Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

Up coming Star Trek Conventions

For those of you who live in North Carolina, just wanted to let you know that there are two Star Trek conventions coming up soon. These conventions are done by Slanted Fedora. Having been to one of their conventions in the past, I can say that they are well worth the money. You can go to their web site directly by accessing: slantedfedora.com

At any rate the two conventions of which I speak include one in Winston-Salem on August 23rd at the Adams Mark Hotel; the other is in Raleigh at the Brownstone Hotel/Holiday Inn. The featured guests at both include: Robert Picard, the Doctor on Voyager, Ethan Phillips who played Neelix on Voyage, Peter Mayhew who played Chewbacca in Star Wars, and Rich Searfoss a NASSA commander of one of the space shuttles.

I live in North Carolina, and want these conventions to grow. We need 150 attendees for Slanted Fedora to return next year. :laugh::laugh:

Seeing as though I was born and raised in NC and I want to see other events and conventions to start coming to NC I think that I will have to try and make it to at least one of the conventions. But I can not promise anything.

For those of you who live in North Carolina, just wanted to let you know that there are two Star Trek conventions coming up soon.  These conventions are done by Slanted Fedora.  Having been to one of their conventions in the past, I can say that they are well worth the money.  You can go to their web site directly by accessing: slantedfedora.com

At any rate the two conventions of which I speak include one in Winston-Salem on August 23rd at the Adams Mark Hotel; the other is in Raleigh at the Brownstone Hotel/Holiday Inn.  The featured guests at both include: Robert Picard, the Doctor on Voyager, Ethan Phillips who played Neelix on Voyage, Peter Mayhew who played Chewbacca in Star Wars, and Rich Searfoss a NASSA commander of one of the space shuttles.

I live in North Carolina, and want these conventions to grow.  We need 150 attendees for Slanted Fedora to return next year. :laugh:  :laugh:

If it wasn't August 23rd I'd be there. As it is I will be attending the Alabama Farewell Tour in Virginia Beach that day.

they cost way too much

True conventions do cost quite a bit of money to goto, but they are well worth it. I went to a convention is Vegas when I was in the Navy and I had a blast. Now it was the big convention so it was really expensive but it was well worth the money. I'm pretty sure if you go to one you'll see what I mean.

I'm planning on going to a convection next March in London go to get the ticket before they up at the end of the month. This will be the first time I've never been to convection, but I have been the Star Trek Adventure exhibition last year, which was cool.

they cost way too much

The cost is $10 when tickets are ordered ahead of time. At the door tickets are $15.00.........Personally I think that's a steal. :dude:

The cost is $10 when tickets are ordered ahead of time.  At the door tickets are $15.00.........Personally I think that's a steal. :dude:

That’s cheap! Here it costs £35 (about $50) in advance and £45 (about $70) on the door for one day. For the weekend £65 (about $100) in advance and £75 (about $110) on the door for the weekend.