Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Series 6

*phew* My publishers will be relieved. :laugh: I thought I was going to have to come up with yet another all round brilliant, amazing, genre defining, superhuman, rather good idea. That would make 78.39 today. *sigh* It is hard, being pure genius on a lollypop stick...

My Series 6 Idea

Star Trek: Challenger

I built this idea off of Timeless (VGR) or at least the idea of Geordi LaForge as captain of a ship in the future. Similar to previous Treks but the main cast is made up of previous side and one shot characters:

Captain: Captain Geordi LaForge (LeVar Burton)

First officer: Commander Christopher Hobson (Timothy Carhart)

Chief Medical Officer: Commander Alyssa Ogawa (Patti Yasutake)

Chief Engineer: Lt. Commander Vorik (Alexander Enberg)

Operations Officer: Lt. Sam Lavelle (Dan Ganthier)

Science Officer: Lt. Samantha Wildman (Nancy Hower)

Tactical Officer: Lt. Commander Lisa Neeley (Sarah MacDonnell)

Conn Officer: Lt. (j.g.) Pablo Baytart (?)

Communications Officer: Lt. Aquiel Uhnari (Renee Jones)

Or a series similar to DS9 profiling the Romulan War from an outpost on the front possibly including Shran in the cast.

I don't have an idea for a future series, but I do know that I'd be happy as a clam to sit and watch a new series unfold and give all Trek fans new conversation starters. Trek has been around for 35 years now and all the ideas for scripts and books haven't even been scratched yet. There is soo much young talent "out there" just waiting to be heard or seen.

I think that it should be set after Enterprise and before Star Trek:TOS. This is because there will be a new audience build up for Enterprise and for them it will carry on their interest and maybe lead them into the world of established Trek a bit more.

There should definitely be a star ship. Faster than the NX-01. Maybe that Daedaleus class. Maybe developed a bit more like the Pasteur on "All Good Things". The Captain should be an alien. We have never had an alien captain. This would reflect the more developed nature of Star Fleet.

I would like to see the Romulan war as an arc. More usage of the Beta Quadrant. Less 'alien threats'. It's getting too vilolent now. A disease maybe. Or a political problem. More fun - definitely. More tongue in cheek. TOS and to an extent, TNG had a camp quality that has been lacking amidst the depression of Dominion wars and 70 thousand light years from home.

I dont think any definite idea can really suraface at the mo. And to argue like you have been arguing throughout this thread is childish. There is a lot of foot stamping and bad mouthing going on. Like, come on, this is supposed to be fun. I suppose, to play along with the spirit of this thread, I would:

Call my ship The Hercules. It would have a crew of 250 and would be the most powerful ship in the fleet. Science and Exploration.

The Captain would be Antarian. With fierce features. I would like him to look lik the aliean crewman on the Saratoga on Voyage Home and the Federation President from Star Trek 6. That look was cool. Very Ulysses 39.

There would be at least one more alien on board. Maybe a female Andorain, whom no one quite trusts.

Their voyage will take them past Romulan space (war etc) but that will not be the main preoccupation. There will need to be a mystery that will unravel. And so forth...