Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Fan or Fanatic

Fan or Fanatic?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Fan or Fanatic?

• Fanatic - I like all Trek and I watch everyone of the series entirely.
    • Fan - I am a fan but I like certain series and cast better than others and have not regularly watched certain series that I find less to my tastes.

I would call myself a fan of Star Trek but I only tend to enjoy TOS, TNG and Enterprise. I find the other series of less interest and while I have watched several episodes of VOY and DS9, but I would not call myself a fan of these instalments and would not buy any merchandise (i.e. VHS/DVDs) from these.

I am merely a Fan

- I am a fan but I like certain series and cast better than others and have not regularly watched certain series that I find less to my tastes.

I am a TNG fan, and most importantly a fan of Data and Brent Spiner. I love the series and the character, but I like so many other things and people that I could not be counted as a fanatic. I also like catching TOS from time to time too.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I voted for Fanatic, although I havent had a chance to see all of the episodes. I have read a lot on startrek.com, and LOVE them. The series that I was hooked on is VOY and now ENT.

I vote for fanatic. I have seen every movie and all episode of every series except TOS, because it not on T.V here, I've tried. I have been the Adventure and have finally talked my parents into taking me to a convention. I get Star Trek Monthly every month and have all Star Trek the fact files. I record the episodes of Sky 1 and re-watch them and never miss a new episode. I have my own Star Trek RPG and love to talk about Star Trek. I have to see the movies and buy the DVD when they first come out over here.

:lol: As much as I would have liked to vote fanatic I could not, although I have watched and recorded every episode of every series (does that make me a fanatic?) there is one series I feel could have been more but fell short of my expectations and as a result I cannot say I love them all. <_<

I'm a fanatic. <_< I loved TNG and have enjoyed every series since. Haven't seen much of TOS, thank goodness for season sets come 2005! :lol:

NOTE: I'm not the kind to watch 5 episodes a day or whatever, but I do intend on watching every episode of each show except the few duds per series. :lol:

I voted Fanatic. If you saw my home you would know why!..Star Trek stuff everywhere!..I watch and like all Trek series and Movies..There are some DS9 and Voyager episodes that I haven't seen yet but I'll get to watch them..Thank God for DVD season sets!

Wait.  If all you have are season sets, movies, and soundtracks...  does that still make you a fanatic? <_<

I think so but that's just me..What's the difference between a Fan and a Fanatic?..Seems to me it's a thin line..Isn't a Fanatic someone who is crazy over something and can't get enough of that one particular thing?..It's open to interpertation I think..

I voted fan. I have seen every TOS episode multiple times, and I saw all the Trek movies on opening night at the theatres. I went back to the theater at least twice for the first 6 movies (my record is 5 times for TWOK). The Next Gen movies I only went to the theatre once. I watched the Next Generation and Voyager on TV but I haven't seen every single episode. I didn't care for DS9 and so far Enterprise hasn't impressed me. I do own a model of the bridge of the original Enterprise complete with a tiny Kirk, Spock and Sulu. I DO NOT own a Starfleet uniform or pointed ears.

Based on the definitions provided I voted Fan. I LOVE TNG and Enterprise and I have enjoyed the episodes of Voyager that I have seen. When DS9 was originally on it wasn't my cup of tea but I'm looking forward to it being on TNN next year so I can re-evaluate the series.

So far, I've enjoyed Every Series and Movie.

I'm Seen All Episodes Of Every Ended Show, cept for a Few Of Voyager I missed when UPN was taken away from my Area :laugh:

But Now I Have UPN Back, Been Catching Up On Season 2 Of Enterprise...still only seen "Broken Bow" From Season 1 though.

I also Collect Star Trek "Junk". Books, Action Figures, Magazines, Shirts etc, etc...

Fanatic :laugh:

Borderline Fan/Fanatic. I voted Fanatic but now I think I'm more of a fan...

I have only seen a couple of TOS shows but I do watch the TOS movies.

