Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Q Bonus Treks

I see that True-Q and Tapestry are going to be the 2 Q episodes on TNN Friday night. Well 1 out of 2 ain't bad but it ain't great either. I'd like to know who decides which episodes they are going to show. Tapestry is a great episode but True-Q!?!?! :lol:

I agree, why don't they do All Good Things, or something like that. True Q was defiantely NOT the best Q episode!

Q Who or Deja Q would have been great choices. I wonder if they will have Borg bonus Treks where they might show I, Borg and Q Who.

Hey, Borg Bonus treks! That is a great idea.

And speaking of bonus treks they SHOULD have...hmmm I can see somebody agreeing with me soon. Maybe they should show Brothers & Descent and then you have a Lore Bonus Trek, what do you think soong_girl????

Hey, Borg Bonus treks! That is a great idea.

And speaking of bonus treks they SHOULD have...hmmm I can see somebody agreeing with me soon. Maybe they should show Brothers & Descent and then you have a Lore Bonus Trek, what do you think soong_girl????

That would be great if they went for three hours of Lore. I'd settle for Datalore and Brothers. Brothers is one of my absolute favourite episodes. Why Brent wasn't nominated for an Emmy is beyond me!!!

I would have gone for Decent part two. I have part one on DVD, but i am missing part two.

Have any of you read any of the Q books? Q Squared was great and John Delancie co-wrote one called "IQ" that was very funny.

In it, Q called Data Picard's pocket calculator. I loved that!

I think Tapestry was great. I think that one and Deja Q would be a good mix.

I've read a lot of Peter David books, and I enjoyed them, but I wouldn't count them as cannon in my head - they were a little over the top (I mean, the Q ping pong match? :lol: Also, I didn't like the ending when Data thinks Troi's serious...and I thought that Imazadi was ridiculous - the entire story based on one question that DATA forgot to ask (ok, maybe I'm biased), but I just don't think he'd do that. Half the time he seems to like Data, the other half he hates him (Peter David, I mean).

As for bonus Treks: YES! Q episodes!! I was surprised they didn't do that sooner though (and have you guys noticed - on sunday - ALL DATA!!)

OMG, I hadn't noticed that!! I'll have to start letting people know not to call or show up at my house on Sunday cause I'm busy!!! :lol:

I don't know if they did it on purpose (although I strongly suspect...) but EVERY one of those episodes is very definitely a Data episode.

OK, THIS Sunday????

Great that is the day after my girls' competition and then.....I GET THE TV & VCR ALLLLLL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am gonna LOVE this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, at least I'm pretty sure the book was Imzadi...The guardian of Forever...

OH! Another freaky trek thing - the day after i read that book (Imzadi) guees which episode of the original series was on! Darn right! and later, I borrowed The Dysons Sphere book from the library, and the day I started reading it, Relics was on :wow: :) :wow:

Anyways, back to the point (DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!)

- Riker was sad that Troi died and went to the guardian of forever to change the past, if I remember correctly. Data followed because of all the reasons one should never change the past etc (too lazy to go into detail) and at the very end of the book, it turned out that Riker was actually FIXING the timeline, and Data said "why didn't you tell us?" or something and the guardian of forever said "you didn't ask" (and so of course it was all Data's fault. The end)

My question is this, since I read Imzadi....Why did the writer's do that?! Having Data forget to do something so logical, so typical for him to do??? He was the one with almost all the answers and he was the one ALWAYS asking questions...so why the switch?!

I guess the author wanted to surprise us all and make Data seem like he was forgetful.

As for bonus Treks: YES! Q episodes!! I was surprised they didn't do that sooner though (and have you guys noticed - on sunday - ALL DATA!!)

YAY, I WILL HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT. MAYBE "THE FISTFULL OF DATAS" WILL BE ON AGAIN.

My question is this, since I read Imzadi....Why did the writer's do that?! Having Data forget to do something so logical, so typical for him to do??? He was the one with almost all the answers and he was the one ALWAYS asking questions...so why the switch?!

I guess the author wanted to surprise us all and make Data seem like he was forgetful.

I hate it when authors do that :wow:

YAY, I WILL HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT. MAYBE "THE FISTFULL OF DATAS" WILL BE ON AGAIN.

TNN's schedule lists:

Clues

Hero Worship

Time's Arrow Parts 1 and 2

The Quality of Life

Can't go wrong with any Data episodes though can they.