Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Parent Of The Week

The daughter of one of my assistants got pregnant and continued to smoke and drink throughout the pregnancy. I told her to her face that she was going to have a deformed baby but she never stopped. This baby was born over a month ago and it still hasn't left the hospital. It has a malformed lung, a cleft pallete , cannot hear correctly and a host of other problems. I really wanted to scream at her "I TOLD YOU SO!" but I controlled myself.

I just don't get how a woman can do that. I never planned on having children but when I found out I was pregnant the need to protect that pregnancy was overwhelming. I really don't know if it's just selfishness or if there's some sort of maternal instinct that's missing. <_<

Birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese marred by fight between moms

AP

Posted: 2008-03-03 08:37:20

NATICK, Mass. (AP) - A child's birthday party at a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant is cut short when a fight breaks out between two mothers.

Natick police said the mom of the 9-year-old birthday boy apparently became enraged because the other woman's son was "hogging" an arcade game.

Sgt. Paul Thompson said 38-year-old Catherine Aliaga and 33-year-old Tarsha Williams, both of Boston, would be summoned into court to answer charges of simple assault and battery stemming from the scuffle.

Thompson told the MetroWest Daily News that police received a number of 911 calls about the fight Saturday night.

He said what started as a birthday celebration turned into a "birthday melee."

:laugh:

Next thing you know, we'll have mums in the wrestling ring! :laugh: If the kids aren't bothered why are the parent's joining in?

Shoplifter forgets son!

Posted Mar 20th 2008 6:52PM by Jennifer Jordan

Filed under: Health and Safety, Dads, 10-12 years, Stores and shopping, Outings, Weird but True

Gee, how embarrassing. You go in for one thing, leave without another, and it turns out to be your child. Oh, and you were too busy shoplifting to remember to get him on the way out!

A shoplifter in Amsterdam five-fingering a pack of meat accidentally left his twelve-year-old son in the supermarket he stole from. The thief was, naturally, traced because of his son. When contacted by authorities he refused to claim his son and asked that they call the child's mother instead.

Eventually, the shoplifter did turn himself in. Not only was he setting a bad example for his child, but my guess is that in addition to shoplifting charges he could face abandonment, endangering a child and a bunch of other things too.

Stupid, stupid, stupid...yet, true, true, true. Thankfully the son wasn't charged as an accomplice or anything.

:laugh:

Parents Pick Prayer Over Doctor, Girl Dies

By ROBERT IMRIE,AP

Posted: 2008-03-28 10:11:31

Filed Under: Health News

WESTON, Wis. (March 27) - Police are investigating an 11-year-old girl's death from an undiagnosed, treatable form of diabetes after her parents chose to pray for her rather than take her to a doctor.

An autopsy showed Madeline Neumann died Sunday from diabetic ketoacidosis, a condition that left too little insulin in her body, Everest Metro Police Chief Dan Vergin said.

She had probably been ill for about a month, suffering symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, excessive thirst, loss of appetite and weakness, the chief said Wednesday, noting that he expects to complete the investigation by Friday and forward the results to the district attorney.

The girl's mother, Leilani Neumann, said the family believes in the Bible and that healing comes from God, but she said they do not belong to an organized religion or faith, are not fanatics and have nothing against doctors.

She insisted her youngest child was in good health until recently.

"We just noticed a tiredness within the past two weeks," she said Wednesday. "And then, just the day before and that day (she died), it suddenly just went to a more serious situation. We stayed fast in prayer then. We believed that she would recover. We saw signs that to us, it looked like she was recovering."

Her daughter - who had not seen a doctor since she got some shots as a 3-year-old, according to Vergin - had no fever and there was warmth in her body, she said.

The girl's father, Dale Neumann, a former police officer, said he started CPR "as soon as the breath of life left" his daughter's body.

Family members elsewhere called authorities to seek help for the girl.

Police and paramedics arrived within minutes and immediately called for an ambulance that took her to a hospital. But less than an hour after authorities reached the home, Madeline - a bright student who left public school for home schooling this semester - was declared dead.

This kind of stuff really burns me up..... :lol:

Where the hell in the Bible does it ever say not to go to a doctor?

