Sign in to follow this  
Shrek

Official Star Trek Site

Great changes are coming to STARTREK.COM. A whole new Web site is about to be released, and we need your help to make sure it's the best it can be. For a limited time, we are inviting STARTREK.COM visitors to try out the new site and tell us what you think.

Please click on the link below to launch the new site. After you've had a chance to check it out, please answer a few questions for us.

You will be looking at a BETA version of the site and you may experience some functionality problems. As we put the finishing touches on the new STARTREK.COM, the following is a list of some of the things that we know are not quite ready:

Registration is not functioning

Some links may not go to the page you expect, or give you an error

Some pictures may not display (you'll see a white box with a red "X" instead)

Some videos may not play

Some articles may appear to be unfinished or formatted incorrectly

The "Today on TV" and "Where to Watch" information may not be complete

The Search function may not find all the articles you expect, or results may be inconsistent

Chat rooms and Message Boards are not available

Information on Help pages is not complete

for more info go to http://www.startrek.com/public_beta.asp

i like it as a site, but not a trek site. i was hoping for a better lcars flash site or something. it looks like a news site not a trek site. it looks too enterprisey. (the show not the ship)

EDIT: actually on closer inspection the site is actually pretty cool. the movies page especially. click on the movie and it gives you ALOT more than just the synopsis like on the old site.

i like it as a site, but not a trek site. i was hoping for a better lcars flash site or something. it looks like a news site not a trek site. it looks too enterprisey. (the show not the ship)

EDIT: actually on closer inspection the site is actually pretty cool. the movies page especially. click on the movie and it gives you ALOT more than just the synopsis like on the old site.

It looks like it will be a good site, I just don't like the loss of the "Trek Feel"

It looks like it will be a good site, I just don't like the loss of the "Trek Feel"

Stardate:213567.5

Agreed its a good site and all and i will continue to go there to keep updated on news and what not but I liked it better with the way it looked before.

Very nice, clean and crisp site..love the TNG page..Thanks for bringing this to my attention Shrek.

I don’t like design.

In general it looks good, but I think it looses the Star Trek element

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

The site has a nice look but its lost the Star Trek feel. I would have prefered an improved LCARS look. It looks too much like a news site.

but it does run a lot faster.

That’s true. I think that is the positive thing about this new design.

But, the only thing that makes the regular site go slower is the buttons and if those buttons were actually made in flash then they would load a lot faster.

Master Q

but it does run a lot faster.

i have dial up and its actually SLOWER for me. doh! lol. i wish i had highspeed available to my area.

I agree it seems like it is losing the Trek feel to it, and I don't like the changes too much right now, but maybe it will grow on me..

i have dial up and its actually SLOWER for me. doh! lol. i wish i had highspeed available to my area.

Right now I have dial-up too :wow:

And for me it loads a bit faster

(However, I do have access to a T3)

Master Q

So I went to their "newly designed" site today. And much to my surprise, the site was blank except for one little word at the top of the screen: "hello". I know the new site was having some issues but to scrap it completely is downright pathetic. I think they should have just kept the old site. It worked perfectly, and it looked like a Starfleet console cicra the 23rd century. The new theme is... just grey. Snooze. Just my opinion though.

Captain Bolivar to Enterprise. One to beam up.

THey must be having problems with their upgrade, I feel for them. I just went and it worked for me. I don't like the new design though, I liked the old LCARS feel they had.

Well this sites working for me..

Try this link.. ST.com

I agree about the new site... It stinks... :blink:

Not that I givva hoot about that site but I was just curious to see if the link worked, it didn't.

Well, I can't see the new site (wont load, just gives me that stupid error message) but I really liked the old one, I don't know why they'd want to change it...

Stardate:213592.9

I got it to work.But i dont like the new site

I like the new background, probably because it's new and different. But the broken links and missing areas are annoying.

I have so many issues with startrek.com I'll probably never go back to those message boards.I still check out the other things there,and actually kind of like the new look.

Heres some good news from that site;

Ten Forward

Subject: Noburo says goodbye!

By: noburo Aug 5, 2003 4:20:52PM

Message: Well,I am leaving these boards for those at Startrekfans.net.I have enjoyed discussing trek with all of you and wish you well.But I just can't take all the needless arguing all the time.I hope to see some of you at the startrek.net message boards.Goodbye!

Welcome noburo, who ever you are now! :unsure:

The chatroom is still not up and running. That's what I miss most. :unsure:

Ten Forward

Subject: Noburo says goodbye!  

By:   noburo   Aug 5, 2003   4:20:52PM  

Message:   Well,I am leaving these boards for those at Startrekfans.net.I have enjoyed discussing trek with all of you and wish you well.But I just can't take all the needless arguing all the time.I hope to see some of you at the startrek.net message boards.Goodbye!

WELCOME ABOARD NUBORO !!!

The more I look at it the more I think it is better then what I thought originally , however, I still think it does lose that ST element a bit

Master Q

Sign in to follow this