Sign in to follow this  
trekzone

My Ego

Do you think Star Trek needs a new series?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Star Trek needs a new series?

• Yes
    • No
    • Just an improvement on Ent
    • Not affected either way..

Hey guys, i guess you could say i have one big ego.

in an e-mail to the President of Paramount Pictures today, i wrote:

Dear Mr. President,

I beleive I have found a way to save 30 years of science fiction tradition.  As you are probably aware "Enterprise" is not getting high ratings, due to this I assume that you are likely to cancel the show.

Now, in my opinion (from an Australia Trekkie point of view) this is exactly what happened with The Original Series, it was circa 2220 and there wasnt alot of interest (granted, it wasnt well known).  However, now that Enterprise has been going for 2 full years (well, 1 and a half in Oz) it is not receiving enough ratings.  There is one common thread: the era of the show.

I beleive that what Star Trek needs to maintain the 30 years of continual support is a fresh series.  A new beginning.  I have that solution for you, even though it is currently my own personal Fan Fiction, I beleive it has the potential to become something more, there are two main reasons for this:

1) It is set after the successful "Voyager" (~2 years) return, involving everyones favorite "The Borg" as well as thread lines from the 2160's era (10 years after Enterprise).  It also contains some plot lines from the Deep Space 9 war with the Dominion.

2)  It is set in the 2380's, which has the advantage of being "technologicaly advanced".  New technology can be brought in, and because it is set after all of the previous series, there is no risk of continuity problems (star trek timeline).

I have no agent, no lawyers, i am simply a 16 year old Australian boy trying to save one of my favourite shows from cancelleation.

If you are interested in further information, please reply to me.  Or you can visit my website and view the first 6 plots... (www.trekzone.org)

Sincerley,

Matthew Miller

--------------------------------------------------------------------

TREKZONE.org <- Communities & Multimedia

www.trekzone.org <- Top 4 Star Trek Websites

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, you cant blam me for trying.

I dont know the full extent of the rating plummet in the US, but from the news sources its pretty bad.

View the first 6 episode synopses here....

PM me if you think im mad and need to be shot, or reply with comments!

NOTE: This is the biggest undertaking of my life!

Good Luck. Hope paramount will start accept Trekkies fans scripts and ideas to improve the show like they use to. Us fans have a lot of good ideas, as I have seen when reading the Series 6 thread in the ten forward areas. If only paramount would listen to use. Ratings for all shows are dropping because of the introduction of reality T.V and I show it not set to be cancelled.

I wish you the best of luck, trekzone, but don't get your hopes up. The main reason Paramount won't accept ideas or scripts from fans is that today's society is completely litigation happy. Way back when, when Star Trek did accept scripts from fans, they began to get calls from lawyers. These lawyers wanted to get paid because a recently broadcast episode featured a character that had the same initials as a character featured in a script submitted by his client....you get the picture. As long as there are ambulance chasing lawyers, Paramount will not accept fan submitted scripts or story ideas. Sorry!

Lets just hope that they realise that I am interested in saving the series and tradition, and not trying to get them sued! (one can only hope, though).....

Anyhoo, ill keep you posted with replies from the President.

Good luck Trekzone I hope that they listen to you I have a few ideas that I wouldn't mind giving them as well.

sure trek needs a new series a few years after enterprise, but not anythime before that. it would make another voy/ds9 situation.

but thats a good idea trekzone. keep it up and maybe you will get an answer.

Yes, but wasnt the VOY/DS9 situation a good one? Although i cant speak for the american experience, i know that every month was tense, waiting for the next 4 episodes to come out, and then staying up until midnite on a Friday watching them.

There are the pros and cons yeah, but Enterprise is getting nowhere.

OOOOO! I'm going to go to the ENT forum and post now (ideas!!!!)

Again : thanks for the support...

if they would just sindacate enterprise i think the ratings would go up not everybody has upn I just got it in the last season of voyager but good luck getting your storys in.

interesting people, however i think Australia needs a Paramount division, i mean we've hit the movie industry with Sydney......... do you reckon "Paramount Australia" could make a series?

sure trek needs a new series a few years after enterprise, but not anythime before that. it would make another voy/ds9 situation.

If by this you mean they should not have two series going at the same time I partly disagree. Imo, when TNG and DS9 were running at the same time, those were the heydays of Trek, I loved it. I said partly because the magic of two concurrent series was lost when it was DS9 and VOY. I wonder why they did not pull it off successfully the second time...

maybe because TNG and DS9 were in the same quadrant???? Voyager was too far away. Although i think instead of the MIDAS array making all the contact, the Defiant could've gone into the gamma quadrant and made closer contact.

Which way did VOY go????

I once e-mailed John Ashcroft (it was a respectful e-mail,I like him,afterall)...

:dude:

my folks were convinced he was going to find some reason to have me "locked away" for writing him...

:lol:

I occasionally still look out for Men In Black.... :clap:

Its too late to expect another series.If Enterprise doesn't turn some heads and pull in some more viewers,Star Trek is done. think we had all better pray for an improvement to Enterprise.