Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Einstein Of The Week!

THEY JAILED SANTA!!! :roflmao:

Well.....it had to be only a matter of time before Santa was caught. I mean really.......skulking around at night sneaking into people's homes! He couldn't have gotten away with it forever..... :roflmao:

From local6 orlando

Man On Oxygen Smoking Cigarette Blamed For Massive Orlando Fire

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A man using oxygen is believed to have accidentally sparked a massive fire that injured several people and destroyed much of an Orlando apartment complex over the weekend.

Families living at The Grove apartments on 2338 S. Conway Road said they heard an explosion before spotting fire Saturday morning.

"Oh, this is horrible," resident Olga Rivera said. "The explosion alone woke us up."

Fire victim Nisha Pimento said she felt the flames and rushed to get her children to safety.

"Well, my instinct, the first thing I thought about was my kids and my life," Pimento said. "When I saw the wall, it was all fire and smoke coming out. So, the first thing I did was grabbed the kids and take them out. My aunt only has one leg so she (needed) help."

Firefighters rescued at least five people trapped by flames, including an 8-year-old and a senior citizen. There were no life-threatening injuries in connection with the fire.

At least 16 apartment units were condemned because of the fire and others have water damage.

Stupid is too mild a word for some people.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

That IS stupid, but not unheard of. I bought this old man's business once when he had a heart attack and had to retire. Whenever I came over to his house, he would be sitting at the kitchen table on oxygen with a cigarette in one hand and a rum and coke in the other.......... :laugh:

It is just sad really. My grandfather was like that as well. He could not and refused to quite smoking. :laugh: Cigarette addition is very strong to the point where even the smartest people do something that is not too bright.

Cops: Pair Announced Pot Sale Out Window

AP

Posted: 2007-09-05 18:28:33

BOSTON (AP) - Announcing the sale of pot out of a dorm room window is probably not a good idea when two police officers are within hearing range.

A pair of former Northeastern University freshmen are facing drug and other charges after prosecutors said one of them leaned out his dorm window on Sunday and loudly told a woman in the dorm opposite his that he and his roommate were selling pot.

Two plain clothes Boston officers in the building overheard the conversation, made their way up to a second floor dorm room where they arrested Michael Emery, 18, of Haverhill and Matthew Ferrante, 18, of North Andover after finding about four ounces of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, including a scale, and several bottles of alcohol in the room, the Suffolk district attorney's office said.

"If you're looking for weed, my roommate Ferrante has some for sale," Emery allegedly said out the window, according to the district attorney's office.

The students were arraigned in Roxbury District Court on Tuesday on charges of possession of a class D substance with intent to distribute in a school zone, possession of alcohol by a minor, and conspiracy to violate the state's drug laws. The intent to distribute charge carries a maximum of two years in jail.

They pleaded not guilty, were both released on personal recognizance and are due back in court on Oct. 24.

Attorneys for the men did not immediately return calls for comment.

"They are no longer students here," university spokeswoman Laura Shea said.

What a Bonehead!.... :laugh:

Dealer Calls Cops After Pot Stash Stolen

AP

Posted: 2007-09-07 23:54:44

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (AP) - A marijuana dealer telephoned police after armed thieves stole his quarter-pound stash of pot. The 19-year-old Felton man told police that two men, one of them armed with a handgun, robbed him at gunpoint as he sat in his car on Tuesday night.

"It was unique to have people who were dealing drugs calling us when they've been ripped off," police spokesman Zach Friend said.

After the thieves made off with his stash, the dealer telephoned police. When police arrived, the dealer's story became progressively confused.

First he showed officers a medical marijuana card and told them he bought the pot at a medical marijuana dispensary. Then he said he got the pot from a friend. Eventually the dealer admitted he had arranged to sell the marijuana to the men who stole it from him, investigators said.

The Felton dealer wasn't arrested.

"From our standpoint, it's more important to address the fact there are individuals out there who are willing to use a weapon to commit robberies," Friend said.

:tribble:

Woman Accused of Setting Fire Over Keys

AP

Posted: 2007-09-08 04:48:27

FLORENCE, Ore. (AP) - A woman was arrested and charged with arson and burglary after police say she set fire to the home of a neighbor she thought had stolen her keys.

Sgt. Clint Riley of the Lane County Sheriff's Office said the 23-year-old woman later found her keys hanging from her pants pocket.

The woman was being held in the Lane County Jail in lieu of $350,000 bail.

