Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Series 6

Let's assume ENT turns arround, becomes successful to run 7. Then we get a 3-year-break from Trek on TV to develope Series 6. What would you like the new show to be about?

Here's my idea:

It's the year 2289, the Federation has only been arround for about 30 years. A civilian ship looking for an alien world to colonize encounters a Starfleet ship from the future, nearly destroyed from damage, but still intact as far as it's shape goes. The name U.S.S. ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-E is discovered on the hull. After they send a team over to invistigate, they make way to the bridge which has been protected via force fields. They find a dead old man on the floor, the other bodies no longer recognisable. They enter his office and find a message. "This is Captain Picard of the Federation starship Enterprise. Whoever finds this message, we succeeded in going back in time, but it seems none of us survived. A new threat will destroy all life in our galaxy, a threat which has resulted from the Temporal Cold War. All we knos is that they came from a distant galaxy, far beyond the M33 galaxy, only visited once by the Enterprise-D, a place where thought, energy, and matter become one. For the sake of the future, you must find this threat in your time or it's all over. Not even the Q could stop then. All you need to do is conta... No! Stop! That'll be the day!" Picard fires his phaser, alien screams are heard, Picard leaps from his chair, then the message goes to static and finally ends. This ship begins using their supplies to refit for deep space travel while the crew prepares on a voyage to save the future!

The opening titles bring back the "Star Trek" monolouge.

"Space, the final frontier. At least it was untill our galaxy was destroyed 200 years from now. The voyage of the Sovereign Endeavor... to explore strange new worlds, new civilizations... to seek out time travelers... and to preven a horrific future that will end all life." (does this sound OK?)

Well, that's my idea. What's yours?

I really like the name of the ship, the Sovereign Endeavor. The tag line needs some re-wording, but the concept is good.

So, civilians find this ship, so is Starfleet not involved? How can you have a Star Trek series without Starfleet? Or do the civilians just notify Starfleet and they take over from there?

Well, I forgot to add a few things. For one, they find a dieing man from the 31st century. He was trying to save the Enterprise, but he explains to them that they can't contact Starfleet, they can't do anything that would contaminate the timeline. He tells them where his shuttle is and demands they take it with them. Stargate is doing a non-military spin-off, so why not have a non-Starfleet Star Trek spin-off, eh?

No offense, but I would HATE that series. Way too morbid. I DO NOT WANT THE ENTIRE TNG CREW TO DIE!!!

Anyways, how about something on an planet base. That would bring a much needed variation to Star Trek, just as DS9 did.

No offense, but I would HATE that series. Way too morbid. I DO NOT WANT THE ENTIRE TNG CREW TO DIE!!!

Well, if they succeed in saving the future, the TNG crew never dies and the Enterprise is never destroyed. That's "part" of the future they're trying to avoid. :laugh:

Anyways, how about something on an planet base. That would bring a much needed variation to Star Trek, just as DS9 did.

But how do you 'seek out new life and civilizations' if you're on a planet? To me, that wouldn't be Star Trek either. It worked for DS9 because it was on a space station and we always saw different species. I don't think it would work on a planet.

Well, I was just thinking. A "planet" idea might work, but only if it's a colony so they can be "explorring this alien world". However, it could easilly turn into Dawson's Creek with aliens, so I'd like to see it "planned" to only last 3 or 4 seasons. We have a nice planet show for a few years, then can move on to another series with us back in space. :laugh:

The more I think about a new series the more I like the idea of following up on the colonization of space. Maybe they could even do one of those rotating series that were around in the 70's. Maybe one week there could be an episode on Colony A, the next week a cargo ship and the next week on Colony B.

If Star Trek really wants to keep up with social commentary I think the conflicts of setting up a new society would be great material. Rotating between the colonies and the ship would give some variety - especially of the colonies were based on very different charters.

Your idea is very confusing. Rotating between 3 "shows" all within one show? I don't think that'd work for STAR TREK. They should make up their minds, either base it on a ship or planet. However, if it's on a planet, there won't be any explorration being done, which is the whole point of the fanchise "to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations". You can't do that on a planet. This is why I think a "planet based" series should be set to last 3 or 4 seasons.

Your idea is very confusing.  Rotating between 3 "shows" all within one show?  I don't think that'd work for STAR TREK.  They should make up their minds, either base it on a ship or planet.  However, if it's on a planet, there won't be any explorration being done, which is the whole point of the fanchise "to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations".  You can't do that on a planet.  This is why I think a "planet based" series should be set to last 3 or 4 seasons.

You are probably too young to remember the type of shows I was talking about but they were all connected by a theme - and the characters could crossover but the emphasis was on a different group each week.

I think if you're going to do a show about a colony it is the only way it would work - too limited otherwise.

