Sign in to follow this  
Data

THE OFFICIAL SITE'S NEW SETUP

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE OFICIAL SITE'S NEW FORMAT?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE OFICIAL SITE'S NEW FORMAT?

• 1. I like it
    • 2 I do not like it
    • 3. I do not care

I tried to check it out today and it's still loading slow and some sections aren't accessible at all. I'll give them time to work out the kinks before making judgment. I'm looking forward to having the chatroom back, though.

OMG, I made a mistake, i was suppose to say that i did like it, oops, clicked the wrong button and checked no. I think it rocks and it is keeping up with the times, makes me feel really trekkish. hehehe, but i was already

:unsure: Bel Ami ;)

I don't like it, not for a Star Trek site anyway. For a run of the mill site sure but I miss the LCARS feel. That made the site Star Trekish.

So far the results show that most people don't like it. SUre, this isn't a scientific poll but it makes you wonder if the people at Startrek.com did their research.

i dont like it, i say : bring it back, but with a 100% table rather than that pokey middle one!

I don't like it, not for a Star Trek site anyway. For a run of the mill site sure but I miss the LCARS feel. That made the site Star Trekish.

Stardate:213600.2

Yeh thats why i dont like it either.It lost most of the star trek feel.

I don't like it either. So far it slow and half the time I can't get in to it if I use google.ca - have to switch to google.com Maybe it will improve a bit when the bugs are all out but I liked the old set up better - the feel and the look.

I don't really like the new setup it takes to long to load and it just doen't look like a true Star Trek site. I say bring back the old site with some improvements.

As I stated before I think it is just ok, but it is better then what I originally thought.

BUT like I stated before I do feel that it looses its Star Trek element.

For it loading slowly I think that is just a short term problem. The first time I went there it loaded fast, but the next few times when they were having all of these technical difficulties the site ran much slower.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Definately will take some getting used to for me... had to look up some info for a discussion/trivia I am doing at another site(really wanted to stump people, lol) and the library interface was interesting, the added pics were great, but took forever to load(I am on DSL) and some images havent been added yet :dude:

I like it.I think the LCARS design theme has been done to death on Trek sites.Now,if only the official site would police its message boards better.... :bow:

It has been a few months since the new set up over at the official site, it did take some getting used to. But, I actually like the way it is set up...especially the library section. Really rather easy to navigate.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

It has been a few months since the new set up over at the official site, it did take some getting used to. But, I actually like the way it is set up...especially the library section. Really rather easy to navigate.

I've gotten used to it but I still liked the LCARS set up of the old site better.

I like the old look better and I like the old library better too! The seach tool has never once gotten be a single result. It is useless. There is no way to narrow a search down if you are looking for something specific. If you don't know where it sits alphabetically you have to search the long way.

I remember I didn't much care for it right after the changes were made, but I did get used to it and actually like it now.

not to impressed with startrek.com,when the chat closed i left

and i shall not be going back :bow:

Doom Is Chaos for the Rebuilding of the world ~me~

if u understood wat i just said, i suggest u run away to a deserted island.

Anyway, i hate st.com now, they lost alot of trekkies for that.

Please check out my other posts

Mister T

:cool:

This place sure got busy since the chatroom was shutdown on st.com. I noticed a increased activity in the chatroom here.

Seems like a few things changed over there besides the chat closing down(saw the posts regarding this on this site), I went to look a few things up in the library there and got error messages(kind of like a script error) on pages I had been able to view before.

Oh well..

Yeah, it sure did get very busy over here at STF. Lots of people in the chatroom here too.