According to a police report, the woman told a deputy that after discovering her keys missing, she broke into her neighbors' trailer, and began trashing the place.

After going home to fetch lighter fluid and cooking oil, she returned to the neighbors' place and tried to start a fire by spraying lighter fluid on a hot stove burner, according to the report.

When that didn't work, she allegedly placed the oil and a stuffed animal on the stove, according to the report.

She called 9-1-1 and hid in a bush across the street while deputies and firefighters responded, Riley said.

The woman's boyfriend said a friend called him at work and he rushed home to find her hiding in the bushes, barefoot and incoherent, according to the report.

The woman told her boyfriend her keys were missing, at which time he pointed to a set of keys hanging from her pants pocket and "she began to cry," Riley said.

A damage estimate was not immediately available.

What a moron!... :laugh:

In Duluth, would-be burglar runs off with no loot, and no clothes

AP

Posted: 2007-09-09 14:22:41

DULUTH, Minn. (AP) - A man who tried to burglarize a Duluth home came out with less than he went in with, losing his clothes in a scuffle.

When police asked Duluth homeowner Wayne Boniface if he could identify the suspect, Boniface said: "Oh, yeah. I believe he's the only guy running nude in Duluth."

Wayne and Kathie Boniface returned home from dinner Thursday night at a neighbor's to find the burglar in their house. A more than five-minute scuffle with Wayne Boniface ended with all the burglar's clothes ripped off, after which he ran out of the house.

Boniface, 69, said the burglar made the mistake of grabbing Kathie Boniface.

"As soon as he grabbed my wife, I had him in the kitchen wrestling him to the ground in a head-lock and arm-lock," Boniface said.

First, Boniface said, he ripped the man's shirt off. Then, "his head was down over the railing, and in today's world, pants are worn fairly loose. I pulled his pants, and his pants and underpants and shoes came completely off. He was completely nude."

The 20-year-old man was apprehended nearby about 20 minutes later. He has been charged with two counts of first-degree burglary.

Wayne Boniface said he did some boxing as a youth and knows some wrestling holds, but said mostly he was just lucky.

"He got in one good punch, but I got in a few more than he did," Boniface said.

:tribble:

Bank Robber Uses Own Check in Robbery

AP

Posted: 2007-09-11 17:28:25

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - A note demanding money from a bank teller was written on a check that authorities said belonged to the suspect. Forest Kelly Bissonnette, 27, apparently scratched his name off one of his own checks, then used that check to write a note used in a bank robbery Sept. 5, according to authorities.

"We could still make it out even though he blacked it out," said Rene VonderHaar, FBI special agent.

Bissonnette remained in federal custody Tuesday after turning himself in on Friday.

Nearly $5,000 was taken during the robbery at the Bank of the West in Englewood.

What an idiot!... :tribble:

Woman Drives Stolen Car to Courthouse

AP

Posted: 2007-09-12 16:46:29

MANNING, S.C. (AP) - Amber Renee Helton was trying to avoid legal problems by paying a traffic ticket. She ended up behind bars when authorities found out she drove a stolen car to the courthouse, police said. Clarendon County deputies received a tip that Helton was going to be in a stolen car when she paid the ticket, Chief Deputy Joe Bradham said.

So officers arrested Helton as she opened the door of the 2001 Dodge Intrepid at the courthouse Tuesday morning, authorities said.

Helton, 21, and her passenger, 35-year-old Terry Lynn Alvery, were charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, Bradham said.

Helton was being held at the Clarendon jail Wednesday on $5,000 bail. It was unclear whether she had an attorney. A message left at the public defender's office was not immediately returned.

The vehicle had been reported stolen Aug. 28 in Dayton, Tenn., authorities said.

Helton had been in court less than a week before. She was found not guilty of possession of a stolen tag and guilty of driving without possession of a state driver's license, Bradham said.

"I guess she thought 'Hey, I got away with having a stolen tag. I might get away with the entire car,"' Bradham said.

A real genius here..........

Police: Man Sets Off His Own Booby Trap

AP

Posted: 2007-09-14 15:37:11

LANSING, Mich. (AP) - A man tired of burglars nearly blew off his hand when bomb-like devices he set around his house exploded in his presence instead, authorities said.

Victor Iacobescu, 50, ran to a neighbor's house Thursday with a bloody towel wrapped around his right hand.

"Apparently, he was trying to set booby traps to get the next guy who tried to break in," fire Lt. Maggie Murphy said.

Iacobescu had been the victim of several break-ins, she said.

