1. 1. Who is the Best Captain?

• Kirk
    • Picard
    • Sisko
    • Janeway
    • Archer

J Digs

Ensign

I can't download Voyager Eps to save my life.

Best Captain

« on: March 6, 2003, 09:40:53 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just curious who we think is the best 

:) Long live Star Trek For Ever :)

the Arignal is the best of all the Star treks as far as I am consernd. :D

And not one vote for Janeway.. :D

I kinda think anyone would have fit as captain on voyager, but i can't see anyone as captain on any of the other series

Ok Ok Janeway WAS a good Captain, she made moral decisions to save her crew and ship.. however their are BTTER captains then her.. and i CAN see other people being captains of the other ships/space station *i e RIKER ON THE ENTERPRISE...LOL :D *

-Lauren

J Digs

Ensign

I can't download Voyager Eps to save my life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello J Digs.

I sent this to you in a PM at the old site but here it is again in case you missed it;

J Digs, here is the reply I have recieved about your request for a VOY download site

i have yet to find a good site to download voyager

episodes...  but i'm sure he can find a bunch on KaZaA

lite, which is what I use.  He can get it here:

http://www.kazaalite.com

it's pretty cool, and you can get a bunch of stuff

for instance, I just got the first episode of Alf off

of it, and the first few of batman beyond

That is the best I can do Digs, I trust BD to have the best possible links for the questions I pose him, so there you go, good luck!

I'm going to have to say Janeway. I totally respect the Picard charcter, but in all fairness Janeway did get her crew back from the Delta quad with minimal casulites.

Not to mention all the hardships she had to face while there. She forged an alience with the Borg(well sort of) Not to mention that she had a skeleton crew, and most of her brdge crew were maquis, not to mention Paris, who isn't techniclly part of Star fleet.

I don't think it's a "hate" thing Voyager boy..I just prefer Picard at the helm. I have over the last two years been watching much more Voyager eps and am starting to enjoy the show. Makes me wonder how Picard would have dealt with things if they had sent his ship into the delta quadrent.

I have to say Kirk, he really was the typical 'hero' character and ST:TOS was really ground breaking.

Having said that I liked the way Janeway handled her crew (*smirks* ... not like that) and Picard was very good too, as were the others.

ST:VOY is actually my favourite series, simply because it covered so much intellectual ground and was so entertaining, following pretty firmly in the ST:TOS footsteps of character-play and humour...as the series progressed.

And not one vote for Janeway.. :)

Would you like to know what I liked about Janeway? I thought she was a perfect incarnation of Janice Lester :) from the OS only with out the mental problems.

I have to go with Picard. He was the best diplomat and the best all-around captian. I did, of course, like all the others, just not as much.

I've liked them all. And because no one has said a word about Sisko yet, I would like to ad that I that I think he was one of the coolest Captians in Starfleet history....

However in the end I have to go with Picard. They just don't come any cooler than that...

thanks jdigs and eminem that was nice. And i'm glad jdigs that people are giving Voyager a chance. I hated enterprise but am forcing myself to watch it so as to pursaid myself to like it for Roddenbury and because so many people want it to stay its the least I can do. :)

Picard is incredible! If I were in Starfleet I would not hesitate to put my life in his hands.

Patrick Stewart is such an amazing actor. He brought so much to the part and advanced the sexiness of bald men everywhere. :blink:

OK, maybe it's because I am only almost 23, but Picard is the best captain in my book. Even though, he kinda gets on my nerves a bit after he was rescued from the Borg. I think Lily's argument with him in First Contact, sums everything up. He was never bad, just kinda vengeful in a slight way.

My mom was a fan of the Original Trek, and she too chooses Picard over Kirk. As for the other series, I really don't watch them . . .but to be fair I did try watching a few episodes each of Enterprise, DS9, and Voyager, they are just not my cup of tea.

I voted for Picard. I see 9 others picked him too. He is winning. Actually Archer needs a few years to have a fair chance at this poll.

I know I'm not a Mod or anything... but Stelfan, People are entitled to their own opionons..Janeway does have many redeming features about her.

Actually Archer needs a few years to have a fair chance at this poll.

I disagree,lol.gif Archer is the best "out of the gate" character they have ever created. I feel I understand Archer after a season and two-thirds, better than I understand Picard after all this time. No, Archer qualifies NOW!