My grandparents refused to take my mother or any of her sisters to the doctor even for serious injuries. No medications of any sort either. My mom had to sneak over to the neighbors mother to get baby aspirin when she had migraines. I don't get it. :lol:

I am curious just how obvious her symptoms were - if it was enough so that other family members were calling for help- then it definitely sounds like the parents were in the wrong.

But when I first read this I couldn't help but think what if the parents just thought she had the flu - she was tired and a little nauseas - not everyone rushes to the emergency room for the flu. I can't help wondering if they hadn't been praying - ie they just didn't recognize her symptoms - if they probably wouldn't be up on charges.

On the other hand if the child showed serious signs of illness and they ignored it - which sounds like the case - well then charges are warranted.

I don't like to criticize other people's religious beliefs - even if I disagree with them - and that makes situations like this difficult. If the child was 17 and she herself refused medical care - that would be even more difficult.

But there has to be some standard of mandatory care for minor children and if you truly believe then I guess you're willing to go to jail for your beliefs.

To answer Kor's question - as far as I know - it doesn't say that in the Bible; I believe it does say to pray for the sick - which I do - while they're in the hospital.

MASTIC BEACH, N.Y. — Authorities say they've arrested a Long Island driver who jumped from his Jeep to escape a police chase, leaving two children and two adults in the moving vehicle.

The Suffolk County Police Department says officers arrested the 41-year-old driver early Saturday after he led them on a high-speed chase in Mastic Beach.

Police say the driver slowed down and leaped from the Jeep, which was carrying his girlfriend, a 6-year-old, a 12-year-old and a second man. The male passenger managed to get behind the wheel and stop the vehicle. No one was injured.

Police say they chased the driver on foot and arrested him on charges of driving while intoxicated, resisting arrest and endangering the welfare of a child.

It's not clear whether the driver has a lawyer, and there's no phone number listed under his name.

I certainly hope that this jackass wasn't the children's father! At any rate, he is a real cretin!

Pennsylvania Woman Charged for Sending Kids With Lice to School

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

BELLE VERNON, Pa. — A Belle Vernon, Pa., woman was charged with endangering her children after she sent them to school with lice despite warnings that they could not attend class until they had been cleaned up, police said.

Twenty-seven-year-old Nicole Lynn Holmes was sent to jail to await a preliminary hearing on Friday, according to police.

The Belle Vernon Area School District contacted police, charging that Holmes had ignored several warnings about the children's lice infestation, court records show.

School officials told police the problem first arose in early February, when Holmes was told that she must take her children to a doctor and resolve the lice issue before they could return to school. But later that month, the children, and their lice, boarded a bus and headed to school, police said.

Officials at Marion Elementary School contacted Holmes and demanded she pick up her children so they would not expose others to their lice, said the officials. She refused, according to the officials.

Two Year Old's Death Linked to Watching WWE Wrestling

Date Added: April 04, 2008

Story By: Steve Carrier

- From WHAS Channel 11 in Louisville, Kentucky:

East St. Louis, IL (KMOV) - East St. Louis police are investigating the suspicious death of a two year old boy.

His 4-year-old brother is suspected of killing him, and his mother tells News 4 that he was pretending he was a professional wrestler.

Jacqueline Davis says she came out of the shower and found her two-year-old son Jacquion unresponsive on his bedroom floor.

She says her four-year-old son told her and police that he was pretending to be WWE professional wrestler who he watches dominate opponents on the Friday night show.

The 4-year-old allegedly choked his brother with part of a curtain.

Rescuers flew Jacquion by helicopter to Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital where doctors treated him in intensive care for four days until he died Tuesday.

Sources familiar with the case tell News 4 that autopsy results could take two weeks and that a police investigation is pending.

The victim's mother says she's convinced exposure to professional wrestling played a part in the tragic murder.

.....And I suppose that leaving a 2 and 4 year old alone and completely unsupervised had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with it?............. :vbg:

Cops: Man Charged in Theft Left His Son

AP

Posted: 2008-04-04 17:45:02

HARRISON, Ohio (AP) - Police near Cincinnati have charged an Indiana man with theft based partly on what he left behind when he ran from police - his 12-year-old son.

