Sign in to follow this  
Charface

Insomniacs

What's your point? I sleep only when I can't go without any longer, makes me more inspired, Da Vinci never slept.

2:41 right now. Jolt and Mountain Dew are my two favorite drugs for these overnight shifts.

I don't drink caffeine. In fact I've had almost a sixer of beer, and I still feel wide awake.

I'm also up late many nights, like this one. But I believe that I must go to bed soon.

It's 4:15 a.m. right now! :clap:

EDIT: Time to go to bed, can't stay up any longer. The time is now 4:32 a.m.

:laugh:

Edited by 3 of 7

2:41 right now. Jolt and Mountain Dew are my two favorite drugs for these overnight shifts.

I don't drink caffeine. In fact I've had almost a sixer of beer, and I still feel wide awake.

Yeah, I'm not up by choice myself. This is what I get paid for.

If you're paid to post on these forums and don't want the job any more I'll take it!

If you're paid to post on these forums and don't want the job any more I'll take it!

You couldn't handle the strain. I mean, first you've got to LOG IN, then CLICK on the topics, and read what's there. Not everyone is cut out for this grueling a task. No no, I think I'd better stick with it. It's a cushy job, but someone gets to do it.

It is 1043 am and i haven't slept at all so 24 hours here i come!

I've always had problems with sleeping, ever since I can remember, then again I have terrible vivid nightmares whenever I nod off, so I just consume plenty of caffeine, and some nicotine, and even without either I can stay awake an average of 3 days.

I've used stronger stimulants in the past to keep me up for 7+ days, but they come with side affects, the most obvious is weight loss.

Its 10:19pm I'd stay up later but I've got terrible migrane at the back of my head. In bed with my laptop talkin to my bf on Yahoo Messenger, rolled over and smacked my head on the corners of my chect of drawers. I've got my head propped on a pillow I feel so dizzy... Know when you move your head and you get that shooting pain? Well I have that...

With a laptop on wireless broadband I'm up all hours usually. I've stayed on from 9am to 1am the following morning once, with just the occasional break

I hear you Cara. I've had a migraine the past three days. Fortunately, not the same one, just really aggravated the past three days. lol

Thankfully, I don't get them any other time. Probably once or twice a year at the most. It's not that bad when I do, just feel dizzy and sick with splitting pain when I move my head. I've seen worse...

Just wait till you're working for a living. You'll get migraines much more often. :tribble:

I'll second that..

I'm up late for some reason...must be mild insomnia.

I also haven't been here for over a year....too many forums, too much time spent with my nose in a law school book.

Good to be back, though!

Welcome back, Mofo. I am but one of many newbies who sprang up since you last were here.

And YOU think you're up late? It's quarter after 5 here. Been up all night working. Good times, good times.

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker

Hey there, youbroughtheryouRiker

Looking at your post count, I'd say that I'm probably more of the newb here now. Some things look completely different from the last time I was here. Hooray Forum Upgrades!

Considering I usually go to sleep at midnight and am up at 7, being awake at 2 am is late for me.

Does it count as "insomnia" if your job requires you to be up all night? I used to be a police dispatcher and worked the late shift. After a while, it becomes almost normal to go home at 8 am and go to bed.

I consider it insomnia since it's only a gig that I do two nights a week. Caffeine-induced insomnia, but sleep depravity nonetheless. And don't let the post count fool you... officially, I had my one-year anniversary back in April, but I didn't start posting until last September, so in early September, I celebrate.

I was up all night fighting off mosquitos. It was horrible. On top of that, my right shoulder has been sore (due to unkown reasons), and that left me with just my left hand for swatting. Tonight I'm prepared with a can of OFF!.