Sign in to follow this  
poldor

New movie

i suppose uve all been talking about the new star trek movie

i was just wondering why dont they do it about Riker and his ship the USS Titan?

that would be a good film maybe have the enterprise come to the rescue with a cameo by patrick stewart

or kate mulgrew again

:biggrin:

I don't like the idea of a Titan movie series or TV series unless they stay close to the Titan novels. If the movie was completely different and had completely different characters, then the three Titan novels would be trash since it went against what was official canon. I don't want the Titan novel series hurt in any way, they are too great of a series to destroy.

Now, on the other hand, if they made a Titan series and stick close to the stories in the novels or at least have the same crew, I would have no problem with a Titan series.

Edited by Gamera

My husband and I are of the opinion that there will just about have to be another Trek television series before whatever studio owns Trek now agrees to foot the bill for another major motion picture.

All the casts are getting too old. Trekkers and Trekkies are completely divided now into various camps ... I don't think that we can get everyone on board for any one cast. I think a mixed cast is a bad idea. I think there have been too many novels written "after" the endings of DS9, Voyager and TNG that fans have embraced so enthusiastically no one would be satisfied with a movie plot that did not include elements from these novels (even though they are not considered "canon").

Maybe it's just me, but the only DS9 movie that I would want made at this point would include (or at least not ignore) the events in the Avatar books I & II, the Mission Gamma novels, and Unity. I'll bet many Voyager and TNG fans feel the same way about their books.

As for Enterprise, I'm just flat-out completely uninterested in ANY prequel to ANY of the series, so I wouldn't go see it. I wouldn't even rent it.

Edited by gul_nodrog