Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

IMDB Says Matt Damon Confirmation

Just noticed on IMDB that Matt Damon is credited in playing Kirk in upcoming movie go here

Hardly a confirmation, the IMDB is a good site but it can't be trusted when it comes to matters like this. Stuff can make it onto the site regardless of how true it is.

Matt Damon could very well be playing James Kirk in ST XI but until I see it at StarTrek.com it is still just a rumor..

If you'll note, IMDB is referring the Kirk as CADET and is still on about it being a Starfleet Academy debacle. Hasn't that already been shot down? Didn't I read somewhere that this is not going to be some lame cobbled together "school boys" story?

Again, I ask: Why would Matt Damon want to play Captain Kirk? (Or Cadet Kirk?) He's Jason Bourne, for God's sake! He makes millions ... he certainly doesn't need Star Trek, nor would we want him to sign on to this because they'd never be able to shell out enough dough for him to any MORE Star Trek movies. It will limit the $$ available to pay the rest of the cast. Not to mention that old Matt Damon has really taken the high road and been quite picky about any movie he's been in (unlike his buddy Ben Affleck who will do just about ANYTHING regardless of quality -- line up their movie choices post "Good Will Hunting"; there's just no comparison).

Unless Matt Damon himself comes out and says that he is playing James T. Kirk in Star Trek XI because he is a life-long fan of the series and has always dreamed of being in an ST movie, I am going to take any rumours of this particular casting with a huge boulder of salt.

I just don't believe it. IMDB is not very reliable anyway.

Edited by gul_nodrog

Matt Damon is too old to play a Starfleet cadet. He's 36 years old, for gosh sakes. I wouldn't have a problem with him playing Kirk but certainly not at cadet age. I too don't want a Starfleet Academy movie.

Whatever they do, with a TOS era movie they better not screw around with canon established from TNG onward.

Just noticed on IMDB that Matt Damon is credited in playing Kirk in upcoming movie go here

Hardly a confirmation, the IMDB is a good site but it can't be trusted when it comes to matters like this. Stuff can make it onto the site regardless of how true it is.
Yes, those moderators or however it works out aren't too keen on confirmation as far as this stuff goes out...

I remember they said Davros was going to be in the Doctor Who finale: "The Parting of the Ways", and it turned out he didn't....

Simple a rumour, I do believe.