Doctor Who is the best example of British television sci-fi and has been totally dumped by the BBC after that terrible television movie. I like Doctor Who because it is different to other sci-fi shows (unlike the many Star Trek or Star Wars rip-offs that can be seen) and I think it would still be able to find a place in the current market if it were to have the right actors, directors, producers and a large enough budget to compete with the popular trash that is spat out today such as the very poor series called Buffy or Angel (what a load of rubbish! But perhaps that has no weight from a person who believes that warp drive will one day be a reality).

Anyway, I just wanted to get your opinions on Doctor Who and if you think it should come back with a new series. Many thanks.

I would be all for a new series or movies for Dr. Who.The trick would be in the execution of them, depending on how well the storys were written (the special EFX would be a sinch) but without the proper story(s) it would become another Hollywood bomb.

Hey I liked the television movie. It worked off the established history and not the rejected script where The Doctor and Master were really brothers and Daleks were just like Cyberman. But I do agree with you that it would be great to have Dr Who back on the airwaves again. Maybe in a form of a direct to video or a really really low budget public television production. Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean) did a parody not too long ago, I haven't seen it but other Dr Who fans I've talked to say it's pretty good.

I would be more in favour in seeing Paul McGann again in a television series with a fair budget. However, like Alterego stated, this should not go before good scripts and story lines. As far as the TV Movie working from the established history of the show, I would say that it strayed enough for it not to matter if they had continued with the original script, I mean, the Doctor is half human, what a load of continuity killing rubbish. On the positive side, I thought that the action element did remarket the show to the modern audience who by now have become accustomed to the random and crass violence seen in Buffy.

If Who is made again it needs to be a prime time show with the ability to compete with shows such as Buffy or Stargate SG1, low budget stuff looks fine when you put it into perspective of the time it was made, but to appeal to the mass audience of today you have to have better special effects and sets that don't move when someone touches it. BUT quality must always be there in the scripts, which is why TOS rules over the world of sci-fi.

I love the original and would love to see a new one. The movie at least had him with two hearts...

If we could get a new version with at least one, we would be doing good.

I really miss Doctor Who. I would like to see new episodes. I wonder who would be the next Doctor.