The neighbor, Patrick Struble, said the explosives were "like a pipe bomb. He accidentally triggered it, and it almost blew his hand off."

Police were investigating with the intent to pursue charges.

"Anything that goes `bang' is illegal," police Lt. Bruce Ferguson said. "I can't think of any (legal) reason why someone would be making a bomb."

:)

Man Calls Feds About His Lost Cocaine

AP

Posted: 2007-09-19 16:46:28

SEATTLE (AP) - Federal agents thought there was something fishy about Leroy Carr. On four occasions since last December, Carr either crossed the Canadian border or was found near it with thousands of dollars in cash, according to a complaint filed in U.S. District Court. He also sometimes carried night vision goggles and a GPS device programmed with coordinates for a well-known drug-smuggling trail.

But Carr refused to speak with Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, and they let him go - until he called to ask if they had seen his cocaine.

According to the complaint, he told agents that on Aug. 3, he had stashed two blue backpacks containing 68 pounds of cocaine by the entrance to a Boy Scout camp near the Canadian border. When he returned the next day, they were gone, he said.

Carr, of suburban Federal Way, asked if ICE could put out a news release saying that federal agents had seized the drugs. That way, according to the complaint, the organization he was working for would believe his statements that he hadn't stolen them.

Two weeks later, a Boy Scout ranger found the backpacks, which were dry and in good shape, and called police.

Carr was arrested last weekend on a federal charge of cocaine possession with intent to distribute. He made his initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Seattle on Monday and is scheduled for a detention hearing Thursday.

Carr's attorney, Nancy Tenney, was out of the office Wednesday morning and did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

Man Bitten After Putting Snake in Mouth

AP

Posted: 2007-09-19 16:43:01

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Snake collector Matt Wilkinson of Portland grabbed a 20-inch rattler from the highway near Maupin, and three weeks later, to impress his ex-girlfriend, he stuck the serpent in his mouth.

He was soon near death with a swollen tongue that blocked his throat. Trauma doctors at the Oregon Health and Science University saved his life.

"You can assume alcohol was involved," he said. Actually, not just beer. It was something he called a "mixture of stupid stuff."

Calls from cable network television stations poured in Tuesday, when he still had sore muscles and nerves from the venom.

It happened at a barbecue with friends.

Wilkinson, 23, had downed a six-pack and his ex-girlfriend asked him for a beer. He handed her one, not realizing the snake was also in his hand.

"She said, 'Get that thing out of my face,"' Wilkinson said. "I told her it was a nice snake. 'Nothing can happen. Watch."'

So he stuck the snake in his mouth.

"It got a hold of my tongue," he said.

He was having breathing problems when his ex-girlfriend drove him to the hospital. "She was the only one sober," Wilkinson said.

En route, they spotted a police car and asked for help.

His next memory, he said, was waking up at the hospital.

Doctors could not get a breathing tube down his throat.

Dr. Richard Mullins cut a hole in Wilkinson's neck to insert the breathing tube. Physicians started giving antivenin, moved him to intensive care and kept him sedated until the swelling went down.

The Poison Control Center sees about 50 people a year with snake bites, usually hikers. Deaths from rattlesnake bites in Oregon are extremely rare.

Wilkinson, who works in construction, has yet to return to work. His three Western diamondback rattlers have been removed from his home.

He says co-workers have been pretty blunt.

"They were like, 'What the heck were you thinking?"' Wilkinson said.

The answer? "It's my own stupidity."

Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com

What a bonehead! Guys like this is why this thread will never die..... :)

Man Bitten After Putting Snake in Mouth

AP

Posted: 2007-09-19 16:43:01

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Snake collector Matt Wilkinson of Portland grabbed a 20-inch rattler from the highway near Maupin, and three weeks later, to impress his ex-girlfriend, he stuck the serpent in his mouth.

He was soon near death with a swollen tongue that blocked his throat. Trauma doctors at the Oregon Health and Science University saved his life.

"You can assume alcohol was involved," he said. Actually, not just beer. It was something he called a "mixture of stupid stuff."

Calls from cable network television stations poured in Tuesday, when he still had sore muscles and nerves from the venom.

It happened at a barbecue with friends.

Wilkinson, 23, had downed a six-pack and his ex-girlfriend asked him for a beer. He handed her one, not realizing the snake was also in his hand.

"She said, 'Get that thing out of my face,"' Wilkinson said. "I told her it was a nice snake. 'Nothing can happen. Watch."'

So he stuck the snake in his mouth.

"It got a hold of my tongue," he said.