Brent Leisgang, 30, of Cedar Grove, Ind., was arrested Wednesday and has been charged with child endangering, possession of criminal tools, possession of drugs, criminal trespass and two counts each of theft and criminal damaging.

Leisgang is accused of trying to steal catalytic converters from a car lot in Harrison last week. The converters are popular targets of thieves because they can be sold to scrap dealers. He is being held on $80,000 bond.

His son was found at the scene and police believe Leisgang brought him along to help in the theft.

The same thing happened somewhere else last week!

.....And I suppose that leaving a 2 and 4 year old alone and completely unsupervised had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with it?............. :vbg:

You can not spend 24 hours a day sitting and staring at your children - you have to go to the bathroom, cook dinner or even see to another child. It only takes a second for a child to do something dangerous.

Now, why she was letting her children watch wrestling is another story. This is not the first child to be killed by imitating wrestling.

A couple can't agree on which gang their 4-year-old toddler should join.

A fight about the decision led to a public disturbance with the father's arrest. Joseph Manzanares went to the video store where his girlfriend worked, threatened to kill her and knocked over several video displays, police told KMGH Denver.

Police arrested Manzanares at his home, Commerce City police Sgt. Joe Sandoval told KMGH Denver.

The girlfriend told authorities they were fighting over which gang their son should join. The girlfriend, who is black, is a member of the Crips while Manzanares, who is Hispanic, belongs to the Westside Ballers.

"They have different ideas on how the baby should be raised," Sandoval said. "Basically, she said they cannot agree on which gang the baby would 'claim.'"

This kid has a bright future

See? This is why I believe you need a license to be a parrent.

You can't possibly tell me that these two people are experts at gangdom just from the limited number of gangs they hve been in. The toddler should be exposed to ALL gangs so he can decide which gang is right for him!

TUH - I know you are only 8, but how did you decide what gang you wanted to join? Or did your parents make the choice for you?

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

I agree. Every child should be able to decide for themselves which gang to join............ :lol:

A child with a bright future indeed, since the Video store Mom works in may probably close down soon or simply let her go for the negative publicity garnered by these fabulous parents.

Tow Truck Driver Takes Car With Sleeping Boy Inside

By AP

Posted: 2008-04-16 09:35:51

See More Auto News, Reviews & Stories

DALLAS (AP) - A tow truck driver unknowingly hauled away a car with a 7-year-old asleep inside before returning the vehicle minutes later and speeding away, police said.

The panicked parents of the missing boy watched the driver hurriedly unhook their car and take off as they met with authorities late Monday, according to a Dallas police report. A possible kidnapping investigation at the apartment complex had already begun.

Fidel Retana Jr., 23, was pulled over a short time later and arrested on child endangerment charges. But police said Tuesday they expect to drop the charges.

"It appeared that he did not intend to take the child," Dallas police Sgt. Brenda Nichols said.

David Traylor, Retana's attorney, said his client noticed the boy only when he stopped to ensure that the car was hooked up properly. The car had been parked in a fire lane while the boy's mother ran upstairs to her apartment.

Traylor said Retana left the second time in a hurry because he knew the parents were there and were probably angry.

"He tried to do everything he could to get the kid back quickly," Traylor said.

Authorities said the boy's mother was crying and vomiting outside when they arrived. The boy was still asleep when the car was returned.

"I hate the way towing people run the business," said Sergio Zuniga, the boy's father.

They are so quick to blame the tow truck driver yet this woman takes no responsibility for leaving a 7 year old child alone in a vehicle........ :wow:

Drunk mom tries to pick up kid

Posted Apr 17th 2008 2:02PM by Roger Sinasohn

Filed under: Moms, Toddler, Preschooler, Alcohol

A Reno, Nevada woman showed up at her daughter's preschool "grossly intoxicated" and demanded her daughter. When school officials refused to release the girl to the woman, she went on a rampage, smashing a window with a brick and assaulting the school staff. The police were called and the woman was arrested. The child was later released to her father.

Sadly, sometimes our children's caregivers have to face situations like this. I don't know that I'll ever understand why a parent would allow themselves to get wasted when they know they're going to taking care of (let alone picking up) their kid. I mean, I like good beer and wine as much as the next guy, and I see nothing wrong with having one or two, even while watching your kids, but one must avoid becoming impaired.

