Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Treker89

Hey All

Welcome to the Boards!

My sister, Emil and I have been fans for a long while, so feel free to ask us questions(though my stong point is TNG, and hers is TNG/TOS)

:o , the first time I saw that ENT welcome, I about dodged out of the way. :lol:

Treker89, here are some important abreviations to avoid confustion:

TOS - Star Trek (the original series)

TNG - Star Trek: The Next Generation

DS9 - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

VOY - Star Trek: Voyager

ENT - Enterprise

SG-1 - Stargate SG-1 (we have a lot of Stargate fans :blink: However, it's not related to Star Trek. ;) )

All 5 of the Trek series are set in one "universe". No re-makes so far, and I'd like it to stay that way. I'd rather see the Trek universe expanded than remade. Anywho, TOS is set in the mid-23rd century. TNG, DS9, and VOY are all set close together in the late 24th century. ENT is a prequal set in the mid-22nd century, just over 100 years before the original series.

There's also been 10 movies, which are a continuation of the shows. Movies 1-6 continue the original series as it had be cancelled after a mere 3 seasons. First Trek came back with movies, then with TNG. They've been making movies ever since and Trek has never left the airwaves since TNG premiered in 1987. The 6th movie was the final TOS movie. However, due to TNG's success, instead of going into an 8th season, they decided to end the series in favor of big screen movies. Thus, the TNG cast are featured in 7-10. At this time, it's unclear as to who will be in the next movie as we have so many options. However, there will be an 11th movie. Just a matter of deciding which series to base it on, or who should be in it as a "mixed cast" of TNG, DS9, and VOY characters is a strong possibility.

Anywho, I hope this has been clearly informative. I'm an expert on Trek chronology, so if you have a question on when whatever happened, aired, or whatever, feel free to PM or post and I'll be glad to answer your questions.

Also, like the above poster asked, which series got you into Trek, and is that the series you're currently watching?

Also, like the above poster asked, which series got you into Trek, and is that the series you're currently watching?

TNG got me watching Trek I was borded waiting for WWE to come on so I watch it and been watching ever since. I am really into DS9 atm UPN has been showing re-runs and I have seen them all up to season 4

TNG got me watching Trek I was borded waiting for WWE to come on so I watch it and been watching ever since. I am really into DS9 atm UPN has been showing re-runs and I have seen them all up to season 4

TNG got me watching Trek I was borded waiting for WWE

:o ;):dude:

I watch That Too :blink:

And how far into DS9 Season 4 are you?? And How Do You Know What Season it is? :lol:

And how far into DS9 Season 4 are you??  And How Do You Know What Season it is? :blink:

They last aired Homefront on firday thats where I left off, But what ticked me off is they keep skiping some of them like The Way of the Warrior, Part I and II which I really wanted to see becuase thats when Worf joins the crew of DS9 now I have no idea why he's there :lol:

Hello, fellow newcomer! I'm Lore, and I wish to say hello to as many new people as I can! So:

Click for Spoiler:

Hello!

:blink: Glad you found us! You definitly came to the right place for your begining obsession into Trek!