He was having breathing problems when his ex-girlfriend drove him to the hospital. "She was the only one sober," Wilkinson said.

En route, they spotted a police car and asked for help.

His next memory, he said, was waking up at the hospital.

Doctors could not get a breathing tube down his throat.

Dr. Richard Mullins cut a hole in Wilkinson's neck to insert the breathing tube. Physicians started giving antivenin, moved him to intensive care and kept him sedated until the swelling went down.

The Poison Control Center sees about 50 people a year with snake bites, usually hikers. Deaths from rattlesnake bites in Oregon are extremely rare.

Wilkinson, who works in construction, has yet to return to work. His three Western diamondback rattlers have been removed from his home.

He says co-workers have been pretty blunt.

"They were like, 'What the heck were you thinking?"' Wilkinson said.

The answer? "It's my own stupidity."

Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com

What a bonehead! Guys like this is why this thread will never die..... :)

You're right Kor! This thread will never die, although a few of the featured individuals may if they don't wise up. :)

Drunk Man Gets Trapped in Ex's Chimney

AP

Posted: 2007-09-19 18:24:36

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) - Firefighters had to tear though a wall to rescue an intoxicated man who became stuck while trying to climb down a chimney into the residence of his former girlfriend.

Alejandro Valencio said he was drunk when he got into the chimney about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday.

"Everyone do stupid things sometimes when they're drunk," he said.

Firefighters requested assistance from police after arriving because they said Connie Deweese was hampering the rescue effort by blocking the fireplace.

"I told them to leave him in the chimney and let him die," said Deweese, who received misdemeanor citations for disorderly conduct and interfering with a firefighter.

Deweese said she had known Valencio for about eight months but had told him to stay away from her residence. She said she locked the doors but "somehow he got to the roof."

"I've dated a lot of psychos in my life, but nobody like that," Deweese said.

Valencio returned to the residence after being treated at a hospital and was filmed by a local TV station as Deweese hit him with a garbage can and pelted him with bottles.

"Get off my porch, and don't you ever come back here," she yelled.

Valencio said he had a job and would help pay for the damages incurred from his rescue.

I would have LOVED to see the video of this woman hitting this guy with a garbage can and throwing bottles at him..... :)

West Virginia man accused of trying to flee from police while riding lawnmower drunk

AP

Posted: 2007-10-03 03:54:27

MARTINSBURG, West Virginia (AP) - A man accused of drunken driving tried to outrun the police, but his vehicle wasn't up to the task.

Michael Ginevan of Bunker Hill, West Virginia, was driving a riding lawnmower near his home when a Berkeley County sheriff's deputy attempted to pull him over. Ginevan, 39, allegedly sped away and Deputy J.H. Jenkins stopped his cruiser and gave chase on foot, according to magistrate court records.

Jenkins caught up to the lawnmower after a short chase but Ginevan allegedly wouldn't stop so the deputy pulled him off the machine. Ginevan refused to take a field sobriety test and was arrested. Jenkins then found a case of beer strapped to the lawnmower's front, court records show.

Ginevan was charged with fleeing while driving under the influence and obstructing an officer. He was being held Tuesday at the Eastern Regional Jail.

A person who answered the phone at the jail did not know whether Ginevan had hired an attorney. There was no telephone listing for Ginevan in the Bunker Hill area.

Am I the only one thinking about the theme song from "Deliverence" right now?.... :)

He didn't have a banjo on him, bu he did have "a case of beer strapped to the lawnmower's front." I wonder how soon the riding lawnmower producer's take to jump on that great idea and make it an option? :) (Of course, only an option in West Virginia and other select states) :lol:

Man Pleads Guilty to Taunting Police

AP

Posted: 2007-10-02 19:37:36

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) - A Colorado Springs man pleaded guilty to felony eluding in connection with a case in which he taunted authorities. Alexander Craig, 22, entered the plea on Monday in district court, saying that he was having a mental breakdown at the time.

Police received about 10 cell phone calls during a three-hour period in March, when Craig made statements like "I'm hammered ... come get me."

Some 20 officers tried for two hours to locate and capture Craig. They eventually found him near a grocery store and used a Taser during his arrest.

A 911 recording revealed Craig said he was too drunk to remember his own name, and taunted police because they couldn't find him.

Craig is free on $1,000 bond.

Sentencing is set for December 10th.

