Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Year of Hell *SPOILER ALERT*

I really do enjoy these two episodes. I also liked the ending of the episode when got his wife back, but was still working on the device that would eventually kill her. So in the end, she was going to disappear and it was going to start all over again, except this time Voyager wouldn't be involved. Which always asks the question, was it just his destiny?

This was just a well written episode that I really do enjoy. Kurtwood Smith (Red Forman from that 70's Show) was excellent in this two parter. What do you guys think?

Edited by Gamera

You know, I hated Year of Hell--but not because it wasn't "good." I think it was mainly because I'm used to seeing the crew of Voyager so competent and in control. In this one, they weren't. Which makes it extremely good from the point of view of character development and plot diversity. And yet I am dreading getting to that point in the series again. It was...traumatizing for me, emotionally. (Perhaps that's rather silly, but it's the case, so there you have it! That's what I think.) :welcome:

Guest Voyager

I loved this two parter, it was one of my favourite episodes. The acting was fantastic, and I liked the idea that Voyager for once wasn't on top and winning at the end of the day. In fact if time hadn't reset, they wouldn't have survived. Although, I don't like it when bad things happen to them, I felt it was important to show that they were not indistructable, like it appears to be, when a single ship gets through so many battles.

I also liked the way it ended. It was very powerful and as Gamera raid, show's fate.

"Year Of Hell 1&2" rank as my 2nd fav Voyager ep--2nd to "Timeless." I like the concept of the crew not being in total control as they usually are. To me it brings out more reality and makes it more than just fiction. Makes me feel more like I can identify with their humanity. Sometimes the crews of the Treks almost seem like superheros.

K. I'm done rambling. :LOL

This happens to be one of the episodes I actually own. I think it is probably one of the best written episodes in the series. All the paradoxes were well done. It is a rather tough one on all the characters. But they did eventually manages to shine in the end.

it took me almost forever to understand this episode until i was i kept starting the episode over on DVD. i'd probaably be pissed if i got stuck in a number of timelines with ship shooting temporal warheads at you over and over again.

It's one of my favorite Star Trek episodes. :) I especially loved the ending, as Gamera said. When I saw it, I thought

NOOOOOOOOO!!! :)

It was kinda creepy. :lol:

I wonder did the blind Tuvok ever accidently put his hands anywhere he shouldn't when his aide was around...

I would have liked the whole of the Voyager series to have been like this episode. The writers and producers kept it all too immaculate which wasn't very reaslistic when you think about it. Half hearted attempts were made such as replicator rationing and the occasional 'out of gas' situation. But generally, they got home 'through the wilderness' in a flying hotel pretty much. Drinking champagne and playing in the holodeck. Oh yes! Silly. They should've had cracked mirrors and faulty lights, and dirty carpets, and stubble and disability and all that which a real ship thrown across the galaxy with no support from Big Brother would've actually endured. And the final episode? A hea on collision with bits falling off ... and NO REST BUTTON! Argh! Just a serious end to a series that should have brought some realism to our screens. Not a woman in a pair of silver high heels and a blonde bee-hive strutting around with a raised eye-brow whilst everyone else milled around in their tracksuits...

Wow, I've been gone for a long time. Anyways, I definitely like year of hell, but there is one issue that always bugged me. Kes told Janeway about the Kremin, and yet when they first saw the Kremin scout, she acted like she had never heard of them. It's like Kes never existed, or at least never told Janeway about the Year of Hell. This brings me no another interesting point. Remember the episode where Chakotay falls in love with an alien bounty hunter who had fallen in love with him? Her race would be forgotten soon after they left. Well, they used what look like Ocompan ears on her. I have been wondering if she was in fact Ocompan, but no one recognized her as such because they had forgotten all about Kes. I dunno, it's a bizzare theory.

I wonder did the blind Tuvok ever accidently put his hands anywhere he shouldn't when his aide was around...

LO-freakin-L

Anyways, I definitely like year of hell, but there is one issue that always bugged me. Kes told Janeway about the Kremin, and yet when they first saw the Kremin scout, she acted like she had never heard of them. It's like Kes never existed, or at least never told Janeway about the Year of Hell.

Yeah, see...I wondered about that too. They were expressly told to avoid the Kremin, and yet... :look: NOT one of Janeway's brightest moments.

This brings me no another interesting point. Remember the episode where Chakotay falls in love with an alien bounty hunter who had fallen in love with him? Her race would be forgotten soon after they left. Well, they used what look like Ocompan ears on her. I have been wondering if she was in fact Ocompan, but no one recognized her as such because they had forgotten all about Kes. I dunno, it's a bizzare theory.

I think that on Voyager, the makeup department was seriously out of ideas. By the time we get to the Delta Quadrant, everyone has either pointy ears or a bump on the forehead.

I guess the thing I like the most about this ep is that it's the source of my screenname. :borgqueen:

I loved this episode. It was amazing what the two crews were willing to do to save one anothers self. I loved janeways last words, 'Times up'.