Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which Movie In The Series Is Your Favorite?

• Friday the 13th
    • Friday the 13th Part 2
    • Friday the 13th Part 3
    • Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
    • Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
    • Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
    • Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
    • Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
    • Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
    • Jason X
    • Freddy vs. Jason

For many years, I have been a fan of this movie series. Many times, when I was younger, it gave me nightmares! So, this is the official topic for those who want to talk about this series to do so. As for my favorite movie, my favorite Friday the 13th movie of all time has to be Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood. In my opinion, this is the movie that had the scariest Jason out of them all. When his mask was ripped off, it was a sight to see!

ajasonov2.jpg

I watched the first 3 Friday the 13th movies in the theater when they came out but got kind of bored with them afterwards. Same plot every movie.

My top three favorites are as follows:

My personal fave (and top drunken fun choice)- F13 part 7 (The New Blood). It's like the original vs. movie...Carrie vs. Jason. :laugh:

My top great plot choice- F13 part 4 (The Final Chapter). It has great characters (for a slasher flick), a pre-pubescent Corey Feldman, and the best juggs in the series, courtesy of the chick who played Hilly in Weird Science...you can't go wrong here!

My ultimate Friday experience in horror choice- The original Friday the 13th. Betsy Palmer OWNED in the role of Pamela Voorhees, putting out a totally terrifying ride for the viewer. A must-see in the annals of cinema horror.

I love the series because it still has the ability to scare me. I watch these movies now and I still get that creepy feeling. I guess it has to do with living in the woods.

I also like Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. I think it is an under-appreciated movie, mainly due to the false title since 3/4 of the movie is on a cruise ship. I don't like to blame the movie for not being set mostly in New York, since that had to do with budget problems and such. Maybe it should have been titled Friday the 13th: Love Boat, but I still like the movie overall.

It had two great scenes in the film I'd call classic moments in the franchise. The first is at the beginning when Jason attacks the two teens on a private boat floating on Crystal Lake. My favorite part is after the guy is killed, the teen girl tries to hide so Jason won't find her. Where she hides is in some kind of cubby hole or something under the deck (I'm not a boating guy so I don't know technical names of what those things are). Anyway, Jason finds her and since she is trapped and can't move, all she can does is plead, scream and wait for death. It's creepy, the idea that there is nothing you can do but wait to die since you can't move.

My second favorite scene from the movie is when Julius the boxer tries to punch Jason off the roof of the building. Great scene that is funny :clap: