Sign in to follow this  
master_q

(The Trek to 2007 Stars Here) New Year Chat

New Year Chat

@ StarTrekFans.net

12.30.06 @ 6 PM ET.

Join Star Trek fans from around the universe (and Q continuum) as we geek out in the StarTrekFans.net chat room.

Requirements to Join: Must bring one virtual party snack. Do not forget.

(master_q is bringing some Klingon Blood Wine.)

250px-Tv_ds9_kor.jpg

klingonmacarena01a.gif

(^Click)

Edited by master_q

I will do my best to make it

I will bring Earl Grey Tea HOT

And as a special treat Gaugh

I will try to make it.

And if I can I will bring some Ferengi treats:

Ferengi Starduster

A fruity, fizzy drink popular with Ferengi as well as other alien races.

Flaked Blood Fleas

Ferengi delicacy; eaten mostly as an appetizer or snack.

Spore Pie

Ferengi delicacy, made with spores from various indigenous Ferengi plant life, with a flaky grub dust crust. Available at many Replimats including Deep Space 9.

Yum!

Jokes!? How can I eat or drink those in the virtual chat room? :laugh:

Alright, Picard, we will be counting on you to bring in a series of jokes. Have them at hand, at the door.

Jokes!? How can I eat or drink those in the virtual chat room? :laugh:

Alright, Picard, we will be counting on you to bring in a series of jokes. Have them at hand, at the door.

No problem Q-atan!

I will try to remember to showup this time. :laugh:

Happy New Year

I will remember to bring my emotion chip.

As usual, the chat will be an open free for all. You will be at the helm!

But here are a few possible topics (or activities):

1. Star Trek, of course. (What have you been watching lately?)

2. Predictions for 2007. Bring one or two! I will record them and post them up on the boards, if they are good (or entertaining).

3. Sci-Fi and Higher Dimensions! Because I expect everyone to be about drunk (hell Roy is half the time :( ), this may be difficult. But we can "build" a fourth dimensional hypercube. (More on this in the chat...plus about the wonderful mathematician who wrote extensively on this topic even for the laymen.) But I am probably the only nut who would consider this fun. lol

:laugh: :( :hug: :( :alien: :lol:

As usual, the chat will be an open free for all. You will be at the helm!

But here are a few possible topics (or activities):

1. Star Trek, of course. (What have you been watching lately?)

2. Predictions for 2007. Bring one or two! I will record them and post them up on the boards, if they are good (or entertaining).

3. Sci-Fi and Higher Dimensions! Because I expect everyone to be about drunk (hell Roy is half the time :( ), this may be difficult. But we can "build" a fourth dimensional hypercube. (More on this in the chat...plus about the wonderful mathematician who wrote extensively on this topic even for the laymen.) But I am probably the only nut who would consider this fun. lol

:laugh: :( :hug: :( :alien: :lol:

Sorry I missed you in the chat room just now... I was getting my list of jokes ready...

I should be able to make this chat..That is if Antares isn't attacked by the Borg..

I'll bring a bottle of SpaceTigger's Romulan Ale.. drunk.gif

For some reason I cannot access the chatroom. I get Java loading and a red X. Dammit!

We are in there now. Come on down!

(We have a usually large number in the chat room.)

For some reason I cannot access the chatroom. I get Java loading and a red X. Dammit!

Do you have all the latest downloads/updates on your computer, Data? At the bottom of the screen there is a "Live Chat Help" ..... maybe this will help

Thanks for coming. It was a good chat. :( Happy New Year.

Just sending the link to a good laymen article on a fourth dimensional hypercube, with little in-depth discussion on the topic in the chat room, resulted in reactions of horror! As I was chatting with Mrs.Picard, we have to get rid of the numerophobia that so many have! (Yes...that is a real word.)

(Hmmmm...You would think that talk of Charles Hinton and the fourth dimension would be a lot more fun then your average math discussion.)

And my thank you to Alterego for sending out a mass email. Thank you, sir! :laugh:

It was a fun chat..Sorry I had to leave abruptly at the end.. I was having trouble with the chat room and I had to reboot my computer..

Happy New Year everybody.. :laugh:

This chat was very fun. Thanks SpaceTigger, Indy, AE and all who helped organize and publicize it. Thanks to everyone who dropped by. If you didn't, try the next one.

Special Thanks of course to Master_q!

Happy New Year to all!

Edited by trekz

You was not the only one..i updated,took IE7 off and put IE6 back on,tryed FireFox and a number other things but in the end i gave up :( ..sounds like i missed a good chat :( as long as you all had fun thats the main thing!! :laugh:

I was going to come to the chat, but our music gig ran until 5pm and after tear down we did not head out of the venue until 5:30. Add time for dinner, and then it was probably too late. Plus I run IE7 & Firefox, so I do not know if I would have been abled to get into the chatroom. I have not been in the chatroom for a long while now, so I am not sure if I can still get to the room or not.

Edited by Yillara_Skye

Why is the chatroom suddenly such a big problem? I hope somebody can fix whatever the problem is so we can have another chat with even more people.

It was indeed a very enjoyable chat and I'm glad so many people showed up. So Star Trek chats don't need to be dead!! We proved that yesterday!

I'm running IE7 and had no problem entering the chat. It froze once and I had to close and reenter but I think that had more to do with my huge Photoshop program and a couple other things being open at the same time. I had no further problems after that.

I would've liked to have tried to do a New Year Chat but alas was at my brother's in Dallas Texas for 2 days before going to Las Vegas for the rest of my holidays ("Dec 26-Jan 2")and there was no internet connection.