Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

The Suliban May Be Extinct

The Suliban seem to have settled down by the 23rd and 24th centuries as we've never heard of them or seen them. Early in the series' development, the creators hinted that the audience would learn the fate of the Suliban species (and why they never appeared outside the prequel series), but that too must have been changed when the Temporal Cold War arc was prematurely ended in Enterprise's fourth season. One might assume that by Kirk's time, the 23rd century, that the Suliban had gone extinct – or that the Suliban didn't belong in the 22nd century at all and disappeared following the end of the war.

I'll buy the Suliban could have gone extinct but not disappeared because they were some sort of artifact created by the TCW.

The Cabal on the other hand were a result of the TCW, Future Guy created them so when the TCW ended they may have just vanished as the timeline healed.

Actually I hate that idea because I always believed/accepted that the ENT story was supposed to occur and wasn't a result of changes to the timeline from an attack from the future. I mean, an attack from the future did occur but it happened before TOS so it was always part of the timeline, it created the timeline as we know it - the TCW didn't change history as we know it, it created it.

Anyway, I'd rather they not say the Suliban went extinct, that takes away any new story possibilitys, (though that could be an interesting story in itself) I'd rather they just had went into seclusion or something. I'd like to see them again in the post NEM era, if possible.

I agree. I think more likely than not, that the Suliban went into hiding, especially following a history of being treated as a second class and others like the Cabal being used for genetic experimentation. They probably saw seclusion as a means to avoid any further exploitation. In any event, i would like to know what happened to them. :laugh:

It's an interesting thought, but just becasue we didn't hear from them later doesn't mean they aren't still there. They're just minding their own business.

The Cabal on the other hand were a result of the TCW, Future Guy created them so when the TCW ended they may have just vanished as the timeline healed.

I think it's more likely that the Cabal was always a part of the time-line, and so Future Guy and his faction decided to use them for their own means. It would be a lot more difficult for someone watching the time-line to detect a temporal insurgency that concerns a group of radicals that already existed than it would be when that group of radicals just suddenly appeared in the middle of the 22nd century.

suliban would make for an interesting storyline if they ever decided to make another trek show. ST:Nemesis kinda timeline i mean :sweatdrop:

Hi

A lot of races isnt heard of after they apear in Star Trek episodes. They cant all be extint. You dont hear anything about the Andorians after the original series, they are a real scoop for Enterprise, what a Star Trek race.

Kim