Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Parent Of The Week

Girl: Mom Forced Genitalia Piercing

AP

Posted: 2007-10-25 16:41:07

NAPLES, Fla. (AP) - A 39-year-old woman forcefully had her 13-year-old daughter's genitalia pierced to make it uncomfortable for her to have sex, the girl told jurors in her mother's child abuse trial.

The girl, now 16, told jurors Wednesday that her mother asked a tattoo artist friend in 2004 to shave the girl's head to make her unattractive to boys and later held her down for the piercing.

"She was trying to protect me, but it hurt me," the girl testified. "It not only hurt me physically, but it hurt me mentally. ... That's emotionally scarring. That's physical abuse."

Prosecutor Steve Maresca said the mother called on a friend to shave the girl's head and do the piercing after realizing that she had been having sex, including with the mother's boyfriend.

Defense attorney Donald Day told jurors that the mother had trouble with her rebellious daughter and that the girl agreed to the piercing to help rebuild her mother's trust.

"It wasn't torture or extreme violence," Day said. "It was, in the young girl's words, to try to save her. ... That decision was a last-ditch effort. In my client's mind, she had no other options."

Child welfare officials were called after the girl became infected from the piercing.

The mother, whose name is being withheld to protect her daughter's identity, is charged with two counts of aggravated child abuse and faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted.

Tammy Meredith, 43, who did the piercing in her home, was sentenced to a year in jail for her role. An arrest warrant has been issued for the mother's boyfriend on allegations he had sex with the girl.

:elephant: <_< :elephant:

A very sad thing. It does at least illustrate that many states preferences towards havng mom have placement of the kids is NOT always in the best interest of the children. Imo, there seem to be a rather copious number of these cases that involves the negligence of mom. Time for laws to be passed that protect a fathers interests in regards to having his children( remember WE are all supposed to have equal protection under the constitution) and it is sad that children have to endure abuse for laws to change. <_< :elephant:

Couple Arrested on Drunk Driving Charges

Associated Press

Posted: 2007-10-29 17:15:39

YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP) - A couple, first the husband, then his wife, were arrested on Saturday on drunken driving charges. Police told The Ann Arbor News that they first stopped the man and gave him a preliminary breath test after watching him run a red light.

Police said the test registered a 0.11, three points over the legal limit of .08. The man had his 12-year-old son in the car.

Police told the boy to call his mother to pick him up. But after she arrived with her 9-year-old daughter in the car, she also appeared to have been drinking, police said.

Police also gave her a breath test and she was found to be legally drunk after registering a 0.13.

These two simply belong together........ <_< They didn't mention if they tested the kids........I wouldn't be surprised if they were loaded too with such upstanding role models...... :elephant:

A very sad thing. It does at least illustrate that many states preferences towards havng mom have placement of the kids is NOT always in the best interest of the children. Imo, there seem to be a rather copious number of these cases that involves the negligence of mom. Time for laws to be passed that protect a fathers interests in regards to having his children( remember WE are all supposed to have equal protection under the constitution) and it is sad that children have to endure abuse for laws to change. :elephant: <_<

There is nothing absolutely nothing in that article to indicate there were any custody issues between this girl's mother and father. Chances are he's a deadbeat that doesn't want the child - or is in even worse shape than the mother.

Nor is Florida a state that automatically gives custody to one parent - many couples get joint custody now.

Man Allegedly Leaves Baby to Rob Store

AP

Posted: 2007-12-04 21:20:15

LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. (AP) - Deputies said a man left his three-month-old baby home alone for six hours while he robbed a grocery store. Police said Tony Doden and his accomplice, James Schmidt, were arrested after their getaway car was spotted by a witness.

A teenage employee told police a man wearing a Halloween style 'Jason' masked robbed them at gunpoint and then took off.

Deputies said Doden had left his three-month-old son at home to fend for himself while he and Schmidt robbed the store.

The child's mother was arrested in October.

Police say the baby was found with a severe case of diaper rash. Doden's grandmother is now taking care of the baby.

6 hours to rob a store?

Well.......how long does it usually take you, Roy?.......... :huh:

Nah, it just took them five hours and a half minutes to stand outside the store planning the robbery, and then five minutes to do it. That leaves a good twenty-five minutes for travel.

Dad Allegedly Kills Girl Over Head Scarf

By Jonathan Spicer,Reuters

Posted: 2007-12-11 18:23:20

Filed Under: Crime News, World News

TORONTO (Dec. 11) - A Canadian teenager who was said to have clashed with her father about whether she should wear a traditional Muslim head scarf died of injuries late on Monday, and her father told police he had killed her.

Aqsa Parvez, 16, was found without a pulse in her home in the Toronto suburb of Mississauga earlier on Monday. She was resuscitated by paramedics, treated at two hospitals, and later succumbed to her injuries, police said on Tuesday.

Her father, 57-year-old Muhammad Parvez, has been charged with murder and was remanded back into custody after his first court appearance early on Tuesday.

"There was a 911 call placed by a man who indicated that he had just killed his daughter," Jodi Dawson, a constable with Peel Regional Police, told Reuters. "Everything else is evidentiary in nature and the investigation is in its preliminary stages at this point."

