Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Stalin plotted to have John Wayne Assassinated

I am listening to the radio while I surf and just heard a piece about a plot by Stalin to have John Wayne assassinated. Apparently this is true and there is a book due out in Oct.

Also on the news:

Tight neckties are not healthy. They increase pressure in the eye - increased pressure is associated with glaucoma. Let's hear it for Casual Friday everyday :P

Stardate:213581.9

I wonder why Stalin wanted John Wayne assassinated? :P

John (The Duke) Wayne would have kicked Stalin's butt!! :P

I guess since John Wayne was considered an American hero in the films of that day Stalin thought it would hurt the moral of the country.

Funny how this comes out now so many years after Stalin's death. I'm guessing someone knew of this and decided to wait a lot of years before releasing this to the public.

Funny how this comes out now so many years after Stalin's death. I'm guessing someone knew of this and decided to wait a lot of years before releasing this to the public.

I really don't know the details but if (and that is an if) this event was classified then you would need to wait until it was declassified. On the other hand sometimes it just takes a long time to write a book.

I don't think I saw this back in 2003 but it's interesting. As to why he'd want John Wayne killed, I can only guess that he figured that it would kill American morale to have a big hero killed.

The Duke could mop da floor with him! Fortunately, the dictator didn't suceed. And men like him never win in the end. Ask Hitler, Mussolini, or any of the others tossed on the ashpile of history!