This guy must have been a real winner...... :)

Man Pleads Guilty to Taunting Police

AP

Posted: 2007-10-02 19:37:36

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) - A Colorado Springs man pleaded guilty to felony eluding in connection with a case in which he taunted authorities. Alexander Craig, 22, entered the plea on Monday in district court, saying that he was having a mental breakdown at the time.

Police received about 10 cell phone calls during a three-hour period in March, when Craig made statements like "I'm hammered ... come get me."

Some 20 officers tried for two hours to locate and capture Craig. They eventually found him near a grocery store and used a Taser during his arrest.

A 911 recording revealed Craig said he was too drunk to remember his own name, and taunted police because they couldn't find him.

Craig is free on $1,000 bond.

Sentencing is set for December 10th.

This guy must have been a real winner...... :)

And ironically it all started when he was mowing his lawn and drinking can after can of beer that was tied to the front of his riding lawnmower! :lol:

Man Swigs Beer, Flips 'Bird' After Chase

AP

Posted: 2007-10-04 16:51:40

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (AP) - William Joseph Galloway wrecked his pickup after leading deputies on a 115-mph chase and tossing beer cans out the window. So authorities weren't thrilled with the 26-year-old man's next move: swigging beer and giving them the middle finger.

Authorities said he told them "he was going to die fighting and swinging." But a Taser shock ended that threat.

The Winter Park resident was being held Thursday on $8,000 bail in the St. Johns County Jail. He was charged with driving under the influence, driving with a suspended or revoked license, aggravated fleeing, attempting to elude and resisting arrest without violence. No one was hurt.

The chase began about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday when a Florida Highway Patrol trooper began following a pickup truck with no headlights heading north on Interstate 95 in Flagler County.

Troopers and St. Johns County deputies said they watched the driver throw beer cans from the truck as it weaved in traffic at high speeds and in heavy rainfall. The pickup then spun off the road and crashed into a tree.

"The suspect rolled down his window and drank from a beer can while displaying his middle finger in defiance," the report said.

When Galloway would not get out of the truck and started to reach for his glove box, a deputy fired a 15-second Taser stun gun burst, the report said.

Galloway told deputies he would have fought them all if he had not been jolted with the Taser, the report said.

Rescue workers were called when Galloway passed out several times after telling officers he had been taking methamphetamine and drinking alcohol all day, the report said. After being taken to Flagler Hospital, he was booked into the county jail. Tests showed his blood-alcohol level was nearly twice the legal driving limit of 0.08 percent.

Jail officials did not know if he had an attorney.

Macho Macho Man.......... :)

Man Swigs Beer, Flips 'Bird' After Chase

AP

Posted: 2007-10-04 16:51:40

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (AP) -

Troopers and St. Johns County deputies said they watched the driver throw beer cans from the truck as it weaved in traffic at high speeds and in heavy rainfall. The pickup then spun off the road and crashed into a tree.

Macho Macho Man.......... :)

This hits a little too close to home - I work in St. Augustine - but I've been on vacation this week - thank goodness. The words "heavy rainfall" can't do justice to how much it has rained here in the last week. This guy sounds like an absolute menace.

Didn't St. Augustine make the list a few weeks back when a guy drove his car into a church?

Man Jailed for Trying to Pass $1M Bill

AP

Posted: 2007-10-09 08:04:12

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Change for a million? That's what a man was seeking Saturday when he handed a $1 million bill to a cashier at a Pittsburgh supermarket. But when the Giant Eagle employee refused and a manager confiscated the bogus bill, the man flew into a rage, police said.

The man slammed an electronic funds-transfer machine into the counter and reached for a scanner gun, police said.

Police arrested the man, who was not carrying identification and has refused to give his name to authorities. He is being held in the Allegheny County Jail.

Since 1969, the $100 bill is the largest note in circulation.

Police believe the $1 million note seized at the supermarket may have originated at a Dallas-based ministry. Last year, the ministry distributed thousands of religious pamphlets with a picture of President Grover Cleveland on a $1 million bill.

This appears on a US Treasury site, under Frequently Asked Questions:

What denominations of currency notes is the Treasury Department no longer printing?

On July 14, 1969, David M. Kennedy, the 60th Secretary of the Treasury, and officials at the Federal Reserve Board announced that they would immediately stop distributing currency in denominations of $500, $1,000, $5,000 and $10,000. Production of these denominations stopped during World War II. Their main purpose was for bank transfer payments. With the arrival of more secure transfer technologies, however, they were no longer needed for that purpose. While these notes are legal tender and may still be found in circulation today, the Federal Reserve Banks remove them from circulation and destroy them as they are received.

