Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Takara_Soong

Official Star Trek Convention 2007 - Las Vegas, NV

ZZZZZZ. Still trying to catch up on sleep.

Had loads of fun with Trekz and SpaceTigger.

Con was good but not as exciting as last year (prob. b/c I knew what to expect). 5 days next year....oy!

Wil Wheaton was hilarious. Totally deconstructed the ep: "Justice" in hysterical and profane ways. They put him in this small room (not main con room) at 6:45pm after the rest of the day was over. The rumor is they were ticked at him b/c he won't do photo ops so they shoved him over to the side.

Terry Farrell looked gorgeous. She said she'd gained some weight. What!?!? Is a homemaker raising a kid. Admitted she never has to work again after DS9 and Becker . Also, said she left b/c of the $. Nice to hear the truth! Said it had nothing to do w/creative differences. Also told us she's 6' tall.

Gates McFadden was fun. Told us why she left. Not for $ but b/c she felt Wesley should come to her for mentoring not to male characters. One writer or producer (she didn't say who) disagreed. She said, "It's him or me." TPTB chose him. The next year, they changed their mind and said, "Gates, we choose you."

Kate M. flew in and out pretty quickly as she's in a new play. Here's the URL if anyone is interested:

http://www.signaturetheatre.org/onstage.htm

It was definitely fun talking with SpaceTigger and Athena!

The five days may be too much for me. I was exhausted after 4 days. Athena perfectly describes Wil Wheaton's performance . He was hysterically funny. Talked to somoe Australian ladies who have been coming for years and they said they've never had Wil in the main room - that's wrong imo!

Terry Farrell was gorgeous and so was Nicole De Boer. Gates M was fun. As was Kate.

Walter K., Nichols, and George T. each had their own time which seemed to work better than last year when they appeared together on stage. Walter actually could talk about what he wanted to!

Enjoyed talking to autograph room people, who were in dealers room this year. More later!

Did you, Tigger and Athena spend time together or just meet to say hi?

We did spend some time together chatting between some programs. I was in a different seating section from them, so we were separated by a section or two and about 6 rows. I ran into both in the dealers room. SpaceTigger and I sat at the same table for the desert party and entertainment on Saturday. Because of glitches in my arrival plans I didn't get to meet Athena as planned on Wednesday night, and because of long autograph lines, we missed having dinner on Sunday night before she left for the airport. But we did enjoy the time we spent together. It was one of the highlights of the convention imo.

Did you, Tigger and Athena spend time together or just meet to say hi?

We did spend some time together chatting between some programs. I was in a different seating section from them, so we were separated by a section or two and about 6 rows. I ran into both in the dealers room. SpaceTigger and I sat at the same table for the desert party and entertainment on Saturday. Because of glitches in my arrival plans I didn't get to meet Athena as planned on Wednesday night, and because of long autograph lines, we missed having dinner on Sunday night before she left for the airport. But we did enjoy the time we spent together. It was one of the highlights of the convention imo.

ST and I buy our tickets together so we sit next to each other. We're pretty into it. We're there when the con starts each morning and don't really leave each night (except for a quick lunch) till it ends around 6. Sometimes we split up (I go to the secondary room to watch the auctions and other speakers).

Trekz and his wife came to NYC in May & we went out to dinner so, of course, I was so glad to see them again. We went to the Bingo game together Thursday night (good time with them but the Bingo was bad this year. Much better last year) and had dinner but the last night there just wasn't enough time to eat together again. It was a lot of fun.

Had a great time again this year. Saturday night concert and desert party afterwards, Friday night party in Quarks and the costume contest were all excellent I thought..And of course all the great stars on stage were fantastic..I'm already thinking about next year..I think I need to come up with some kind of a costume or uniform for next year..Hmmm, I'd like to combine a tigger outfit and a starfleet uniform somehow.. :roflmao:

Glad you all had a great time.

Your stories and pics are great.

maybe next year.

Nope, sorry, no sound.

It says so on the YouTube clip but maybe I should make it bigger.

It's just a small digital camera so I grab some video when I can. Figured it's better than nothing. :roflmao:

Great Pics! Thanks for sharing! Its nice to see Catherine Hicks there. Hopefully, now that "7th Heaven" is finished, she can do more cons. I'd love to see her. I guess she told the story of how she used to tease Stephen Collins about how her "Trek" did so much better than his... :laugh:

Yes, those are great photos Athena. I think my camera only produced 1 or 2 presentable shots from inside the

Convention Hall. I need a better camera for next year. See Ya there!

Nice pics, Athena! We haven't developed any of ours yet. (Still in London, getting ready to go to York then home)

I didn't think those were very good pics but I'm glad you enjoyed them & am glad you got to see some of what went on. :elephant: I definitely need a better camera.

BTW, Kor, I had a couple of stories about Catherine Hicks I forgot to write. She discussed how she 'felt' around for the Klingon ship that was cloaked in the park...she said it helped she took Mime 101 in school.

Also, she told a cute story about the transporter. She asked Shatner and Nimoy (before they filmed the scene where she was transported aboard) -- in all seriousness -- what it felt like to be transported? They kind of looked at her a bit strangely and answered her -- also in all seriousness -- it tingles!

And, yes, she told the story about how she told Stephen Collins her Trek was better.

Headborg, you're coming again? :laugh:

Hope you're having fun abroad, Trekz.

Old news I know..But while I'm here I thought I would post pics that were taken at Vegas 2007..

004C.jpg

005A.jpg

007A.jpg

019.jpg

003.jpg

021.jpg

025.jpg

001B.png

Looks like I won't be able to go next year..And I will certainly miss it..

Excellent pictures, Tigger! Thanks for sharing them! Sorry to hear you're not going to Vegas this year. :huh: As Cub fans always say in Chicago, wait til next year. :(

Yeah, there's always next year..Star Trek conventions will never end.. :huh:

May Star Trek conventions live long and prosper! :(

Wait...they're already prospering. :lol: