i saw them when they came to aus last year. Brilliant!!! My bf introduced me to them. his fav song is orange crush. mine is well actually i'm not sure. i bought the best of album and i own the latest one. rock on rem

My favorite song of theirs is What's The Frequency Kenneth . Anyone else a fan?

Thats my favorite REM song too!... :laugh:

Mine is probably "Radio Song" but it became a single so soon after "Loosing My Religion" whuch was their breakout hit that the latter overshadowed it so it didn't get as much air time.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

R.E.M. is credited as one of the two grandfathers of the alternative rock scene (the other being U2). I can't wait until they're enshrined in the Hall Of Fame.

Personal fave for me has got to be "Imitation Of Life."

I've been a fan of R.E.M. for forever! It's hard for me to pick a favorite, but I think I'd go with Loosing My Religion.

Yes! I saw the ceremonies (taped them too!) I loved how all the inductees showed a great deal of class with their speeches. Closest thing to a blemish of that was when Sammy Hagar used a curse word at the top of an emotional crescendo. Too bad the same can't be said for one of the presenters (not referring to Eddie Vedder, who presented R.E.M.).

I've been listening to REM for about a dozen years.

"Everybody Hurts" is one of my favorites.

Btw, if anyone else watched the Hall Of Fame ceremonies this past week...did you laugh as hard as I did when in the midst of the montage of R.E.M. (before Eddie Vedder appeared onstage), they showed the clip of them on Sesame Street dancing with the puppets and singing "Furry, Happy Monsters" to the tune of their own "Shiny, Happy People"? :dude: