Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Pea-Flavored Soda Unveiled For The Holidays

Pea-Flavored Soda Unveiled for Holiday

Reuters

SEATTLE (Nov. 21) - After introducing the world to new soda flavors like fish taco and salmon, Seattle specialty beverage maker Jones Soda Co. is offering a new flavor: Green pea.

Green pea, along with other unusual sodas such as turkey and gravy, dinner roll, sweet potato and antacid flavor, will be part of the company's $10 to $15 "holiday pack" of bottled drinks available nationwide.

Peter van Stolk, chief executive of Jones Soda, said on Monday the collection of strange-flavored sodas usually sells out quickly, even though he can not stomach the drinks. Past flavors included broccoli casserole, corn on the cob and Brussel sprout.

"Why people buy it is beyond me. I can't drink a bottle of this stuff," said van Stolk.

Jones Soda, which sells traditional sodas alongside more exotic flavors like fufu berry and green apple, first introduced the holiday soda pack in 2003, gaining notoriety for its turkey and gravy flavor soda.

"We have the market share leader in turkey-flavored beverages," said van Stolk. "We know we can't compete with Coke or Pepsi by playing their game, but we know they're not going to come out with a turkey flavor or antacid flavor."

Asked if there were any flavors that were off limits, van Stolk said he put his foot down when it came to curried chicken flavor.

"Fish taco was just nasty and we tried curried chicken. That was just wrong," he said.

.....Oh.....I thought it said pee-flavored soda....... :blink:

"Why people buy it is beyond me. I can't drink a bottle of this stuff," said van Stolk.

These people need help..

The local grocery market sells a couple dozen different flavors of Jones soda.

I've tried most of them. So far I only like the Green Apple and Cream. Can't imagine I'll like Green Pea. But what the heck. It's just a dollar. I might try it.

There is no way in or on this green earth that I will ever try these sodas! Pea flavored??? I like peas, but I do not like pea soup. So I cannot imagine that I will enjoy that drink.

I cannot even think of even trying any of those sodas without feeling like I am going to throw up.

I will stick to Sierra Mist, and sometimes be forced with drinking Sprite. Those are safe sodas. Uhhh, at least until I can get ahold of the Green Apple Jolly Ranchers Soda. I got a bottle once on the way to Sebring, FL, and it was awesome. I will definately take Green Apple soda over Pea soda any day!

Personally I have an idea of putting the taste of chai in sodas although I know Monster already has something like that in energy drink form: Chai Hai.

Honestly, I'd try it myself although there's (definitely) no guarantee that I will like it.

At least its not pee flavored saoda......... :rolleyes:

To me, they're both equally unappetizing. 9.gif

:angry:

At least its not pee flavored saoda......... :rolleyes:

To me, they're both equally unappetizing. 9.gif

:angry:

I know some people who would find pea-flavored soda nasty, but pee-flavored... you don't wanna know.