Sign in to follow this  
Dark Reality

Ever "made" a Trekkie?

Just as it sounds. Have you ever made someone a Trekkie? Your kids, parents, significant other, friends, or anyone else?

I got my wife hooked - she knew I was a big fan, so we started with the movies. We watched the first six, then tried to watch TNG. We watched the first season and started on the second season. It was mostly me that got impatient - we watched the "best" TNG episodes, then the rest of the movies. We then watched DS9 all the way through, every episode (took about 4-5 months). Now we're on Voyager, and we just got into Season 4.

Odd - she prefers DS9 over other series, but mostly because of Bashir (specifically Alexander Siddig). No, she likes most if not all of the characters, and spotted Aaron Eisenberg (sp? - guy who plays Nog) right away on his cameo in Voyager. She's pointed out Grand Nagus Zek (forget his real name) on a couple non-Trek shows/films on TV. I prefer Voyager's characters (not just because I like Torres...), I wonder where she'll stand when Voyager is done? But then, DS9 has the greater overall impact, feeling something important's done. Voyager - meh, they got home (read: Janeway didn't blow up or run away from the ninth or tenth thing that could have gotten them home).

Oh...I misunderstood. I thought you were asking if we ever made it with a Trekkie........ :frusty:

Seriously though, I did turn my son into a huge Trekker from the moment he was born.

No.

Most of my friends are either only mildly interested in Trek or hate it altogether. They suffer my Trekkie ramblings with good humor, but they could just as well do without it.

Weirdos. :blink:

Yes! I have, in fact.

I made my roommate a Trekkie. I forced her to watch Voyager with me at first. Before long, she was asking me if we could please watch Star Trek! :(

Also, I've recently made my boyfriend into a Trekkie. He's a big Star Wars fan, but I made him start watching Voyager with me, as well as some TNG, and now he really likes it too.

I'm always so proud when I manage to convert someone. :blink:

Yes! I have, in fact.

I made my roommate a Trekkie. I forced her to watch Voyager with me at first. Before long, she was asking me if we could please watch Star Trek! :P

Also, I've recently made my boyfriend into a Trekkie. He's a big Star Wars fan, but I made him start watching Voyager with me, as well as some TNG, and now he really likes it too.

I'm always so proud when I manage to convert someone. :blink:

Good Job! We need more people like you!.. :(