Sign in to follow this  
jdigs

Shatner in Novels

...I know he's back in the novels..

huh? sorry to completly change thge subject..feel free to move this post Altergeo or to PM me Roguedawg, this is just easier for more answers..Is Kirk back in the novels that follow Generations? I know they aren't considered Canon but I'm curious..Thx.

Congratulations jdigs, it's a thread! :laugh:

Shatner co-wrote himself back into the Trek saga with 7 novels so far that I know of;

Ashes of Eden

The Return

Avenger

Star Trek: Odyssey (contains all three novels above)

Spectre

Dark Victory

Preserver

The Captains Peril (I'm not sure about this one as a Kirk story)

I am on a mission to read all of Shatner's books I have read the first four and let me tell you whether they are cannon or not they are really good. So far my favorite has benn The Return that is such a great book.

I've read all of them except The Captains Peril. Actually, most of them are pretty good. If I remember right, at least a couple deal with the mirror universe.

No, they're not considered canon, but they're fun to read, especially if you enjoy TOS. Shatner manages to get most of the characters in there, as well as TNG characters. I believe all of them are co-written with Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens.

Alterego! :laugh::laugh: Thx Bro, much appreciated..and thanks for the info Kirk, Indy.

You're Welcome jdigs! :laugh: A.

<----Proud new Commodore, a personal achievement I had placed for myself.

Alterego!  :bow:  :dude:  Thx Bro, much appreciated..and thanks for the info Kirk, Indy.

<----Proud new Commodore, a personal achievement I had placed for myself.

No problem and congrats by the way. I'm currently working on the same thing.

I've read all of Shatner's novels and loved all of them except "Captain's Peril." That book was more of a murder mystery with Kirk and Picard playing detectives. I just couldn't get in to it.

I've read all of Shatner's novels and loved all of them except "Captain's Peril."  That book was more of a murder mystery with Kirk and Picard playing detectives.  I just couldn't get in to it.

Stardate:213622.7

Same here it just wasnt as good as the others.My favorite is Dark Victory.I love the whole mirror universe arc with Tiberious.I cant wait for the next one to come out.I espcially like the idea how the whole series is based on what Kirk said in Star Trek V."I've always known i would die alone"