As far as the franchise being based on exploration. I think exploring the human condition was a main part of Roddenberry's goal. Space was just the backdrop. Again the birth of a new colony, setting up the government, resolving conflicts, and allocating resources are great material for studying the human condition. If TOS was the "wagon train to the stars" then the new colony is the "pioneer settlement"

My Series Six Idea

I have several ideas. Tonight I will share one of them.

For some unknown reason space becomes fragmented. In other words, the galaxy becomes rearranged in a random fashion - sections of space are transposed leaving Earth next to regions of space that were once part of a completely different region of the galaxy.

The reason I think this would work is because Earth and Starfleet are much too comfy in the future. They have assembled a mighty "Federation" but now that some worlds and species are in different areas and new unknown ones have taken their place, Earth and Starfleet would have new first contacts, new threats, and new allies.

Of course not everything is completely changed so that we would still get to see some of the core aliens.

Another aspect that would be interesting with this show is that people would have to deal with that fact that certain things are gone, such as the unlucky federation ships that got moved with a sector. It would add to the drama appeal.

It would also give everyone a common goal: figure out what happened and find out if there is a way to return things to normal.

Also, in the later years of the series perhaps they could get close to finding a solution to returning the arrangement of space back to normal. But then they would have to grapple with the fact that people have taken up new lives and friendships etc. since everything was changed. Would it be right to move everything back?

So, what do you think?

Here is what the newly arranged galaxy might look like in the series. Just to clear up the confusion as to what I mean by a fragmented galaxy. Because I could not seem to get an image to appear in the post even though the link was correct I will just give you the address.

Series Six Fragmented Galaxy Diagram

Your idea is very confusing.  Rotating between 3 "shows" all within one show?  I don't think that'd work for STAR TREK.  They should make up their minds, either base it on a ship or planet.  However, if it's on a planet, there won't be any explorration being done, which is the whole point of the fanchise "to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations".  You can't do that on a planet.  This is why I think a "planet based" series should be set to last 3 or 4 seasons.

You are probably too young to remember the type of shows I was talking about but they were all connected by a theme - and the characters could crossover but the emphasis was on a different group each week.

I think if you're going to do a show about a colony it is the only way it would work - too limited otherwise.

As far as the franchise being based on exploration. I think exploring the human condition was a main part of Roddenberry's goal. Space was just the backdrop. Again the birth of a new colony, setting up the government, resolving conflicts, and allocating resources are great material for studying the human condition. If TOS was the "wagon train to the stars" then the new colony is the "pioneer settlement"

That's cool and all, but this is why I don't like shows like "The Outer Limits". I'm not drawn into a show where it's different people every week. I'd only be willing to watch if it were the same cast of characters. I'm not close minded to the idea, I just watch very little TV and know what I like. :laugh:

Anywho, if they do a colony, I'm all for it, but if they turn it into Dawson's Creek or whatever... I've got EVERWOOD for that, so I'd be turned off fast.

CJLP, I understand your point of view - and if I had a character I liked I'd probably want to see the every week as well. Just to point out this isn't like Outer Limits - the characters remain the same just rotate emphasis.

Of course, I liked the Outer Limits because they had some very interesting stories and I like those kind of things that make you think.

Captain Bolivar, I don't know how that would work as Star Trek but would definitely be an interesting idea for a novel or even a new series. Although I think Star Trek does need something different if there is a season 6 so maybe

Roguedawg, I was afraid they were going to do that with Series 5 - it was one of the rumors. I think it would have the same problem as any planet based series. Plus some of us older fans don't want to watch a show about college kids - I guess right now they're interested in keeping older viewers but that could change

I would like the next series to go back to the future. Add new aliens and my idea is they could have Reman terrorists and see what happens to the federation about 20/30 years from the end of Voyager. I wouldn’t want the show jumping between colonies because you need a show where the characters can grow on you and develop.

I wouldn’t want the show jumping between colonies because you need a show where the characters can grow on you and develop.

Interesting that everyone is so opposed to this idea . Maybe because it's a new idea(or so old that its new). It's okay not to like the idea but the character development issue isn't a valid objection. Afterall Columbo originated in this kind of series - can't say he isn't a well known character.

I remember a couple other series that did this as well they were generally related in theme. So you have a colony and a cargo ship...maybe it's a colony episode but the cargo ship can still make a brief appearance. A brief appearance is all some characters get anyway under the current character highlight format of Star Trek.

