Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

What's Your Favorite Season?

Four Seasons  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your Favorite Time of Year?

• Spring
    • Summer
    • Autumn
    • Winter

I personally love the Fall, so I vote for Autumn. It is great Autumn has begun, no longer do I have to sweat. It has been so hot in the summer, I have slept on top of the blankets and sheets all summer long. I HATE hot weather. So Fall and Winter are my favorites

I like Spring. After a cold,nasty winter, its such a relief to see the snow go away and the trees start blooming.

I dont' understand the choices the only seasons I know are hot, hotter, really hot and then a little less hot. It was 85 degrees the other day with low humidity and it was like celebration time - this means we're transitioning into a little less hot.

I like all seasons except winter - as oppressive as the heat has become I still never want to live in snow country again.

I love Spring because of the flowers and the birds singing and it does signal the end of winter. And I love Fall because of the changing colors, the crispness in the air, applie cider and the smell of a pot bellied wood burning stove.

And I like summer because of the long hours of daylight but summers are getting hotter - I can't take it like I used to.

Spring and Fall are my two favorite seasons, because they are less extreme than most Illinois Winters or Illinois Summers - which can naturally often be terribly cold and freezing in Winter or horribly hot and uncomfortable with awful humidity in Summer.

In Spring wildflowers, the budding of trees and flowers, and returning birds can almost always cheer me up. In Autumn the changing colors of the leaves and the harvest crops are wonderful signs of the season.

Guest Voyager

I like Autum, not too hot, not too cold.

Voted Autumn for the cooler temperatures and the changing colors, but I also like Spring too for the transition of the desolation of winter to the abundance of new life in nature. And in either case, I like the mild temperatures. Definately better than the heat in the summer and the cold of the winter. All seasons have their ups and downs,but I feel that Autumn & Spring have the least IMO.

I voted for winter,laying on the sofa drinking hot coco while it snows out side covering every thing in a white blanket has got to be the best season for me.

I like summer best, but in my part of the country there are 4 seasons - Summer, Winter, Traffic, and Construction. Summer and Winter are hard to tell apart.

BTW, ever notice how global warming isn't as much of a concern in November-January?

I love the fall because it begins to get colder and the leaves change, and winter because it is cold and snows, but most of all these two seasons are the holiday seasons. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and new years all within three months can't beat that. Let's not forget NFL and college football, pumpkin pie, apples, hot chocolate egg nog and cider.

I voted for spring. I like it, it's nice out and and pretty. I hate autumn. Everything starts to die, and turns brown. I think autumn is ugly, not gorgeous like everyone else does. I like color.

no doubt about it, spring and summer are beautiful, it's just humid here in Georgia which makes the heat worse! I took these pics of the area around my house spring/summer last year

aspring2sr1.jpg

aspringyd2.jpg

aspring0lk2.jpg

aspring1op7.jpg

Edited by Gamera

I voted for Autumn, but really I like all the seasons. They all have something to offer. For instance, right now I've been getting my garden settled in for the winter. I planted bulbs a few weeks ago. Yesterday I cut back the roses and covered them with fallen leaves (I love their spicy scent), and cut back some of the perennials as well. I'll be putting up Christmas lights before long.