Sign in to follow this  
Shrek

What was your top 15 movies of the summer?

What was your top 15 movies of the summer from May to August? My was:

15. Mission: Impossible III

14. See No Evil

13. The Break-Up

12. Click

11. Little Man

10. Miami Vice

9. Clerks 2

8. Step Up

7. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

6. Monster House

5. You, Me and Dupree

4. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

3. X-Men: The Last Stand

2. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

1. Little Miss Sunshine

Sheesh! I couldn't even NAME 15 movies from the summer! From your list, I only saw Talledaga Nights and the Pirates movie. I wanted to see the X-Men movie but its gone from the theaters now and I'll have to wait for the video.

Oh yeah...I saw the Superman movie too.

Edited by Kor37

for real, I didn't even see 15 new movies this summer. From the ones I have seen, my favorits in order from favorite to least favorite are

1. X-Men: The Last Stand

2. Clerks 2

3. Click

4. Mission Impossible 3

5. Nacho Libre

6. Superman Returns

Edited by Gamera

Who in the world has the money to go to the theater 15 times over the summer? I guess the rich really are different.

I saw three movies this summer:

Superman Returns ... I can't believe my husband and I blew $16.50 to see this turkey!

Monster House ... It was o.k., but DEFINITELY not for children under the age of 9. One of the characters pretends to be talking to his father on the telephone and tells his dad to "kiss his big hairy butt." Great, just what you want your seven year old to hear. Why do moviemakers have to throw that garbage in there? (Don't even get me started on the smut in Shrek 2.)

Cars ... We loved this movie. It was a good story, a good moral to the story, no offending sexual innuendo for my child to ask me about afterword ... it was the total package for a family movie.

Everything else that came out ... I'm waiting for DVD.

I also didn't see many movies this summer. As a Children's Librarian I tend to see kid's movies a lot too. My favorites, starting with my favorites -

1. CARS. I really enjoyed this one, especially the whole Route 66 storyline. Paul Newman was awesome and the rest of the voice-cast very strong.

2. Over The Hedge - Had to see this for William Shatner's role. A little over the top on occasion, but an entertaining film for me. Saw this a second time as free movie in flight and still enjoyed & watched it.

3. Monster House - a bit over hyped but fun. Not for young kids, but enjoyable.

4. Prairie Home Companion - Amusing, with some funny parts. I enjoy the show, but the movie is different. Meryl Streep, Kevin Klein, Garrison K., Lilly Tomlin, etc. give some interesting performances.

Mission Impossible 3 - Was a free movie in-flight - and you get what you pay for. Way too much like previous movies. I would only recommend this if it's free.

I look forward to seeing Little Miss Sunshine which I've heard mainly positive comments about. I also want to see X-Men: The Last Stand and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest on DVD.

I only saw X-Men: The Last Stand and Clerks 2. Liked them both, Clerks 2 moreso.

And best of all, the friend I saw Clerks 2 with, I managed to inspire him to rent the first Clerks. I feel like my life has some small iota of fulfillment now.

15!!! :nono: ...er i can give you about 6..lol

1.Pirates of the Cariabbean 2...i love swash buckling adventures :blink:

2.Miami Vice :blink:

3.X-Men 3 <_<

4.See No Evil...Kane was sick in that film :dude:

5.Superman Returns...i had to watch twice to get into it :superman:

6.Cars...coz i am still a big kid :blink:

Top 15 movies?

Hmmm. Well...Superman Returns was the best big budget film of the summer. X3 was terrible, bottomline. Giving that franchise to Brett Ratner (Rush Hour 2) was idiotic. He has no sense of how to tell a story or he would have seen that the script for X3 was not worth filming. Clerks II I decided to miss- I'll see it on DVD. MI-III looked boring so I didn't bother...and honestly I'm sick of Tom Cruise and his couch-jumping. Scary Movie 4 was funny as Hell ad was Datemovie (and both are even better on the unrated DVD). Click is an Adam Sandler film, and Adam Sandler is the most sadly unfunny human being I've seen since the dark days of Chevy Chase ...so needless to say I didn't (and won't) see it. Pirates of the Carrabian is this generations Indiana Jones franchise, and this generation is being cheated.

Most of what Hollywood produces is fluff that is as forgettable as the career of Jimmy Fallon. I really long for some substance. Snakes on a Plane? Idiots in a movie theater! Cars? C'mon Pixar...you can do better then that! The last really good film I saw in the theater was 2001: A Space Odyssey which I saw in an art house theater recently in San Francisco. It is a sad state of affairs when a film nearly 40 years old outshines the best of 2006 with little to no effort. :nono:

I think I only saw like 2 movies that I can remember in theaters this summer, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Protector. Of those two, definately Pirates as the fav.

I saw 'The Chronicles of Narnia' at the $2 theater, which meant it was already out on DVD.

I just rented 'Akeela and the Bee', and I do plan to rent the X-Men movie mentioned above.

I barely saw anything this year, let alone this summer.

Let me see...I saw X-Men 3 and Dead Man's Chest this year. Yep, that's it. I enjoyed Dead Man's Chest More than X-Men 3....I enjoyed X-Men 1 and 2 more than X-Men 3 for that matter.

Did Scary Movie 4 come out this year? If so I saw that too.

1.Garfield: A Tale Of two Kitties

2.Zoom

3.Pirates Of The Caribbean:Dead Man's Chest

4.Peaceful Warrior

5.Bon Cop Bad Cop (Local Quebec / Ontario Film)

6.X-Men:The Last Stand

7.Superman Returns

8.She's The Man

9.Scary Movie:4

10.Alex Rider:Operation Stormbreaker

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

Click should be given a chance. Even those who don't like Sandler would probably like this movie. It was a surprise on how good it actually was. It actually had moments that were very sad emotionally.

Click should be given a chance. Even those who don't like Sandler would probably like this movie. It was a surprise on how good it actually was. It actually had moments that were very sad emotionally.

Well-

I just refuse to believe that Adam Sandler could ever convince Kate Bekinsale to marry him (especially when she turned down Leonardo DeCaprio in THE AVIATOR).

1.Garfield: A Tale Of two Kitties

2.Zoom

3.Pirates Of The Caribbean:Dead Man's Chest

4.Peaceful Warrior

5.Bon Cop Bad Cop (Local Quebec / Ontario Film)

6.X-Men:The Last Stand

7.Superman Returns

8.She's The Man

9.Scary Movie:4

10.Nanny Mc Phee (saw that in Dallas Texas with my older brother and his new family)

11.Alex Rider:Operation Stormbreaker

Edited by LoveMalePecs1