Sign in to follow this  
Tank

April Fools!

Has anyone taken a good look at Startrek.com today? :lol: There are some pretty funny headlines on the homepage. Check it out it will most likely be gone tomorrow.

Did you see the headline about the season ender for Enterprise being shot in 3D? It says:

As promised, the season finale of Enterprise will take the show in an all-new direction: Instead of warping away into space, the NX-01 will warp right into your living room! That's right, it's coming your way in 3D! Click here to order your glasses!

The Interview with Capt. Pike is pretty funny and I also highly recomend the Tribble Interview.

:lol: LOL!

Did you see the headline about the season ender for Enterprise being shot in 3D? It says:
As promised, the season finale of Enterprise will take the show in an all-new direction: Instead of warping away into space, the NX-01 will warp right into your living room! That's right, it's coming your way in 3D! Click here to order your glasses!

The Interview with Capt. Pike is pretty funny and I also highly recomend the Tribble Interview.

:lol: LOL!

I wonder if the 3D one is fake though. I could see them doing something like that, though it would eb expensive. I intend on looking further into that one lol

LOVED the tribble interview. My whole family was busting up laughing.

The interview with Captain Pike is even funnier when you look at some of the names of people who submitted questions. Some are spoofs of people who have taken part in celebrity chats or who frequent the Starfleet Lounge.

That Stuff is Great!!!

Also, they couldn't do the 3-D thing - you need a special projector, not just glasses.

No zeroc that's not so, I remember watching the Rose Parade on TV in 3D with a pair of glasses I bought at 7-11, there have been others too, like the John Wayne movie Hondo was shown in 3D um... there have been more but I cant remember them. I have all of the souvenir glasses somewhere.

there is also amittyville 3-d and nightmare on elm street 3-d.

And who can forget the classic Jaws in 3-D (was that Jaws 4 I think)

Well, I, Xeroc, am not quite sure about the 3-D thing. It might be possible, but I haven't seen any methods besides the multiple-picture method (One picture next to each other), red & blue method (red and blue pictures superimposed to form a black & white picture), and polarized picture method (like IMAX). What method were those pictures you referred to using?

Also, check out the survey!!!

http://www.startrek.com/community/

Whoops!!! Forgot a method. There is the relative moving 3D glasses. They work by making it so objects moving at different speeds appear father away/closer. I bet this is what you were referring to. This only requires glasses but it isn't a very good method. They could do that, but paramount wouldn't spend that kind of money.

No Xeroc, there were no fancy glasses involved, overnight I remembered another show we saw in 3D on TV, it was the Rolling Stones, I even recorded that one and when it is played back and watched with the glasses, which are the kind with one dark lens and one clear lens, the 3D effect still works.

That Stuff is Great!!!

Also, they couldn't do the 3-D thing - you need a special projector, not just glasses.

Not true. I've seen TV specials that were in 3D

8247 - who's that in your picture? anyone star trek (he loks kinda farmiliar)

And on topic - awww, they took down the stuff :wow:

On the 3-D stuff, yes it can and has been done on the small screen. Did anyone see the 3-D episode of 3rd Rock From the Sun??

Yep, the 3-D is possible on TV I still have some glasses from 7-11 here somewhere. I remember the Super Bowl halftime show was in 3-D back in '88 or '89 also wasn't it?

Whoops!!! Forgot a method.  There is the relative moving 3D glasses.  They work by making it so objects moving at different speeds appear father away/closer.  I bet this is what you were referring to.  This only requires glasses but it isn't a very good method.  They could do that, but paramount wouldn't spend that kind of money.

The one-gray-lens glasses are the ones I'm referring to!

Okay?!?!?

Tripthos?

episode0401.jpg

LOL

ROFLMAO!!!!! :wow::wow: oh man, I wish I knew of it back then, I wanted to read the Tribble interview, lol.

Hey, Rob, what's the clip you have on your avatar? I can't really see it on my computer.

Triporthos!! OMG, lol!!

(There's also T'Porthos...but that's another story)

Hey, Rob, what's the clip you have on your avatar? I can't really see it on my computer.

Triporthos!! OMG, lol!!

DSBS, the avatar is a combination of two short clips from Gambit. One clip is Riker hitting Galen (Picard) and the other of Galen (Picard) backhanding Riker.

I really like your signature picture too Rob, more than the other one.

Triporthos!! OMG, lol!!

DSBS, the avatar is a combination of two short clips from Gambit. One clip is Riker hitting Galen (Picard) and the other of Galen (Picard) backhanding Riker.

Yup :blink: I liked that episode, It's about time someone nailed Picard :D lol j/k :hand:

I really like your signature picture too Rob, more than the other one.

Thank you ;)

Sign in to follow this