I think this idea would suffice.... Mysterious music is played as we slowly zoom to see a destroyed planet, a 'ghost' planet. We hear a small engine of a small exploration ship as it flies over this planet, and it ends up in the ghost town of San Fransico, home of the federation. The city seems to be stable, but there is no signs of life, even more strange there isn't even any signs of resistance. No signs of a war, or even time fragmentation, just nothingness. The spaceship lands and we see a alien being, curious to what had happened on this strange new world he is exploring. He records in his mission log about finding the planet, and we get a gloomy feeling that there is more to be discovered. He goes to the federation building, and it is stable, no chared doors or signs of forced entry. The alien just wants to know what has happened. He goes to the command area and finds documentations of the last events of the greatest known universal system known to all kind. He places it in a system and holographic image is shown of 'The Federation' he sees Archers ship, Kirks, Picards, Deep Space Nine, and Janeway's Voyager. He is at least glad that time hasnt been a factor in the dissapearence of the planets civilians. At about halfway of viewing the information there is a red alert in the federation, and space ships are surficing. They meet with the alien surveyer and the main guard asks if he is responsible of the Federations defeat, with a happy appearance in his face. The alien says nothing and is taken to the brig to be questioned, and he suspects that these aliens have something to do with the dissapearance of the civilization. They tell him only one clue to which can help him find the remaining people of earth, 'They are far away from having any harm to any aliens anymore. These humans that have tried to build a glorious federation was only using it to destroy powerful alien beings for their own selfish greed, the Klingon, the Ferengi, the Andorians, the Vulcan, all destroyed becuase of the selfish greed of Humans.' The alien is disturbed by what he is hears, but wants to know more, and learn more about these Humans, and he starts an unforgetable journey to find the lost civilization.

For the first couple of seaons it can feature the alien finding humans which are literally scattered among the quadrant and the more he finds them the more he learns that what the aliens told him was false. On his first mission, he finds the current Captain of the series along with Janeway his beloved, and he tells the young alien that they have to go into uncharted dangerous territory, to find the rest of their people. He agrees as they go on a wild goose chase in order to restore the human race.

Also during the mission of finding the lost human crew, we can find out about secrets to what has actually happened to the powerful alien empires, such as Klingon, Vulcan, etc... (I'll leave that up for the writers... lol) Also we can find out things about person people in previous series of Star Trek, such as TNG, DS9, VOY, crew... it can be more like a What are they doing now general episode.

It can be called Star Trek: Enigma, for it is a riddle wraped in a mystery.

Edited by Syperphobia

My Series Six Idea

I have several ideas.  Tonight I will share one of them. 

For some unknown reason space becomes fragmented.  In other words, the galaxy becomes rearranged in a random fashion - sections of space are transposed leaving Earth next to regions of space that were once part of a completely different region of the galaxy.

The reason I think this would work is because Earth and Starfleet are much too comfy in the future.  They have assembled a mighty "Federation" but now that some worlds and species are in different areas and new unknown ones have taken their place, Earth and Starfleet would have new first contacts, new threats, and new allies.

Of course not everything is completely changed so that we would still get to see some of the core aliens.

Another aspect that would be interesting with this show is that people would have to deal with that fact that certain things are gone, such as the unlucky federation ships that got moved with a sector.  It would add to the drama appeal.

It would also give everyone a common goal: figure out what happened and find out if there is a way to return things to normal.

Also, in the later years of the series perhaps they could get close to finding a solution to returning the arrangement of space back to normal.  But then they would have to grapple with the fact that people have taken up new lives and friendships etc. since everything was changed.  Would it be right to move everything back?

My 1st thought for a name would be "Federation Lost"

So, what do you think? 

I based a little things on your topic, but I really dont like the idea of space getting fragmented, how can ships fly and people find things if everything is gone wacky?

I like the idea of featuring a different colony every week. For those people who want regular characters they can relate to, the core characters of the series can be the crew of a small Starfleet supply ship. These 5 or 6 core characters can be visiting a different planet or colony every week during their supply runs, and experience different adventures with each colony they visit to resupply. The possibilities are endless!

Syperphobia, I don't want a STAR TREK series depicting an apocalyptic future as just about every sci-fi movie set in the future does this, STAR TREK is one of the rare shows & movies were we actually have a bright and hopeful future. However, if the series ends with the "rebuilding" of the Federation, then I could watch it.

Also, here's a few things you may not know about Trek:

The Federation's full title is the United Federation of Planets.

The Federation consists of over 800 worlds in the late 24th century.

Earth, Vulcan, and Andor are the founding world of the Federation.

Vulcan and Andor don't have "empires" as their members of the Federation.

There is no "Federation headquarters", not that I know of. However, we do know that the Federation President's office is on Earth in Paris, France.

San Francisco is the home of Starfleet Headquarters.

Hope that's been informative, and keep up the creative posts! This was your best yet. <_<

Syperphobia, I don't want a STAR TREK series depicting an apocalyptic future as just about every sci-fi movie set in the future does this, STAR TREK is one of the rare shows & movies were we actually have a bright and hopeful future.  However, if the series ends with the "rebuilding" of the Federation, then I could watch it.