I watch TNG episodes when I can and I makea special effort for movies when they are on TV, though I don't bother to watch them in a cinema or buy them.

I LOVE DS9 and I am in the process of buying all the DVD sets.

I make a special effort to watch all the VOY shows on TV, though I probably will not buy the DVD sets.

Same goes for ENT.

I am engaged in a Star Trek RPG and I'm looking out for Star Trek books.

Borderline...

There aren't set values for being a Fan and a Fanatic. On the description given in the poll I would rate myself as a Fanatic however using my own evaluation of what it means to be a Fan and a Fanatic I would rate myself as a Fan.

Fanatic!

For years, no one could stump me on TOS trivia and i even love ST:TMP! Books, movies, fan fiction, pictures... and when it comes to Data is closer to obsession. I've loved Trek for a huge chunk of my life and i don't see that EVER changing.

According to those definitions, I am a fanatic. I've watched all the series from the time they started, including TOS. I have enjoyed every series and all the movies. But I have a life outside of Trek, too. :laugh:

Well I am really fanatic :laugh:

I watch all series, even if I like TNG a little more than the others. But I try to record all episodes of all series and never to miss one...

Call me fanatic :laugh::laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Stardate:213614.9

I am just a fan.Regretfully i havent seen that much of TOS but what i did see i liked.So i am simply a fan:lowers head and hides:

Hard choice, but I probably have to go with just fan. I like all the shows, but the only 2 I've seen every episode of are TOS and TNG. I've missed about half of DS9 and VOY (although I love VOY and want to get caught up), and I've only seen 3 episodes of Enterprise. And I can't say I really like all the movies. So fan for me.

According to those definitions, I am a fanatic.  I've watched all the series from the time they started, including TOS.  I have enjoyed every series and all the movies.  But I have a life outside of Trek, too. :dude:

It's the same with me.

I know every episode of each series but I taped only some of them. I bought some movies and certain episodes.

I also bought the the DVDs of the movies I love. But I won't buy the rest.

I'm also sure that I won't by the TNG DVDs, but Im thinking about the Picard Special. I love all the Picard/Borg stuff.

I have a lot of TOS books and almost eachDS9 book and of course I buy each ENT book as soon as it is published.

You can also meet me each year at the Fedcon convention in Germany, but only for 1 day and not for the whole weekend. But you will never see me in an uniform.

Therefore I would call myself a big fan, but I have so many other things in my life (since my husband and most of my friends have nothing in sense with Startrek) that I do not see me as fanatic.

Just a casual fan.I'll watch the shows if I have the time.I follow Enterprise pretty well,and as yet have missed only an episode or two.I don't really care for Voyager or TNG,but occasionally watch all or part of a show if its on tv.I don't collect any of the related merchandise...no action figures,no VHS/DVDs,no books,etc.The only sci-fi show I make an effort to watch everytime its on is Lexx.Personally,I think Xenia Seeberg would've made a better T'Pol than Jolene.... :dude: Too bad Xenia wasn't offered the part.

I would have to say fanatic I could almost resite every line of star trek 2 and 4 and I have seen every episode except one or two of enterprise but I do have them on tape I have even a model colection of starships and I would really like to some day do the relient like it looks at the end of star trek 2 I just don't have the skill right now and right now I am even putting in all seven years of voyager on disk and when thats done I will start with one of the other shows

:) Hmmmm.....I'd have to go with "Fan". I watched each series with a critical eye. I loved ST:TOS for it's originality and the creation of the fan base. Each series that followed had something new and interesting to add which made tham all great, but some episodes weren't worth watching more than once due to poor acting, bad dialogue, too many personal issues (not a bad thing, but boring), or low-grade special effects. I don't "hate" any series, but I lean more towards TOS, and TNG than the others. I don't want to get anyone peeved about this post so, in advance, I apologize to anyone who feels I've done Trek an injustice. :)