The victim's brother, Waqas Parvez, 26, was arrested and charged with obstructing police.

The story was on the front pages of Canadian newspapers on Tuesday. The newspapers quoted friends and schoolmates of the victim as saying she argued with her father over wearing a hijab, the traditional head scarf worn by Muslim females.

Photos of the teen retrieved from a social networking Web site show her in Western dress with her long dark hair loose.

"She was always scared of her dad, she was always scared of her brother," the Toronto Star quoted a classmate as saying.

Others were quoted as saying the girl wore traditional Muslim dress when leaving the house in the morning, but would change into other clothes in school washrooms.

Dawson said investigators will likely speak to the victim's schoolmates. The father will return for a bail hearing on Wednesday.

Yeah.......THESE are the customs we are supposed to take seriously......... :laugh:

Woman Forces Toddler to Smoke, Posts on MySpace, Gets Arrested

Posted Dec 18th 2007 11:52AM by Tim Stevens

Filed under: Computers, MySpace

File this under bad parents -- a woman in Virginia Beach, Virginia has been jailed for Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor, thanks to a rather tasteless video she posted on MySpace.

Sandra Venery (seen in her mug-shot glory to the right) posted a clip in which she encourages her two-year-old daughter to smoke a cigarette. The video was enough to put Venery behind bars. But despite it being illegal for anyone under 18 to smoke in Virginia, it wasn't the smoking that did it. but it wasn't the smoking that did it. Rather, it was Venery's often-profane encouragement of her daughter that landed her behind bars. (The video has since been removed from MySpace, so don't bother looking.)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.switched...ndra-verney.jpg

Nice.......real nice...... :lol:

Edited by Kor Kringle

Helping Son's Parties No Laughing Matter

AP

Posted: 2007-12-19 18:11:29

LAKE ELSINORE, Calif. (AP) - The mother of a 13-year-old boy has been arrested for supplying nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, used during her son's ditch parties at their Lake Elsinore home.

Maria Antonia Mendez was arrested for providing the gas used by the teens to get high. Riverside County sheriff's Sgt. Evan Petersen says the teens skipped school and hung out at the home.

Police began investigating the case after a school officer noticed repeated absences of a group of students. Canisters of nitrous oxide were found by deputies serving a search warrant Monday evening.

Investigators say the teenagers filled balloons with the gas and inhaled it.

The sergeant says the 28-year-old mother also participated in the nitrous parties. She was booked for investigation of multiple counts of child endangerment and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

So she was 15 when she had this kid?......Are we sure her last name isn't "Spears"?....... :lol:

Taking your kid to work -- committing armed robbery

Posted Jan 11th 2008 10:34AM by Roger Sinasohn

Filed under: Lifestyle, 18-24 months, Toddler, Working moms

Wow. Quality childcare must be really difficult to come by in Minnesota. So difficult that a woman apparently brought her 20-month-old son with her while she and a man committed two armed robberies. Twenty-one-year-old Jessica Reich, the boy's mother, and Patrick Mobley, also twenty-one, are accused of robbing a man taking out his trash and, shortly after, a woman returning home with groceries.

The female victim spotted the child in the car as the suspects left the scene. She called the police and reported the vehicle's license plate number. The police traced the car to Reich's building and were able to stop the vehicle and arrest the suspects. The child was found in the back seat and was placed in protective custody.

I don't know about you, but if I were going to be involved in a hold-up, I think I would get a babysitter. I don't think I'd bring him along -- at least not until he's old enough to drive the getaway car.

Nice move....... :laugh:

Mom Charged With Putting Cell-Phone-Losing Son In Oven

Posted Jan 14th 2008 2:17PM by Joshua Fruhlinger

Filed under: Cell Phones

When a child loses a parent's cell phone, he or she shouldn't be surprised that said parent might be upset. It certainly deserves punishment -- a night without television or video games, perhaps. Maybe even a firm scolding if cell phone loss has happened before. However, when Tiffany Fraser, 26, put her 7-year-old son in a hot oven as punishment for losing her wireless device, she clearly went way too far.

The incident happened in July, but is just now making headlines because a day care center found the burns on the child. In October, after another incident at the day care center, the child took off and didn't want to return home. Police then uncovered the sad chain of events and have taken Fraser downtown. We don't blame the kid for taking off, and we wouldn't be surprised if he never wants to see another cell phone as long as he lives.

From Poughkeepsie Journal

:laugh:

The thing that bothers me about the above story is that they charged the daycare worker too, (I've read about this elsewhere) for not reporting child abuse even though she was unaware of what happened. It's to the point that you're supposed to report people for abusing their children if the child simply gets a brusie. I pity the people who have children like I was - I got bruised all the time (of course in my day kids went outside and played).

How do you know if a kid has a burn that he was put in an oven (something you wouldn't expect) or that he grabbed something hot that spilled on him.

As for the mom - hopefully the kid won't go back to her.

You're a Packers Fan, Son. Got It?

AP

Posted: 2008-01-16 18:51:56

PORTAGE, Wis. (AP) - Upset that his 7-year-old son wouldn't wear a Green Bay Packers jersey during the team's playoff victory Saturday, a man restrained the boy for an hour with tape and taped the jersey onto him.

