Sign in to follow this  
Lessa_Soong

Sorry Soong sisters!

Just so you all know, we Soong sisters have had it brought to our attention that we ahve been going WAY overboard about Data and Spamming the boards with our obsession with him.

WE APOLOGIZE!

We got carried away and we realize that we most likely got on the nerves if a few if not all of you. We now have our own thread and we promise to not go off topic anywhere else again. Please forgive us and give us a chance to prove we are not just a bunch of flakes.

Lessa Soong

Hey, don't worry about it. Data is part of Star Trek. He is also a very popular character. If they can't handle it, than they are not true fans. :lol:

We have promised to do our best to stay on topic. It is amazing how quickly a topic can be turned and you don't even realize that you have done it. I add my name to Lessa's apology.

And me too! Add my name to the apologies.

It was easy to go from the subject that was being discussed, then discuss Data's part in the plot, and then we were off and running.

So, to cure this problem, I started a Family thread, and don't let that fool anyone who isn't a Soong! You are welcome to drop by, add your input or simply read what we discuss there.

And our family is growing, too...so far there is Yillara, Lessa, dsbs, soong_girl, little_sister_soong, and Data.

DSBS hereby signs her name on the apology list.

Really sorry, everyone. Didn't mean anything by it, and promise not to do it again, to the best of my ability (from now on, IF I say something off topic, I will put it in brakets and then return immediately to the previous convo...). Hope I didn't annoy anyone too much, thanks for putting up with me :lol:

Thank you VaBeachGuy!! I am sure that post will make all the Soong Sisters very pleased! I know I feel better!

I haven't seen anything I would consider Spam and nothing has been complained about to my knowledge.

Each Soong sister got a PM from Celtic Swimmer giving us an official warning about going off topic. She said that was considered Spam. She also deleted some of our posts from the thread. We do admit we did go way off topic - talking about Data's clothes in the Frame of Mind thread. That was why we wanted to start the Soong Family thread.

I haven't seen anything I would consider Spam and nothing has been complained about to my knowledge.

Each Soong sister got a PM from Celtic Swimmer giving us an official warning about going off topic. She said that was considered Spam. She also deleted some of our posts from the thread. We do admit we did go way off topic - talking about Data's clothes in the Frame of Mind thread. That was why we wanted to start the Soong Family thread.

LOL was it at least about Data's clothes IN Frame Of Mind? :wow::wow:

LOL was it at least about Data's clothes IN Frame Of Mind?

It started out about the black outfit he was wearing in the episode and then evolved into what colours Data looked good in and what was our least favourite outfit (the one in The Most Toys). :wow:

Since it was DELETED before we could bring the discussion over to our Family Thread, I forgot how funny and fun THAT discussion was! That and a couple others she deleted BEFORE telling us that we were being warned. Yes, we did go off topic, but we didn't really know better at that time...I mean we didn't know if we were allowed to have a Family thread. We hadn't asked about that yet...boy am I glad we did since we are closing in on 100 posts!!

All mods have the ability (and responsibility) to delete and/or edit posts.

Yesterday I edited two words from a post I felt might lead to an argument also, yesterday I edited post's which had open code tags, I closed the tags as a courtesy to the poster and for the over all clean appearance of the thread.

I (and I would hope the other mods) would never change the meaning of any post I/we edit, (unless it is spam) like I said [so far] all of my interference has been minimal and always for the good of this site and it's members.

We all understand the need for Mods here, NOT having working mods was what drove us all away from st.com.