Sign in to follow this  
Vic

'Of Gods and Men' Delayed Until April

Fan film with numerous Star Trek alumni involved needs more visual effects work; Alan Ruck talks Harriman's role.

By Michelle

January 9, 2007 - 9:44 PM

Star Trek: Of Gods and Men, the highly anticipated web film directed by Tim Russ (Tuvok) and starring Nichelle Nichols (Uhura), Walter Koenig (Chekov) and several other professional Star Trek actors, has been delayed until April in order to complete the film's visual effects.

TrekMovie.com broke the news that Of Gods and Men, initially scheduled for a December release, will be postponed so that all three parts could be released fairly close together. The first part is reportedly finished but the the latter two need additional visual effects work.

The Of Gods and Men official web site notes that when a trailer was shown at a Seattle convention, it was with the expectation that the film would be released for download in December. "We decided to delay the release to give our post-production and effects teams time to enhance some of the effects," says the web page. A new tentative release schedule finds Part I released on April 15th, Part II on May 13th and Part III on June 17th.

In addition, TrekWeb has an interview from the latest issue of Starburst with Alan Ruck, Star Trek: Generations' John Harriman. He plays the captain of the Enterprise-B again in Of Gods and Men and said, "I was happily surprised that someone had written something about Harriman again."

Ruck acknowledged that some fans blame his character for the loss of Captain Kirk in the Nexus. "Some people have a grudge," he conceded. "Some people are pissed, and then I have to say there are a equal number who don't feel the least bit bad about it." He said he thinks of Of Gods and Men as a pilot of sorts in which CBS has nothing to lose, and if the internet series is successful, he believes the speculative venture may continue.

http://www.trektoday.com/news/090107_01.shtml