Of course, the real victim here is the kid who loses her mom in all this. I hope that perhaps a bit of time cooling off -- and sobering up -- will give this mother a chance to realize what's really important.

:clap:

Dad held on charges of trying to leave kids on LI lawn

AP

Posted: 2008-04-26 05:30:12

EAST PATCHOGUE, N.Y. (AP) - A father accused of trying to leave his children on a stranger's Long Island lawn has pleaded not guilty to child endangerment, drug possession and other charges.

Thomas Chiusano was being held early Saturday on $160,000 bond or $80,000 cash bail.

Suffolk County Police Lt. John O'Brien says an East Patchogue woman was mowing her lawn when the 29-year-old Chiusano abruptly dropped off his 5-year-old son and 4-year-old daughter Thursday afternoon.

Police say the woman tried to grab Chiusano's car keys, but he pulled her hair, scratched her and drove off. She called police, who stopped him in nearby Bohemia.

Chiusano is being represented by the Legal Aid Society, which has a policy of not commenting on pending cases. He lives in Brentwood.

:angry:

Woman Says Father Put Her in Dungeon

Reuters

Posted: 2008-04-27 12:51:13

Filed Under: World News

AMSTETTEN, Austria (April 27) - An Austrian man has been arrested after a woman said she was abused and kept prisoner by her father for 24 years, bearing him seven children, Austrian police said on Sunday.

Police, who were still trying to piece together details of the case, identified the woman as 42-year-old Elisabeth F.

They said she told authorities her father Josef, who had abused her since she was 11, had lured her into the basement of the block where the family lived in Amstetten in 1984, and drugged and handcuffed her before locking her up in a windowless dungeon.

It was assumed she had disappeared voluntarily when her parents received a letter from her saying they should not search for her.

Police said Josef was in custody but refused to speak about the allegations. His wife Rosemarie had been unaware of what had happened.

Elisabeth gave birth to seven children, one of whom died shortly after being born, according to police.

They said three of her younger children were each left in the house, the first accompanied by a letter saying Elisabeth was unable to care for the baby herself. All were taken in by Josef and his wife as foster or adopted children.

"She had been abused continuously during the 24-year-long imprisonment," the statement said. "This led to six children."

The two oldest children, aged 18 and 19, as well as the youngest aged 5 had been locked up with their mother since birth and had never seen sunlight or received any education, police said at a news conference on Sunday.

The case only came to light when the oldest child became seriously ill and was taken to hospital in Amstetten.

"A 19-year-old girl was dropped off at the Amstetten hospital last weekend," a police spokesman said. "The girl is seriously ill and is fighting for her life."

Doctors appealed the girl's mother, who at that time was believed to have disappeared, to come forward to provide more details about the daughter's medical history.

Josef then brought Elisabeth and her remaining two children out of the dungeon, telling his wife that their "missing" daughter had chosen to return home, police said.

After questioning and assurances that she would have no further contact with her father, Elisabeth agreed to make a "comprehensive statement,"" they added.

Rosemarie, as well as Elisabeth and her children were receiving psychological counseling.

DNA samples of all those involved were taken and would be analyzed, police added.

The case is reminiscent of that of Austrian Natascha Kampusch, who spent eight year locked up in a windowless cell before dashing to freedom in August 2006.

:laugh::eek: :angry:

Australian fined for buckling in beer, not child

AP

Posted: 2008-05-13 06:38:09

DARWIN, Australia (AP) - An Australian man has been fined after buckling in a case of beer with a seat belt but leaving a 5-year-old child to sit on the car's floor, police said Tuesday.

Constable Wayne Burnett said he was "shocked and appalled" when he pulled over the unregistered car Friday in the central Australian town of Alice Springs.

The 30-can beer case was strapped in between two adults sitting in the back seat of the car. The child was also in back, but on the car's floor.

"The child was sitting in the lump in the center, unrestrained," Burnett told reporters Tuesday.

"I haven't ever seen something like this before," he said. "This is the first time that the beer has taken priority over a child."

The driver was fined 750 Australian dollars - about $710 - for driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle and for failing to ensure a child was wearing a safety belt.

Well..........it WAS a thirty-pack................. B)