Mathew Kowald was cited for disorderly conduct in connection with the incident with his son at their home in Pardeeville, Lt. Wayne Smith of the Columbia County Sheriff's Department said. Pardeeville is about 30 miles north of Madison.

The 36-year-old Kowald was arrested Monday after his wife told authorities about the incident. Kowald was taken to the county jail and held until Wednesday, when he pleaded no contest, paid a fine of $186 and was released.

Kowald's wife filed a restraining order Wednesday, so Kowald will not be able to have contact with his family, Smith said. Smith said other domestic issues have surfaced, though he wouldn't elaborate.

The boy refused to wear the jersey Saturday, when the Packers beat the Seattle Seahawks in a playoff game, Smith said. Smith said the incident sounded strange when reported at first, but the mother took pictures with her cell phone and that type of evidence is difficult to dispute.

:) :) :)

You would never see a Seattle fan do that to their seven year old kid... But they would dress up their three month old baby...

Seahawks12thBaby.jpg

Fleeing Father Mystifies Police

AP

Posted: 2008-01-16 21:25:59

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) - Police are trying to figure out why a Roosvelt, Long Island man sped away from police in Hempstead, and then jumped out of his car to run - leaving his 2-year-old son in the backseat. Police say the motorist, who was not identified, did not have a record and didn't have any alcohol or drugs on him.

The chase began in Hempstead around 6 p.m. Tuesday when a Hempstead police officer tried to pull over the car for a traffic violation. Police say the 27-year-old motorist sped off, but was stopped a short distance away when he had an accident.

However, police say the suspect then jumped out of the car and ran, leaving his 2-year-old son in a child protective seat in the back. The boy was not injured.

:) :) :)

Some people just fear authority figures - you don't have to be guilty of something. There may be more to this story such as maybe he's from another country where they have good reason to fear the police.

Some people just fear authority figures - you don't have to be guilty of something. There may be more to this story such as maybe he's from another country where they have good reason to fear the police.

Exactly my point. It seems that this is a case of a guy that got spooked. Still, though i don't like the idea of him bailing on his kid.

Grandma Allegedly Hides Cocaine in Bra

AP

Posted: 2008-02-04 17:56:35

OAKLAND PARK, Fla. (AP) - Broward County authorities said a grandmother was arrested for hiding cocaine in her bra during a drug raid in Oakland Park. Eight others were also arrested Friday at or near the home of Henrietta Corvin Daise, 62. Many of them were her grandchildren.

Jail records show Daise posted $7,500 bail Saturday.

The Broward County Sheriff's Office said deputies conducted a search warrant on her home and found Daise with powder cocaine stuffed in her bra. Deputies also found 20 crack cocaine rocks, four grams of powder cocaine, marijuana and $1,000 in cash.

The eight face various charges including possession and intent to sell cocaine within 1,000 feet of a church, probation violations and marijuana possession.

I wonder who picked the short straw and had to search Granny's bra?........ :jem'hadar:

Beer Gets Seatbelt. Child Doesn't

AP

Posted: 2008-02-05 22:22:21

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (AP) - Police have arrested a motorist they say had a 24-pack of beer strapped in with a seat belt but had a 16-month-old girl unrestrained in the back seat with the toddler's mother.

Tina D. Williams was pulled over in St. Augustine on Sunday for allegedly running a red light.

A 24-pack of Busch beer was strapped in with the passenger-side seat belt, according to an arrest report. The girl was in the back seat with 20-year-old Amber Tedrick, who is the toddler's mother.

Williams, 46, said she didn't know why the child wasn't restrained.

Williams refused to take a breath test and a deputy found two metal pipes commonly used to smoke drugs in her purse, authorities said.

Williams was charged with driving under the influence, child abuse, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving without a license, a jail official said. She remained in the St. Johns County jail Tuesday after bail was set at $31,000.

The jail did not have the name of her attorney. It was not clear if Tedrick would face any charges, but the child was released to her care, according to The Florida Times-Union.

:jem'hadar:

Pregnant Woman Accused of Assault at Bar

AP

Posted: 2008-02-14 22:47:26

ROCHESTER, Pa. (AP) - A woman who is seven months pregnant is accused of smashing a beer bottle against a bartender's head after she was refused another drink. Police said Keisharra Abercrombie, 30, assaulted the female bartender on Saturday after being told she shouldn't be drinking alcohol.

Police say Abercrombie also smashed a glass over the bartender's ear and head.

Authorities said the bartender's ear was partially detached. A surgeon in Pittsburgh used two staples and 28 stitches to reattach the top of the ear.

Abercrombie was arraigned Wednesday on charges of aggravated assault, simple assault, harassment and reckless endangerment. She was in the Beaver County Jail on $25,000 bail.

This baby must want to self-abort by now.......

I used to hate it when pregnant women would order alcohol. I know it's a personal choice but it's not a fun position to be put in as a server. I always told them I wasn't comfortable serving them alcohol and if they insisted I let the manager decide and serve them if they chose to. None of them ever attacked me but a few looked like they wanted to.