After reading the post in this thread I was sure I remembered seeing a $1000 bill in the early 1970's. And according to this answer, I probably did see legal currency that was subsequently destroyed by the Federal Reserve Banks.

DUI Defendant Caught Drinking Near Court

AP

Posted: 2007-10-16 22:45:34

MINDEN, Nev. (AP) - A man who was out on bail following a drunken driving arrest is back behind bars after he was caught drinking a 12-pack of beer on the Douglas County Courthouse lawn. Martin Ruiz asked the judge to release him on his own recognizance, promising not to drink another beer or drive.

But Judge Michael Gibbons set his bail at $100,000 on Monday, saying he was surprised Ruiz was released on recognizance the first time.

Ruiz was arrested in January shortly after his 21st birthday following an accident in which he, his passenger and the other driver were injured. He allegedly was driving 70 miles an hour down the twisting mountain road with a blood alcohol content of .104. The legal limit in Nevada is 0.8.

Gibbons said it would be "completely inappropriate" to release him on recognizance again.

:)

Cops Say Woman Wanted Ex's Coffee Spiked

AP

Posted: 2007-10-17 17:58:18

WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) - A woman bitter over her divorce asked her ex-husband's girlfriend to try to kill him by spiking his drink with cocaine, state police said.

Patricia A. Reiman knew her ex-husband, David, had a heart condition and believed spiking his drink with cocaine would cause "his heart to possibly explode and kill him," state Trooper Brad Eisenhower said.

The girlfriend, Anna Anae, told David Reiman of her conversations with his former wife and was cooperating with police.

Patricia Reiman allegedly gave the drug to Anae on Monday, police said.

On Tuesday, Anae called Patricia Reiman and said she had put the cocaine in David Reiman's coffee and that he was dead, Eisenhower said. The conversation was recorded, but police declined to describe Patricia Reiman's reaction to the false information.

Reiman, 42, was charged Tuesday with criminal solicitation to commit murder, criminal solicitation to commit aggravated assault, possession with intent to deliver cocaine and possession of cocaine. She was bitter over the divorce initiated by her ex-husband, police said.

She was being held in the county prison without bail. It wasn't clear if she had an attorney.

Information from: Williamsport Sun-Gazette, http://www.sungazette.com

She wanted to kill her ex-husband so she solicits the help of...........the ex-husband's girlfriend....yeah.....brilliant....

Thief Demands 185K Ransom For Cell Pnone, Goes To Jail Instead

Our thief didn't die, and therefore is not eligible for a Darwin award, but Randy-Jay Adolphos Jones is certainly someone who should be prevented from reproducing. The suspect indecently assaulted a Philadelphia woman as she exited her car in front of a friend's house in Lancaster County, PA around 1:00am. The woman squirmed free of her assailant's grasp but lost her purse -- with her cell phone in it -- to his grimy paws in the process.

Officer Jeff Gerhart arrived on the scene and got the woman to call her cell phone. Jones answered and demanded an absurd $185,000 ransom for the mobile phone. The woman quickly negotiated the ransom down to $200.

Jones agreed to meet the woman to collect his ransom and return the phone on a pedestrian walkway connected to Franklin and Marshall College. When Jones arrived on the scene, officers immediately surrounded him, guns drawn. The woman got her cell phone and her purse back and Jones is now in jail. During questioning Jones gave no explanation as to why he initially requested $185,000 for the return of the phone.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.switched...-07-babyboy.jpg

This guy doesn't look too bright either. Notice his eyes face two differrent directions..... :)

Suspected Robber Gets Stuck in Air Shaft

AP

Posted: 2007-10-23 17:57:16

SILVER SPRINGS SHORES, Fla. (AP) - A suspected thief trying to help himself to convenience store goods instead wound up crying for help after becoming stuck in an air shaft for 10 hours.

Jeffery Mumani, 25, was rescued Tuesday. He removed an air conditioning cover at a CVS store Monday night and tried to enter the store via the shaft but became trapped, Marion County Sheriff's Capt. James Pogue said. He began calling for help about 8 a.m. Tuesday.

It took firefighters an hour and a half to rescue Mumani, but he suffered only minor cuts and was in stable condition, Fire Rescue spokeswoman Heather Danenhower told the Orlando Sentinel.

He was being held on charges of violating his probation, but it was not clear if he had been charged in the latest incident, according to a spokeswoman at the Marion County jail.

Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com

Don't these guys ever learn? How many stories have there been where the same thing happens to the thief?..... :)