As a life-long fan of Star Trek I am absolutely thrilled to be at the helm of IDW Publishing's new Star Trek line of comic books," says Editor Dan Taylor. "For over four decades, Star Trek has soared as a prominent fixture of pop culture in television, cinema, literature, and in comic books — a perfect medium for a property so rich in concept and imagination."

Star Trek: The Next Generation "The Space Between" (Issue #1 of 6) is set to hit stores Wednesday, January 17, 2007.

Enter our Giveaway for your chance to win a copy of IDW's new TMG adventure, "The Space Between"!

Is anybody reading these? The TNG ones were a bit lame but the TOS ones that just came our are great. Its called Star Trek: Year 4. The comic series starts at the moment "Turnabout Intruder" ends. Its very well written and I would recommend them. The other ones they have focus on TOS aliens. They already have a Gorn issue out and several Klingon issues out. The Klingon issues deal with the destruction of Praxis and the debate on asking the Federation for help.