Also, here's a few things you may not know about Trek:

The Federation's full title is the United Federation of Planets.

The Federation consists of over 800 worlds in the late 24th century.

Earth, Vulcan, and Andor are the founding world of the Federation.

Vulcan and Andor don't have "empires" as their members of the Federation.

There is no "Federation headquarters", not that I know of.  However, we do know that the Federation President's office is on Earth in Paris, France.

San Francisco is the home of Starfleet Headquarters.

Hope that's been informative, and keep up the creative posts!  This was your best yet. :lol:

I would think it is more mysterious instead of apocolyptic, instead of the 'destroyed' I should of just left the 'ghost planet'. Everyone would of left, making planet Earth very vunerable for an attack. In order to stop this attack, the alien dude has to gather up the important people from Starfleet in order to reunite the Federation once more, in order to stop an apocolptic future from happening. <_<

There are many many years of time left unexplored in the Trek saga; between now and ENT, between ENT and TOS, between TOS films and TNG, around and throughout the time of DS9 and VOY, after TNG films on into eternity.

I think all of the ideas listed here are good and few are excellent and they could find their place in to the story somewhere.

Imo Trek needs to be able to un-bottle itself, stop stifling the creative opportunities it creates and grow. If it could do that then all these ideas and more could see the light of day in any form of filmed medium, not just novels. Cheap Paramount.

This goes to the heart of why I posted this tread (shameless plug. ;-)

how about the new frontier novels the books are all great and the comedy just cracks me up and you can have guest stars from next gen and voyager and ds9 as it is in that time line don't get me wrong I like enterprise but I never liked the idea of going back to the start there is just so many stories in the time of next gen still to write.

I wouldn’t want the show jumping between colonies because you need a show where the characters can grow on you and develop.

Interesting that everyone is so opposed to this idea . Maybe because it's a new idea(or so old that its new). It's okay not to like the idea but the character development issue isn't a valid objection. Afterall Columbo originated in this kind of series - can't say he isn't a well known character.

I remember a couple other series that did this as well they were generally related in theme. So you have a colony and a cargo ship...maybe it's a colony episode but the cargo ship can still make a brief appearance. A brief appearance is all some characters get anyway under the current character highlight format of Star Trek.

Well i like it.

(read my article "My Ego" in Books & Fan Fiction). To throw another idea in:

An akira-class ship (we've seen too little of this gem) is exploring the Beta Quadrant 2 years after Voyagers return and 6 months after Nemesis. Then an NX-class comes from the past and the future is altered. Now, this is the premise for my fan fic, except the the NX gets destroyed in the 4th episode (or does it?.....).

It would work.

like i said, read me article "My Ego" in Books & Fan Fiction.... <_<

to lower my ego "it might work"!!!!

I would like the series 6, if it happens, to be set in the future, a couple of years after Voyager ended. This era appeals to me so much because an incredible tapestry has been woven of this time frame. It should be with a new ship, maybe the Prometheus or *ahem* a Poseidon class ship anyone? It should be in deep space, probably the Beta quadrant. However, I don't think one ship should have all the attention, maybe one of the main cast could be on another ship or marooned on a distant colony...

Iterestingly, DS9 was originally going to be set in a frontier colony. However, the sheer expense of seting up a series based on this idea soon changed the developers minds.

I would like the series 6, if it happens, to be set in the future, a couple of years after Voyager ended. This era appeals to me so much because an incredible tapestry has been woven of this time frame. It should be with a new ship, maybe the Prometheus or *ahem* a Poseidon class ship anyone?  It should be in deep space, probably the Beta quadrant. However, I don't think one ship should have all the attention, maybe one of the main cast could be on another ship or marooned on a distant colony...

Iterestingly, DS9 was originally going to be set in a frontier colony. However, the sheer expense of seting up a series based on this idea soon changed the developers minds.

Sansooni,

Thats the premise to my fan fic, and my suggestion to Paramount for series 6......Except its Akira (this gems been wasted) exploring with an NX-class??

Like it anyone? Jump over here....... :laugh:

Actualy they are not similar at all. They are completely different. I've just summarised it in such a general way that they sound identical. For example, part of my little FanFic wll take place on a spacestation, which I don't think happens in yours (though I'll have to check)

Goodluck with it :laugh:

Oh wait. We have said the same thing! :laugh: Oops! :laugh: My bad...My server is slow so Webpages takes a-g-e-s to load and I've got in the bad habit off clicking on post straight away instead of waiting for the darn thing to load.

Sorry...

no problemo sasooni,

i enjoy seeing my ideas in others.... juyst remember

© MMIII Matthew Miller :-) :laugh: