Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Wesley's Comm Badge

I just noticed that Wesley's badge on "A Matter of Perspective" isn't gold like the others have, but completely silver. Pic below v

amatter1tq1.jpg

Is this because he is not an official member of Starfleet at this time? I've seen most, but not all, of TNG. Do they ever explain why the color is different?

Wesley wears the kid version of the badge...........the one made by Mattell................

I just noticed that Wesley's badge on "A Matter of Perspective" isn't gold like the others have, but completely silver. Pic below v

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Is this because he is not an official member of Starfleet at this time? I've seen most, but not all, of TNG. Do they ever explain why the color is different?

I hadn't noticed that. In season 1, Wesley didn't get a comm badge at all. From looking at some screen caps it looks like they gave Wesley the silver comm badge at the start of season 2 when he started being on the bridge regularly. The late season 3 episode Ménage à Troi was the one where Picard made Wesley a full ensign so he started the episode with the silver comm badge but when he appeared at the end wearing his Starfleet uniform he had the standard comm badge on.

It's amazing how many times we can watch these episodes and not notice something like that.

Edited by Takara_Soong

I've been wondering about that for quite some time as well. As far as I know, it was never explained why he had a silver com badge. I also think it was because he was an "Acting Ensign" only at that time.

You guys are looking into this too much, they just simply ran out of gold paint.

ROTFLMAO

*looks at vulcan lover*

HOW THE [bLEEP] COULD THEY RUN OUT OF GOLD PAINT FOR TWO SEASONS?

Maybe, just maybe, the Enterprise has been a little busy trying to save the universe, Mr!

Or, maybe it was just a humorous comment. :laugh:

perhaps it was just that he was an acting ensign but if u look at rom when he was an acting ensign he had a regular combadge so...

Wesley is lucky that Picard didn't throw him out the nearest airlock, instead he had feelings for his mother and honored his deceased father.

It was defective. Instead of throwing it away, they gave it to Wes so that he could think he was important.

Maybe to match his clothes?

Did you check to see what color it is when he's actually in a Starfleet Uniform?