Sign in to follow this  
crud3w4re

Federation offline?

I was wondering if there's anyone that would be interested in a real life real life Federation project? Not like fan clubs, but movements that 'act' as if they're the Federation? If not, that would be so cool. Alot of people would be interested in that [including me] As the federation is about equality and dismantling traditional forms of wealth, it fits in really well with my views. I'm not saying a replica of the Federation, an organization that is based on the Federation.

The only real life example I can think of that would be similar would be micronations, thousands do exist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micronation

I'm a citizen of "The Empire of Aerica" and there's like 100 citizens altogether in there, but yeah, I wish there was one based on the Star Trek federation

Basically the Federation allowed anyone to join voluntarily, so it would be like an open membership world movement, a government, an economy that runs like it, just basically a compilation of everything.

I think it would be a good idea to drop the Star Trek races, they're cool, but not realistic. What does everyone think? I tried to google thing, just surprised no more hardcore fan never thought about starting up something like this.

BTW The Next Generation was my favorite :P

The actual economy of the Federation is something called "PARECON" :assimilated:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Participatory_economics

Enjoy! :P

Edited by crud3w4re

Basically the Federation allowed anyone to join voluntarily

The Federation didn't let just anyone join. They had certain criteria one of which was that the civilization had to be warp-capable. There were other criteria as well but I've forgotten what they are. There was an episode or two of TNG where a planet was denied membership. Also, in the TOS episode "Journey To Babel", there was a huge debate over whether to allow the planet Corridan to join up.

One criteria had to be that the planet was united in peace. The TNG episode you referred to was The Hunted. The Attached also dealt with that as it was mentioned how unusual it was for the Federation to consider a planet that was not united.

Basically the Federation allowed anyone to join voluntarily

The Federation didn't let just anyone join. They had certain criteria one of which was that the civilization had to be warp-capable. There were other criteria as well but I've forgotten what they are. There was an episode or two of TNG where a planet was denied membership. Also, in the TOS episode "Journey To Babel", there was a huge debate over whether to allow the planet Corridan to join up.

Yeah, I agree with Kor.