• Italian
    • French
    • German
    • Portuguese
    • Japanese
    • Russian
    • Latin
    • ASL(or USL)

I took French when I was in high school, but I really don't remember alot of it. I have been meaning to take a refresher course.

Didn't take any in school (dropped out), but I know some Spanish and Swahilli. Still studying both.

Aaaaaahmmm.... Where is English :lol: ???

But here in Germany you HAVE to learn English at least you had to when I was in school :lol:

But I voted French because this was the language I took when I had to choose between a second foreign language (first one English :lol: ) and two other boring subjects (one includes technical things and the other one cooking <_< )...

So French here... But... I don't speak it very well due to some "difficulties" in this language I did not understand (I still don't get them today :lol: )...

Mrs. Captain Picard

Spanish and English in High School...I voted Spanish since taking English isn't considered 'taking a language' in the United States... <_<

Aaaaaahmmm.... Where is English  :lol: ???

Sadly, we have this joke that you don't even need to learn English in America. <_< Only it isn't really funny because the reading part of it is true.

Our school forced us to take Spanish for a year or two in elementary school

Middle school-French, learned some Russian(for my trip in 7th grade)

High school-German(for three years)

for fun.... I learned to sing in: Latin, Spanish, Swedish, French, Italian, German, Japanese(<---current favorite)

Visual braile is interesting, and ASL is rather tough

ASL for me, yet I hated it.. I am Dyslexic and my teacher didn't seem to understand that one of the problems with it is that your visual understanding is not as fast as the average student.. and when I went for help she did it faster so she could leave..... so I flunked half way through the ASL.. so I only know AS and not the L... <_<

I took Spanish, but i had trouble since at the time i had a MEA applience in the roof of my mouth and could not say the speacial N sound the one with a ~ over it. it was funny when i tried to say it. My teacher rolled her eyes at me and i tried to get her attention to show her why i could not say it, but it was not until after class that he dicided i was not trying to be a smart *buttocks* and pretend that i could not speak properly.

I took 5 years of German in High School during my 4 years there, I loved every second of it. German 5 is just an advanced/independent study course after completeing German 4.

Stardate:213614.9

We are given the option to take Spanish but im not going to.The only reason i would want to learn Spanish is so i can know why those dirty mexicans(i am referrring to the group at my school not the Mexican people in general-I dont wanna offend anybody and if i did say so and i will edit my post immediatly :dude: )are talking about behind our backs.They always talk in groups in Spanish and as they do it they are laughing at us. Ok im done ranting.

Anyways I wish they taught German around here.I have always wanted to learn German.My ancestors were German and i am very intrigued by the German Language!

Stardate:213614.9

We are given the option to take Spanish but im not going to.The only reason i would want to learn Spanish is so i can know why those dirty mexicans(i am referrring to the group at my school not the Mexican people in general-I dont wanna offend anybody and if i did say so and i will edit my post immediatly :dude: )are talking about behind our backs.They always talk in groups in Spanish and as they do it they are laughing at us.   Ok im done ranting.

Anyways  I wish they taught German around here.I have always wanted to learn German.My ancestors were German and i am very intrigued by the German Language!

German is wonderful...I loved that class!! My ancestors are German too(amongst other ancestries), cool!!

I agree, knowing a bit of Spanish would help. I do not think they are dirty Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, or anything. But them plopping themselves in the middle of the hallways, pointing at students passing in said hallways and babbling away in Spanish...can get on one's nerves after awhile. At my mom's place of work they do the same thing...block the walkway and babble at warp speeds.. Other people do not do this. I have never seen a group of Italian, French, German or any other language speaking people do this at all...hmmm, oh, well. Ok, Ok, they can actually say the same about us...I mean groups of English speaking people group together, and they might not understand what they are saying, so I guess the groups technically are even.

I take Spanish and Latin at school, and am teaching myself the Cyrillic alphabet and hieroglyphics (basic ones-- syllables, titles, numbers, etc.) at home.

J'étude la francais. J'attende la francais 30 cette année.

(It's summer. Haven't done french for a few months. Hope I got that right. Lol.)

I take Spanish and Latin at school, and am teaching myself the Cyrillic alphabet and hieroglyphics (basic ones-- syllables, titles, numbers, etc.) at home.

Cyrillic can be tough. But interesting nonetheless. And hieroglyphics is just awesome!

All the cool kids took German....which doesn't exactly explain why I took it. On a side note I took korean language classes on the weekends thanks to my ever so benevolent parents (they wanted me to learn about our culture more.) Unfortunetly the school was run by very inexperienced teachers (most were just parents helping out) and not much got done.

I was never good with languages....

I took spanish and passed the course by the skin of my teeth...

then promptly forgot almost everything... :tear:

my girlfriend volunteers at a local school for handicapped and retarded children,and she learned american sign language...

I've tried to learn that from her,just for fun,but i stink at that too...

I guess I'll just keep speaking Missouri (american) english,y'all....

:(